Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11811182118311841185 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Said it here before,Lukaku is a poor footballer
Thought City were excellent today,Utd very poor

I don't think United were all that poor but City are a better side and it showed even after only half an hour.

Race for second is on
You don't think Utd where poor? I thought they were sh*te. Reminded me a bit of Ireland. Terrible in possession,looked like they had never seen a ball before   

Couldn't get to see the full match but seen the first 30 odd minutes and last half an hour. Didn't see any of the goals but from what I seen City were simply much better and smothered United who resorted to aimless direct balls.

Even if Lukaku got that late chance a draw would've been flattering on the balance of play in fairness.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:16pm
It was the gameplan muf. Utd didn't even try to play football which is a shocker for one of the biggest clubs in the world. If they park the bus and hoof it we all might as well. I understand the likes of West Brom and Stoke and Ireland doing it.

Edited by Baldrick - 10 Dec 2017 at 10:17pm
AKA pedantic kunt
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:58pm
Said it before he became manager, said it when he got the job and saying it since. Jose not the man for this job. United are terrible. He has spent a hell of a lot of money and they will have f all to show for it. Onus was on united as second place team today and home side to go out and win the game today. Also said it weeks back I don’t rate Jose as a coach. Lukaku touch and movement is shocking that they haven’t worked on that in training. Totally shocking. You play to your strengths ours are Tony Martial and Rashford.
Said it before on here I can see a lot of Utd fans like myself turn on Jose
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:05pm
Same as with Ireland. You'll put up with sh*te football if you are getting results but even then the goodwill only lasts so long.  Even if Utd win another 2 cup competitions this year it wont be enough.  United fans demand to dominate games themselves or at least be 50/50. Not having 30% possession at home and having no desire to play football.  The clock is ticking for The Disease. Can't see him being there in 3 yrs.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Said it before he became manager, said it when he got the job and saying it since. Jose not the man for this job. United are terrible. He has spent a hell of a lot of money and they will have f all to show for it. Onus was on united as second place team today and home side to go out and win the game today. Also said it weeks back I don’t rate Jose as a coach. Lukaku touch and movement is shocking that they haven’t worked on that in training. Totally shocking. You play to your strengths ours are Tony Martial and Rashford.

Yeah United are terrible under Jose. It's embarrassing to be second in the league, into the later stages of the Champions League and have won 2 trophies in his first season. Absolute joke shop. United should ditch him before they end up in disarray playing football in League One.  
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Yeah United are terrible under Jose. It's embarrassing to be second in the league, into the later stages of the Champions League and have won 2 trophies in his first season. Absolute joke shop. United should ditch him before they end up in disarray playing football in League One.  

Bringing up the trophies and such is a valid point, but you can't deny that quite a lot of the performances have been absolute poison, especially against bigger sides
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:45pm
You forgot the charity shield bhob
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Bringing up the trophies and such is a valid point, but you can't deny that quite a lot of the performances have been absolute poison, especially against bigger sides

Typical response from another football manager fan.

Bhob is right, we are winning trophies and Mourinho has got us playing fantastic football, he should be given a 10year contract for the progress he has made! Mourinho
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:47pm

True

Would you rather they beat City, Liverpool and Chelsea then lose to West Ham, West Brom and Palace or some sh*t? United, albeit with a handful of bad performances this season against tougher opposition, in general have been very good and very good to watch. It's a long season and people are very knee jerk in their reactions. No team will comes close to City and to be honest they easily could have walked away with a point today but it wasn't to be.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Typical response from another football manager fan.

Bhob is right, we are winning trophies and Mourinho has got us playing fantastic football, he should be given a 10year contract for the progress he has made! Mourinho

Yeah let's bring back the previous managers since Fergie left and see how that goes Clap

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:17am

True

Would you rather they beat City, Liverpool and Chelsea then lose to West Ham, West Brom and Palace or some sh*t? United, albeit with a handful of bad performances this season against tougher opposition, in general have been very good and very good to watch. It's a long season and people are very knee jerk in their reactions. No team will comes close to City and to be honest they easily could have walked away with a point today but it wasn't to be.

Why is this the alternative? United have the players to be playing better than they have done in some games this season. Of course they have played well in plenty of games, but the way they have approached some of the games (again more so with bigger games) has been embarrassing. There should not be such a distinct difference in how the team sets up with and without Pogba
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:24am

True

Why is this the alternative? United have the players to be playing better than they have done in some games this season. Of course they have played well in plenty of games, but the way they have approached some of the games (again more so with bigger games) has been embarrassing. There should not be such a distinct difference in how the team sets up with and without Pogba

So they should set up to play every game by just going all out attack? I didn't see too many complaining about how defensive they were against Arsenal after the 3-1 win but then you see them beat Watford 4-2 away and they get criticised. Win games, not good enough, lose games not good enough. Some people are never happy. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:32am

True

So they should set up to play every game by just going all out attack? I didn't see too many complaining about how defensive they were against Arsenal after the 3-1 win but then you see them beat Watford 4-2 away and they get criticised. Win games, not good enough, lose games not good enough. Some people are never happy. 

You're proposing 2 extremes, which is a bit odd. They have 7 points out of a possible 15 against the other teams in the top 6 so far this season, you could only say that against Arsenal was the performance in any way impressive. Against Liverpool, Chelsea, and City (I accept that this City team is superior) they have been absolutely pathetic, that cannot be ignored
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:39am

True

You're proposing 2 extremes, which is a bit odd. They have 7 points out of a possible 15 against the other teams in the top 6 so far this season, you could only say that against Arsenal was the performance in any way impressive. Against Liverpool, Chelsea, and City (I accept that this City team is superior) they have been absolutely pathetic, that cannot be ignored

3 games from 16.... they're lucky not to be relegated at that rate
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:43am
Looks like I was wrong, it can be ignored....
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 6:43am
I was surprised by Man U's performance in the first half - that must have been the worst they have played all season.
I'm not sure why people are surprised by the tactics tho. That's Jose MO - the plan is to beat all the bottom teams and don't lose to your rivals. He always plays defensive against his title rivals.
It's not pretty to watch but he has shown it's effective. If you want to win trophies then Jose is your man. Man U are desperate to win the league as the longer it goes on without a title the more it becomes an issue.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 8:32am
Guardiola is a far superior coach than Jose is
AKA pedantic kunt
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I was surprised by Man U's performance in the first half - that must have been the worst they have played all season.
I'm not sure why people are surprised by the tactics tho. That's Jose MO - the plan is to beat all the bottom teams and don't lose to your rivals. He always plays defensive against his title rivals.
It's not pretty to watch but he has shown it's effective. If you want to win trophies then Jose is your man. Man U are desperate to win the league as the longer it goes on without a title the more it becomes an issue.

That used be way to win the league. Not anymore. City will beat bottom sides but also beat top 6 sides.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11811182118311841185 1770>
  Share Topic