Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11341135113611371138 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Pogba is the best player in the Premier League and I fully expect him to have an excellent season.

Based on what?
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:17pm
His price tag LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Matic bossed the midfield. Lukaku looked like the flat track bully United sorely needed last year. Mkhitaryan, Pogba and martial in his cameo were excellent. Last year that game would end 0-0. Still think United need a winger and that they won't be winning the league this year but much improved performance, countless points were dropped in games just like that last year.

Na united would have won that game last year as well I reckon,albeit they were impressive today.
The games they drew last year they came up against keepers in inspired form. Joe Hart has been finished for a couple of years now

Hart could'nt have done anything for those goals today and it's crazy to write him completely off despite a very poor last couple of seasons. Given the position he plays, he can potentially be playing at the highest level for the next 6 years. I think he's a good loan signing and if his confidence comes back after his disastrous loan spell in Italy, he could do well at West Ham. 

United drew that game last year Wink
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:32pm
Must say I was surprised st how well Utd played today. Fancied a draw. Matic is a serious footballer. Almost the complete player in his role.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:40pm

Pogba is the best player in the Premier League and I fully expect him to have an excellent season.

Based on what?

Price tag
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

His price tag LOL

Got there before me
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:41pm
Marcus Rashford is still 19 y/o
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Matic bossed the midfield. Lukaku looked like the flat track bully United sorely needed last year. Mkhitaryan, Pogba and martial in his cameo were excellent. Last year that game would end 0-0. Still think United need a winger and that they won't be winning the league this year but much improved performance, countless points were dropped in games just like that last year.

Na united would have won that game last year as well I reckon,albeit they were impressive today.
The games they drew last year they came up against keepers in inspired form. Joe Hart has been finished for a couple of years now

Hart could'nt have done anything for those goals today and it's crazy to write him completely off despite a very poor last couple of seasons. Given the position he plays, he can potentially be playing at the highest level for the next 6 years. I think he's a good loan signing and if his confidence comes back after his disastrous loan spell in Italy, he could do well at West Ham. 

Agree with RB Joe Hart is poor he may not have made any major mistakes today but I would question him on Pogba's goal, not like the ball ended up in the corner.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:48pm

United did draw that game last year LOL they did come up against inspired keepers last year but then I always felt the keepers made about 2 very good saves and the rest youd expect a top flight keeper to make, albeit the fact they made about 10 of those made them look class. 

Hart's position for the fourth goal was pretty poor but i dont think there was much he could have done for the first three. United, if they can comprehensively win these games that they drew last year, will go a good bit further. But the real litmus test will be the first game against the top six. Liverpool away in October the first one (although i dont think Liverpool will be anywhere near the major honours come May either). I still think they should give Inter whatever they want for Perisic. An absolutely magnificent player when he turns it on and gives United something they dont currently have in attack.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:50pm

Agree with RB Joe Hart is poor he may not have made any major mistakes today but I would question him on Pogba's goal, not like the ball ended up in the corner.

Did that goal not slightly deflect of a player? Seemed like it did. 

Even so the pace of it, hit low beat him even if it wasn't into the corner. I wouldn't be too harsh on him there plus the central defence was completely opened up.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:53pm

Did that goal not slightly deflect of a player? Seemed like it did. 

Even so the pace of it, hit low beat him even if it wasn't into the corner. I wouldn't be too harsh on him there plus the central defence was completely opened up.

It looked like he'd come several yards out further than he should have to me to be honest, which is why he was beaten so easily.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:24pm
United looked very good today alright. Great midfield and forward line but terrible back line (not exposed today). Like the kinda fella who buys the Tommy Hilfiger shirt and jeans but still has the penny's shoes.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 13 Aug 2017 at 10:24pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:02am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

United looked very good today alright. Great midfield and forward line but terrible back line (not exposed today). Like the kinda fella who buys the Tommy Hilfiger shirt and jeans but still has the penny's shoes.

De Gea, Valencia and Bailly are all excellent.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 8:37am
Thought Jones was very good at the back yesterday. Left back is the problem area for United. I think Darmian will play there when we are more defensive minded and Blind when we're more attack minded as he has a decent cross on him.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 8:50am
This United team are going to take some stopping. Pace, power, creativity.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:43am

I still think they should give Inter whatever they want for Perisic. An absolutely magnificent player when he turns it on and gives United something they dont currently have in attack.

What can he offer that Martial and Rashford can't?

Genuine question as I've seen feck all of Perisic so know little of his game.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:48am
Forward line to pick from - Lukaku, Mikhi, Mata, Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Ibra (?) plus another (Perisic..)... sure throw in a fit Ashley Young as an option. 

Serious riches.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:50am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I still think they should give Inter whatever they want for Perisic. An absolutely magnificent player when he turns it on and gives United something they dont currently have in attack.

What can he offer that Martial and Rashford can't?

Genuine question as I've seen feck all of Perisic so know little of his game.

they dont need perisic. Hes more of a tecnical player and they have mata and mikitaryan. Who would they leave out. Defo dont need him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11341135113611371138 1770>
  Share Topic