You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man Flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lads if the hangovers get worse with age, how must Malachy feel after one of these trips. What a legend. :)
thats because wolfie drinks half of his !!

he has some stamina that fella, mad for a brandy
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Ive been dying with tonsillitis/flu since sunday. Had to pop a few pills over in slovakia and got some throat spray near the stadium in a pharmacy which Trapped sampled for his own throatLOL I just got on with it. No way was i missing that match.

Well Horsebox had ran out of Strepsils and i couldn't find a chemist anywhere so that was my only option! Bit of a kick off that stuff TJ Thumbs%20Up
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 10:53am
It's Jack Shat
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 9:51am
That time of year again and a bout of this kicking in. Too busy with work to take a day off too. It's actually worse than a Monday morning hangover.
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 9:39pm
checking in on this one, and tommorow is my only day off of the week
dublin-hammer View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dublin-hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 9:45pm
Had a bad case of man flu all weekend. I'll be maken up for it come Thursday for Arthur's day!
I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:13am
Dodgy time of year for us men. Best advice is to try stop this from infecting you because when it does, we all know that very few live to tell the tale.  
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 8:57am
This started to attack me last night, add that to being in bits after the match yesterday, means its very likely I won't pull through. It's been emotional
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

This started to attack me last night, add that to being in bits after the match yesterday, means its very likely I won't pull through. It's been emotional

Nice knowing you pal
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 9:17pm
bump

First time in my life I've had the proper flu.Got it Monday and had to do an ASIST HSE suicide prevention course for work.The sweat was dripping off me and the chair was drenched from my back.Had to call in sick last two days and I've a feeling the boss is a bit put out or might not 100% believe me as he doesn't know me that well.I can barely leave the flat to go to the shop across the road without the sweat pouring off me.

If I'm the same tomorrow I can't call in sick.I feel like I have to fcukin go in and show him and go home again.The office will have me boiling even with my jumper off
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 9:29pm
Have this since Monday evening. It really started kicking in Tuesday and yesterday, only for the fact that I'd stuff I had to do in work I'd have dived. Woke up this morning and thought I was dead. No option but to go sick. To say I'm at deaths door is an understatement.

Edited by sham157 - 06 Feb 2014 at 9:29pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Have this since Monday evening. It really started kicking in Tuesday and yesterday, only for the fact that I'd stuff I had to do in work I'd have dived. Woke up this morning and thought I was dead. No option but to go sick. To say I'm at deaths door is an understatement.

Sham not trying to be smart but if it's the full dose you'd barely get out of bed tbh.If it was you're very stupid to go into work.You're body has to have time to recover.Sorry I don't mean to be a prick to ya about it.

It also didn't help I was on the piss back home for the weekend and stayed up until half 3 Sunday night to watch the.Superbowl

Edited by irishmufc - 06 Feb 2014 at 9:33pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 9:43pm
I hear ye, was only setting in. Have it full blown today and couldn't get out of bed til after midday. Have barely moved off the sofa all day. Heading back to the pit in a bit. Ive had hot sweats, cold sweats, real sweats, continuity sweats and I can't believe it's not the sweats
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 9:47pm

I hear ye, was only setting in. Have it full blown today and couldn't get out of bed til after midday. Have barely moved off the sofa all day. Heading back to the pit in a bit. Ive had hot sweats, cold sweats, real sweats, continuity sweats and I can't believe it's not the sweats

I thought I got rid of my sweats but still have them
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 10:14am
Went in this morning and the shirt was stuck to my back. Had to go home. The boss was sound as a bell. I thought he was a bit iffy with me yesterday but he wasn't. He definitely appreciated the effort.Never had 2 never mind 3 days off work in a row from being sick.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 10:23am
Once you make an effort to show up they generally appreciate it even if you're only there for an hour. Most of them dont want you in the office anyway if your sick as aircon is a nightmare for spreading it around the place. Have a head cold myself and I'd say the boss thinks I'm either flat out on the coke or have a dose of the trots with the amount of times I've been in and out of the jacks to blow my nose.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 10:32am
Should have built up sufficient brownie points last night to cover my day off yesterday. Took 3 calls from work last night to deal with stuff.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 10:57am

LOL

Suck it up Suzie. You're grand you big oul wan
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic