Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12681269127012711272 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Rashford is a quality player but he lacks the killer instinct to become one of the best. I think mourinho has copped that and rightly so ..
Wow - that's writing him off a bit early! 

In my opinion, had he a manager like Pochettino, who prides himself on developing young players, he could become another Harry Kane (or close).

But under someone like Mourinho who's not interested in the medium term, never mind long term, he's more likely to be another Danny Welbeck (ok, maybe a bit better).

As a United fan I'm fearful of this, I have no doubt Rashford would flourish under a coach like Guardiola or Poch! I'm hoping Mourinho changes his ways and let's his attacking players actually play some football albeit I won't hold my breath.
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Have to say I felt Brady's 'outrage' was a bit contrived. It was like he was being asked to take up the Dunphy role.
Maybe he's still riled at having been outed last week as the coach who dismissed a young Harry Kane from Highbury, on the basis that he'd never make it as a professional footballer LOL
 http://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/379121/harry-kane-arsenal-liam-brady/ 

Mind you, it didn't do Harry any lasting harm...

For me, the rejection is the best thing that ever happened to me. When I was lacing my up boots for my first start in the North London derby back in 2015, I had a flashback to when I was 11, playing against Arsenal’s youth team. It was like déjà vu. Before every match, I always visualize scenarios in my head of exactly how I’ll score in the match. Left-foot curler into the bottom corner. Right-foot volley from the right corner of the box. I’ve always been that way. I get really detailed about it — I’ll picture my opponents and the cut of the grass and everything.

This time, I was picturing the defenders wearing the red Arsenal kit, and I got goosebumps.

We were in the tunnel, and I thought, “O.K. Took me 12 years. But we’ll see who was right and who was wrong.”

I scored two that day, and the winner in the 86th minute was something that I’d never even dream of visualizing before a match. It was a header — probably the best header I’ve ever scored — and that feeling when it hit the back of the net … I’ve never felt a rush like that in my whole career.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/harry-kane-tottenham-zero-to-100/

Edited by Territorial - 22 Feb 2018 at 4:36pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 4:43pm
I don't think Brady is Dunphyesque in that way. He's very bitter towards City and Chelsea and to a lesser extent United given the spending power compared to Arsenal but generally he's fair minded enough in his analysis. He did defend Trap too much mind LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Why's he playing McTominay then if he has no interest in the medium to long term?
McTominay has made precisely two starts in the EPL this season, at home to Bournemouth and at home to Huddersfield.

And I reckon he only started him last night to piss off Pogba! LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Fergie hardly set the world on fire in the knockout phases either:

Knockout stage only facts -
18 games
8 wins
5 draws
5 losses
20 goals scored, an average of 1.1 goals per game.
United scored more than 1 goal only 5 times (Roma, Arsenal, Milan, Schalke, Ajax)
Interesting point, but I think even Ferguson himself would admit it took him longer than it should to realise that the type of football which was good enough to win him numerous Premier League titles was not up to the task of winning CL games, esp in the knockout stages, where the standard of opposition was usually so high.

I believe Carlos Queiroz* had a great deal of influence in solving that particular problem.

And even then, MU were left with the conundrum of building a team which would win the CL, whilst also retaining the (alternative) team which would win them the League. (In other countries, the domestic league wasn't usually so competitive, and/or it was distinctly "second fiddle" to European competition, unlike in England).

* - "Carlos Queiroz was brilliant. Just brilliant. Outstanding. An intelligent, meticulous man. He was good for me. He was a Rottweiler. He was the closest you could be to being the Manchester United manager without actually holding the title." - Ferguson in his Autobiography

Edited by Territorial - 22 Feb 2018 at 5:44pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I don't think Brady is Dunphyesque in that way. He's very bitter towards City and Chelsea and to a lesser extent United given the spending power compared to Arsenal but generally he's fair minded enough in his analysis. He did defend Trap too much mind LOL
Probably not.

But I can never pass up the opportunity to have a pop at a Mexican Gooner, can I? Wink
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:07pm
DDG to sign a new deal
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:14pm

DDG to sign a new deal

You’d have to wonder why and it can’t be about money.

Personally I can’t see him winning much with United but I’m sure you’re delighted and would disagree with me which I would expect you to.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

DDG to sign a new deal

Personally I can’t see him winning much with United but I’m sure you’re delighted and would disagree with me which I would expect you to.

Confused
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:18pm

DDG to sign a new deal

Confused

Where has he a better chance of leagues and champs league medals, Real or United?

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:23pm

DDG to sign a new deal

Confused

Where has he a better chance of leagues and champs league medals, Real or United?

I'm sure he's well aware but if I'm ever talking to him i'll pass on your concerns
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:23pm

DDG to sign a new deal

Confused

I'm sure he's well aware but if I'm ever talking to him i'll pass on your concerns

Good discussing United with ya Bhob, you’re a great lad

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:27pm

DDG to sign a new deal

He will be back in Spain by 31. Plenty of life left in him then. Pretty confident this is his last contract at United. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:46pm
Way more important to get that man signed up over any of this circus around Pogba
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:46pm
Fantastic work if they can tie him down. He is Uniteds best and most important player by a mile. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Fantastic work if they can tie him down. He is Uniteds best and most important player by a mile.
If he should stay, it would increase the chances of Real Madrid signing Courtois from Chelsea, which would be a nice boost to all the other EPL teams!
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:54pm
Contracts mean F all tho
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

If he should stay, it would increase the chances of Real Madrid signing Courtois from Chelsea, which would be a nice boost to all the other EPL teams!

Agreed. You would have to imagine that Courtois would be a highly likely signing for Real. Poor aul Navas is actually a very good keeper but just isn't "box office" enough for Madrid. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12681269127012711272 1770>
  Share Topic