Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11361137113811391140 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:11pm
Four
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:12pm
f**k me, unreal in the last 10mins
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Be very interesting to see the starting lineup tomorrow for United. Mourinho seemed to finally cop on that having players like Herrera, Darmian and the likes in the starting team against fodder in the PL is absolutely pointless. They add nothing in an attacking sense. If United are to do anything this season, in about 75 percent of the PL games, they need to have the likes of those on the bench and very similar lineups to last week. I can't see it being persisted with though. Herrera will likely be back in tomorrow alongside Matic and you'll see one of Mata/Rashford sacrificed. It's that inherent negativity in the manager that I think will cost United countless points over the course of the season. Also if Smalling starts making regular PL appearances again {surely Mourinho has learned that this can never ever happen again!}, any United fan can just write the season off at that point.

Swansea will be a lot stickier than West Ham last week but United should be beating them. 0-0 or 1-0 to United possibly. Can see this being a game where by the end of it, no matter the result, fans on all sides will be thinking that's 90 mins of their lives they can't get back!

It was hilarious last week to see so many headlines in papers and so many pundits almost immediately fall into the same trap with United. They just never learn. Talk about bigging them up on the back of a walkover of a fixture. It reminds me of last season when United won their first 3 games iirc. They got the late winner in one game against Hull {who at the time were one of the poorest sides in PL history managed by possibly the worst manager in PL history}. The reaction was the exact same. Massively over the top, it was 'United wouldn't have scored late on like that in the previous seasons' 'that late scoring United spirit is back' yada yada yada. United have massive improvements to make to even be considered as title challengers yet, let alone actually going and winning the thing. Also, I really hope this 'second season Mourinho winning the title' thing gets huge traction for the months ahead LOL It's possibly the laziest of all analysis to even mention it.

As things stand, I can see United being top or right up there after 7/8 games. The title will almost be won according to lots of pundits. I wouldn't be surprised though if by Christmas they are clinging on for dear life of any feint hope of a title challenge. Could easily be that a kind run in the CL and a QF or semi final appearance there saves Mourinho this season. Much like the Europa did last season.

This post LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:23pm
That last 15 mins from United
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:25pm
Perfect start for Man U.
Clean sheets, spreading around the goals and big wins.

Early days but you can't do any better than that.

HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:30pm
Three goals in 3 minutes and 41 seconds Clap
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by HelloBarry HelloBarry wrote:

Three goals in 3 minutes and 41 seconds Clap

Clement is a top top manager
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They'll win 4-0 today I think

HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 3:31pm

They'll win 4-0 today I think

Nice Clap Hope you placed a bet on it mate.
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 3:26pm

Swansea will be a lot stickier than West Ham last week but United should be beating them. 0-0 or 1-0 to United possibly. Can see this being a game where by the end of it, no matter the result, fans on all sides will be thinking that's 90 mins of their lives they can't get back!

As if you backed Utd to struggle against a Swansea team who have yet to replace either Bony, Williams and now Gylfi.

Cmon man LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Be very interesting to see the starting lineup tomorrow for United. Mourinho seemed to finally cop on that having players like Herrera, Darmian and the likes in the starting team against fodder in the PL is absolutely pointless. They add nothing in an attacking sense. If United are to do anything this season, in about 75 percent of the PL games, they need to have the likes of those on the bench and very similar lineups to last week. I can't see it being persisted with though. Herrera will likely be back in tomorrow alongside Matic and you'll see one of Mata/Rashford sacrificed. It's that inherent negativity in the manager that I think will cost United countless points over the course of the season. Also if Smalling starts making regular PL appearances again {surely Mourinho has learned that this can never ever happen again!}, any United fan can just write the season off at that point.

It was hilarious last week to see so many headlines in papers and so many pundits almost immediately fall into the same trap with United. They just never learn. Talk about bigging them up on the back of a walkover of a fixture. It reminds me of last season when United won their first 3 games iirc. They got the late winner in one game against Hull {who at the time were one of the poorest sides in PL history managed by possibly the worst manager in PL history}. The reaction was the exact same. Massively over the top, it was 'United wouldn't have scored late on like that in the previous seasons' 'that late scoring United spirit is back' yada yada yada. United have massive improvements to make to even be considered as title challengers yet, let alone actually going and winning the thing. Also, I really hope this 'second season Mourinho winning the title' thing gets huge traction for the months ahead LOL It's possibly the laziest of all analysis to even mention it.

As things stand, I can see United being top or right up there after 7/8 games. The title will almost be won according to lots of pundits. I wouldn't be surprised though if by Christmas they are clinging on for dear life of any feint hope of a title challenge. Could easily be that a kind run in the CL and a QF or semi final appearance there saves Mourinho this season. Much like the Europa did last season.

This post LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Ah comical ali is back, slur alex should be right behind him Wink
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
Does The Poison One know that his bus has a faulty handbrake at the moment? Needs to get that fixed.

Edited by Trap junior - 20 Aug 2017 at 4:25pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Does The Poison One know that his bus has a faulty handbrake at the moment? Needs to get that fixed.
The driver will be sacked for the 7th game
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:09am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

As if you backed Utd to struggle against a Swansea team who have yet to replace either Bony, Williams and now Gylfi.

Cmon man LOL

1-0 up after 80 minutes, and if Swansea had nicked one which they easily could have, nobody would have said they didn't deserve it. It was a game of nothingness really for 80 minutes, which is what Swansea wanted obviously. United weren't good enough to kill the game early, but finished well. As I said though if it had been 1-1 before United get the 2nd, nobody could have said that at that point of the game it wasn't a fair reflection of the match itself.

I'm amazed you've pulled me on saying that United struggled against Swansea. They won 4-0, but there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they struggled badly. 4-0 doesn't necessarily mean that United were sublime and wiped the floor with Swansea. If lads here are saying it does, they clearly didn't watch this match. I'll be the first to give a nod to United when they actually blow a team away 4-0, this match by all account was nothing at all like the scoreline suggests.

Btw, did I not say beforehand I expected United to win or at least draw. I also said I expect United to be top of the table or right there after 6/7 games. If they're not, then serious questions would have to be asked.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:19am
It's interesting that you say I despise United Bhob. Quite the contrary, I always enjoyed them as a club even if Fergie was a bitter man. I just don't think they're very good. I guess that's been done to death though and if you say that United aren't very good, it means you hate them on this forum. Besides the fact that you yourself Bhob called me out at the start of last season for saying United were muck, while you predicted a title win, and said that my prediction could only be based on hatred. Yet my prediction was spot on of them finishing 5th {actually I apologise I was laughed at for predicting 5th, they finished lower}, how do you figure that?

I was posting here back in 2013, when I was very happy to see a United team led by RVP who was incredible that season win the title. Amazing how when they had a strong side, I said as much and wasn't touted as hating them.

All of a sudden in recent years, when I've come here and given my opinion on the club, it's players and managers it's made out that you hate someone or something.

Smalling - absolute muck
Darmian - woeful
Mourinho - a toxic person

Just some of the things I've said on here through time Bhob. None of them incorrect, not sure how any make me hate United.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:13am

Cmon man LOL

I'm amazed you've pulled me on saying that United struggled against Swansea. They won 4-0, but there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they struggled badly. 4-0 doesn't necessarily mean that United were sublime and wiped the floor with Swansea. 

60-40 possession in favour of Utd and 0 shots on target and 5 for Utd at the time of the 80th minute.

You've been found guilty before of putting personal agenda before reality and you're doing it again. Swansea are on Brighton's level when it comes to quality in their current state, infact they're so bad it might be an insult to Brighton, they were never getting back into the game.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 6:17am

Cmon man LOL

I'm amazed you've pulled me on saying that United struggled against Swansea. They won 4-0, but there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they struggled badly. 4-0 doesn't necessarily mean that United were sublime and wiped the floor with Swansea. 

60-40 possession in favour of Utd and 0 shots on target and 5 for Utd at the time of the 80th minute.

You've been found guilty before of putting personal agenda before reality and you're doing it again. Swansea are on Brighton's level when it comes to quality in their current state, infact they're so bad it might be an insult to Brighton, they were never getting back into the game.

I'm going to guess by that that you didn't watch any of the actual match. That's fine, but I don't know why lads around here consistently pretend to have watched a full 90 minute game when they may have seen none or just the goal highlights. There was very little in the game, very little creativity. Rashford was very lively, you wouldn't even have known Lukaku was on the pitch until he scored he contributed so little. Yet, I'm actually listening to lads like yourself talk as if United took Swansea apart. Some feat taking a side apart with your main man barely touching the ball for 80 mins Clap

My personal agenda of saying United have been poor for the past few years LOL LOL LOL Imagine someone coming out and saying such a thing. Imagine if I went into the Sunderland forum and said they have been desperate for the past few years, my personal agenda would be shining right through my comments LOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:38am

1-0 up after 80 minutes, and if Swansea had nicked one which they easily could have, nobody would have said they didn't deserve it. It was a game of nothingness really for 80 minutes, which is what Swansea wanted obviously. United weren't good enough to kill the game early, but finished well. As I said though if it had been 1-1 before United get the 2nd, nobody could have said that at that point of the game it wasn't a fair reflection of the match itself.

I'm amazed you've pulled me on saying that United struggled against Swansea. They won 4-0, but there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they struggled badly. 4-0 doesn't necessarily mean that United were sublime and wiped the floor with Swansea. If lads here are saying it does, they clearly didn't watch this match. I'll be the first to give a nod to United when they actually blow a team away 4-0, this match by all account was nothing at all like the scoreline suggests.

Btw, did I not say beforehand I expected United to win or at least draw. I also said I expect United to be top of the table or right there after 6/7 games. If they're not, then serious questions would have to be asked.

The absolute sh*te spouted out of you in bold LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11361137113811391140 1770>
  Share Topic