You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man U. takeover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:07pm
Where did they get the money from to pay off the 200m high interest loans??????

You said they were SORTED??? But thats irrelevant i suppose

I have asked you several times but you still havent answered

Your right shoco btw- its fairly pointless talking to this lad

United owe more money than any other club in world football- i would love to know how thats a good thing
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

well thats funny because the debt actually increased from when they took over the club until january this year which resulted in the bond issue, simple maths eh

when they took over the debts were announced at over 600m, in january this year the debt had  increased to over 700m. this despite the fact the club was paying over 60m a year in intrest payments

Shocco - the debt soared because they transfered some bank loans to PIK's which reuslted in the pay backs going up because there was more interest.  But they said the PIK's would be paid off soon - and they were paid off within a year.

All MUFC fans need to know about the debt is this (without all the complicated sh*t we can't fully understand and - more importantly - without the agenda driven made up bull from MUST)

Manchester United are in about 480mill of debt.  This costs the club 45mill a year to pay back.  That's it in simple form.

However, in 2004 - before the Glazers took control - United were turning over about 140mill annually - since the Glazers took over that has risen about 18per cent EVERY year and is continuing to rise (estimated at 335mill for 2011).  That is incredible.  However, it's also not making any headlines and it's certainly NEVER mentioned by MUST in their daily sh*te emails. 

So - with the Glazers at the club we have to pay back that 45mill - which we pay back from the extra 160mill they bring in to the club yearly anyway.  So, yes without the Glazers we wouldn't have to pay the 45mill in loans every year, but we also wouldn't be bringing in an extra 160mill a year!!!

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY: the Glazers have been brill owners from the point of view that they haven't involved themselves in the football side of things. They deal with the commercail side (briiantly) and they hire Ferguson and Gill to run teh football club (brilliantly).

They are going through the best era for the club off the field EVER and are going through the best era of teh club on the field EVER; yet some fans are giving out....

What more do Manchester United fans want?  How can nobody answer that? And please refrain from answering that with mention of the debt - because IT DOESN'T MATTER IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS!

Edited by Siralex - 20 Dec 2010 at 5:20pm
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:21pm
Barlow - answer the question. I've already answered you about the PIKS.  Why are you so interested in that.  How does that bother you or MUFC? 

Answer the question you keep failing to answer or stop posting in the thread!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:23pm
There it is folks, another gem from siralex

Debt doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things

Sure Brian Cowen should give the Imf a ring in the morning and say, ah sure come on lads debt doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things

Lets forget about the huge interest payments on the massive debt put on the club by the Galzers

So forgetting about the huge amount of debt put on the club by the glazers- do you honestly think malcolm glazer is a united fan with the values of the club at heart?

Actually has he ever been to a united game??? Sounds like a huge united fan
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:24pm
Every club loses money. I think it was Alan Sugar who said "If you want to make a profit.......don't buy a football club"
It's part of the course........no avoiding it.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 20 Dec 2010 at 5:25pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Every club loses money. I think it was Alan Sugar who said "If you want to make a profit.......don't buy a football club"It's part of the course........no avoiding it.

Is that a wooden spoon youre using to stir there sham
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:31pm
Ah here, f**k it!

Barlow - you clearly don't get it.  I ain't gonna entertain you anymore.  You are absolutely clueless......

I've asked you the following:

Why do Manchester United need change?? What has gone wrong in the Glazer regime that makes you want change?

FACT: Manchester United are bringing in more money than they ever have in their 130-year history.  More money than any football club in the world has turned over EVER!

FACT: Manchester United are going through the richest vein of form in the club's 130-year history.  Three title wins and two European Cup finals in the last five years not good enough for you.  It's a club record you f**king idiot!

Answer the question; why the need for change?  You are coming across like a spoiled gobsh*te, who doesn't even have a clue what he's going on about!  You really are embarrassing yourself with every post you make!

.....And yet you can't answer it.  I'll leave you to it.

I ain't gonna pop back in to this thread because it's become boring, very boring.  I've been repeating myself because you can't get the simplest of points.  The debt actually doens't matter, because it's been covered, very comfortably by the huge monies coming in to the club from the brilliant commercial and marketing success of the owners.  But you don't seem to get that.

You want Manchester United to be better, but yet the club has never been in a better situation on or off the pitch.  That sums you up - you haven't a clue.  Your playing football manager in your head.  You are spoiled and you are clueless.

I'd also like to point out that I PM'd Barlow about taking part in big research I was doing about Man Utd fans for a feature I was writing....but he didn't get back to me.  Embarrassed that he didn't have a clue.

Good night Barlow - i hope you feel happy you've driven me away from a thread. Congratulations!

Edited by Siralex - 20 Dec 2010 at 5:34pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

well thats funny because the debt actually increased from when they took over the club until january this year which resulted in the bond issue, simple maths eh

when they took over the debts were announced at over 600m, in january this year the debt had  increased to over 700m. this despite the fact the club was paying over 60m a year in intrest payments

Shocco - the debt soared because they transfered some bank loans to PIK's which reuslted in the pay backs going up because there was more interest.  But they said the PIK's would be paid off soon - and they were paid off within a year.

All MUFC fans need to know about the debt is this (without all the complicated sh*t we can't fully understand and - more importantly - without the agenda driven made up bull from MUST)

Manchester United are in about 480mill of debt.  This costs the club 45mill a year to pay back.  That's it in simple form.

However, in 2004 - before the Glazers took control - United were turning over about 140mill annually - since the Glazers took over that has risen about 18per cent EVERY year and is continuing to rise (estimated at 335mill for 2011).  That is incredible.  However, it's also not making any headlines and it's certainly NEVER mentioned by MUST in their daily sh*te emails. 

So - with the Glazers at the club we have to pay back that 45mill - which we pay back from the extra 160mill they bring in to the club yearly anyway.  So, yes without the Glazers we wouldn't have to pay the 45mill in loans every year, but we also wouldn't be bringing in an extra 160mill a year!!!

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY: the Glazers have been brill owners from the point of view that they haven't involved themselves in the football side of things. They deal with the commercail side (briiantly) and they hire Ferguson and Gill to run teh football club (brilliantly).

They are going through the best era for the club off the field EVER and are going through the best era of teh club on the field EVER; yet some fans are giving out....

What more do Manchester United fans want?  How can nobody answer that? And please refrain from answering that with mention of the debt - because IT DOESN'T MATTER IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS!

well i am going to mention the debt because you are wrong. its not that simple im afraid, the 45m a year is only intrest payments, that doesnt actually clear the debt, the 60m that they were paying off was only intrest also, thats why the debt never decreased otherwise it would have been well reduced at this stage

i cant believe you think its just a matter of paying 45m a year and the debt goes away!!!

yes the PIKs are gone, but for all we know the club could have bothered more money to pay them off, or maybe they paid it out of their own pockets (which they lined from taking mney out of the club)

anyways, this time i am off

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:36pm

Ah here, f**k it!

Barlow - you clearly don't get it.  I ain't gonna entertain you anymore.  You are absolutely clueless......

I've asked you the following:

Why do Manchester United need change?? What has gone wrong in the Glazer regime that makes you want change?

FACT: Manchester United are bringing in more money than they ever have in their 130-year history.  More money than any football club in the world has turned over EVER!

FACT: Manchester United are going through the richest vein of form in the club's 130-year history.  Three title wins and two European Cup finals in the last five years not good enough for you.  It's a club record you f**king idiot!

Answer the question; why the need for change?  You are coming across like a spoiled gobsh*te, who doesn't even have a clue what he's going on about!  You really are embarrassing yourself with every post you make!

.....And yet you can't answer it.  I'll leave you to it.

I ain't gonna pop back in to this thread because it's become boring, very boring.  I've been repeating myself because you can't get the simplest of points.  The debt actually doens't matter, because it's been covered, very comfortably by the huge monies coming in to the club from the brilliant commercial and marketing success of the owners.  But you don't seem to get that.

You want Manchester United to be better, but yet the club has never been in a better situation on or off the pitch.  That sums you up - you haven't a clue.  Your playing football manager in your head.  You are spoiled and you are clueless.

I'd also like to point out that I PM'd Barlow about taking part in big research I was doing about Man Utd fans for a feature I was writing....but he didn't get back to me.  Embarrassed that he didn't have a clue.

Good night Barlow - i hope you feel happy you've driven me away from a thread. Congratulations!

and you dont seem to get that thr 45m is only covering the intrst payments

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:37pm
Are you trying to say the glazers are the reason united have been succesful over the last 3/4 years??

What about the 8 leagues 4 fa cups and 1 european cup they won in the 11 years before they took over??

The richest vein of form in the clubs history was between
1999 and 2003 anyway

Im not complaining about the team/ the club or the manager im complaining about the glazers, simple.

There is one reason that united have been so succesful

ALEX FERGUSON
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 7:31pm

LOL LOL

Think your clearly missing the point. This is why the vast majority of man utd supporters want them out of the club

A large percentage of the rising turnover is down to increase in prices and new policies introduced to shaft supporters in any way they can, The supporters are paying the glazers debt they have landed on the club
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 2:30am
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

LOL LOL

Think your clearly missing the point. This is why the vast majority of man utd supporters want them out of the club

A large percentage of the rising turnover is down to increase in prices and new policies introduced to shaft supporters in any way they can, The supporters are paying the glazers debt they have landed on the club

Bingo. And also, fair enough he was always angling for a move, but essentially United sold by far their best player to ease said debt. The Glazers have probably been able to get away with so much of what they have due in large part to Ferguson. He's keeping them successful in extremely different circumstances - certainly compared to what he's been used to in the past.

Current transfer policy is a prime example. United have started to follow Arsenal's path in the last few years, and both club's are modelling this concept on the idea of 'sabermetrics' (as outlined in the book 'Moneyball' by Michael Lewis). People who disagree or think this is nonsense should bear in mind that Billy Beane, who is at the forefront of this, has very close links to Arsenal football club. United, like Arsenal, are basically trying to get value for money by scouting players using barometers that aren't really considered 'traditional'. I'd be very surprised if either club paid out a huge single transfer fee anytime soon as a result.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 4:51am
.....United's transfer activity under the Glazers completely rubbishes Sabermetrics.

How does spending 19mill on Anderson who was virtually unknown fall in to that theory?

How does spending 17mill on Nani who was virtually unknown fall in to that theory?

How does spending 10mill on Chris Smalling who never played a Premier League game at Fulham fall in to that category?

How does spending 24mill on Hargreaves who has a history of bad knee problems  fall in to that theory?

How does spending 18.5m on Michael Carrick fall in to that theory?

How does splashing out 5mill A YEAR just to loan Carlos Tevez fall in to that theory?

How does spending 31mill on a 30-year-old Berbatov with zero re-sale value fall in to that category?

How does the fact that Alex Ferguson has constantly said "there is money here to spend when I need it."  and "The Glazers have NEVER turned down a requests for money for any transfer" fall in to that theory???? 

and how the f**k does the fact that after all the signings Ferguson has made under the Glazers, they have gone on to win three Premier League titles in a row and been in two European Cup Finals fall in to that theory?  Are people saying United are going backwards because their signings aren't good enough?  Jeeeeez!!!

The idea of sabermetrics has been raised loadsa times, but their is no evidence to back it up and a sh*t load of evidence to completely dismiss it!

Also, GreenArmy above said the Manchester United fans are the reason for United's turnover being so big.  It's not buddy.

The Glazers have increased revenue from marketing and commercial ventures by 90percent since 2005.  United had 35 club sponsors in 2005 and now they have 50!

Me think too many people are reading the MUST emails too much!!!!!

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 5:55am

.....United's transfer activity under the Glazers completely rubbishes Sabermetrics.

How does spending 19mill on Anderson who was virtually unknown fall in to that theory?

How does spending 17mill on Nani who was virtually unknown fall in to that theory?

How does spending 10mill on Chris Smalling who never played a Premier League game at Fulham fall in to that category?

How does spending 24mill on Hargreaves who has a history of bad knee problems  fall in to that theory?

How does spending 18.5m on Michael Carrick fall in to that theory?

How does splashing out 5mill A YEAR just to loan Carlos Tevez fall in to that theory?

How does spending 31mill on a 30-year-old Berbatov with zero re-sale value fall in to that category?

How does the fact that Alex Ferguson has constantly said "there is money here to spend when I need it."  and "The Glazers have NEVER turned down a requests for money for any transfer" fall in to that theory???? 

and how the f**k does the fact that after all the signings Ferguson has made under the Glazers, they have gone on to win three Premier League titles in a row and been in two European Cup Finals fall in to that theory?  Are people saying United are going backwards because their signings aren't good enough?  Jeeeeez!!!

The idea of sabermetrics has been raised loadsa times, but their is no evidence to back it up and a sh*t load of evidence to completely dismiss it!

Also, GreenArmy above said the Manchester United fans are the reason for United's turnover being so big.  It's not buddy.

The Glazers have increased revenue from marketing and commercial ventures by 90percent since 2005.  United had 35 club sponsors in 2005 and now they have 50!

Me think too many people are reading the MUST emails too much!!!!!

Well, I argued the opposite of that, so if you don't believe the sabermetrics theory than you can't accuse me of that one too. United haven't gone backwards, but that fact is far more down to Ferguson's management than anything the Glazers have done. I can guarantee that if United weren't achieving on the pitch, then there would be a lot more questions than there currently is about whats going on off it. I suppose that's stating the obvious in many ways but like I said, Ferguson is drawing attention away from the Glazers by keeping the club as successful as he has without the same kind of backing he has been used to over the years.

Anyway, back to the sabermetrics argument, the most recent United signed any of those players you listed was January 2008. Well, bar Smalling who I would argue backs up what I was saying. 10m ain't much for the likes of United, and again it is spent a relatively untested youngster. Just like the other recent signings of Bebe, Obertan, Diouf, those two twins etc. I never said this had been policy since the Glazers arrived, just that it has become policy in recent years along with their other policys which increase revenue and reduce expenditure with the goal of getting those loans to be more managable. Fair enough if they have increased merchandising by what you claim, but haven't they raised ticket prices on several occassions since 2005 also?
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 6:14am
Yes - they have raised ticket prices, by 45percent - and have gone from the 14th most expensive season tickets in the Prem to the 7th.

FIrstly - you say Fergie is acheiving without the same backing.  COuldn't be further from the truth.  United have spent 240mill in the last five years - more money than they have ever spent in any five-year run in the club's history.  Also....genuine quote from Ferguson: "It's much, much easier under the current owners to go out and buy players, it's just a phone call.  Whereas during the PLC years it was a lot more complicated. The Glazers have never refused me money to buy any player I want."

So ... you have no basis for your sabermetrics 'theory' and you freely admit that Ferguson has the capabilities to keep Manchester United successful. 

So....if revenue is up 100percent, and everything off the field is going brilliantly...

and

....if Ferguson has been allowed to keep the success on the pitch going for the last five years with a historic-making run...

Can you explain to me what the problem is with the Glazers?

Are you suggesting they are waiting on Ferguson to retire so they can meddle in team affairs or something????  Where do you think you are making sense?

Edited by Siralex - 23 Dec 2010 at 6:19am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 7:01am
In the last 5 years? You're just sticking to the same timeframe because it suits your argument, even though I've already said this has only been in the last couple of years. How much have transfers cost United in the last two years net? I'm assuming the 80m for Ronaldo puts them firmly in positive territory.

And 45% increase - there you go. I can't imagine it's too relevant to United fans whether they're 7th, 1st or 20th in a comparative table - they have to fork out 45% more now than they did previously. And this despite the fact that the club is actually making a profit from transfers over the last few years!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Glazers are the hell-spawn that the green and gold crew make them out to be. All I stated was that their current transfer policy appears to resemble several aspects of a sabermetric approach, and that I could understand why the average fan would be a bit pissed at having to pay for somebody else's debt on the club they support.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 8:40am
Wow, wow, wow Dev,  f**k me sideways.

I've had some banter sl*gging the likes of clueless posters Baggio and Barlow over the weeks, but your last post is right up there with the most ridiculous I've ever read!!!

You say I'm saying 5 years because it's a time frame that suits my argument?  Are you for real?  I do suppose you know why I'm saying five years in an argument about the current ownership regime at United, right?

Ha ha - it's so laughable.  You are the one making up a time frame to suit your crazy theory. Why two years Dev, why on earth have you been rambling on about the last two years?  Is it only in the last 24months that your 'theory' has come in to practise?

f**k me.....how delusional!\

Your argument ...or 'theory'...is based on absolutely nothing!  It's something somebody suggested during last summer and you've attached yourself to it with no research, records, no quotes from anyone from within the club, infact it has no substance whatsoever...it's completely made up.  Come on...I thought I was gearing up for a good footie debate with you there for a while! 

Edited by Siralex - 23 Dec 2010 at 8:43am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 9:13am
Because my time frame is more relevant in terms of figuring out the direction of the club. Yes, of course I am aware the Glazers took ownership of the club in 2005. Are you suggesting that every owner takes over a business and instantly knows what their strategy will be forever more? That there is no room for organic growth of any kind? I think you'll find that is the ridiculous comment...it's not like they read 'Moneyball' and then suddenly went "F*ck me - let's buy a football club and try that!".

So, are you implying that they have not deviated from their initial spending? If so, how do you explain the last two years? Especially when you consider United lost the title last season, and were well on their way to doing the same this year before Chelsea combined back luck with madness and dropped away. Surely it is when the team isn't doing well that they should be investing? No?

Ultimately only time can decide this argument anyway. My feeling is that United will not be spending big again until the Glazers have moved on - and I will await to be proved incorrect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic