You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man Flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man Flu
    Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:16am
Must have been a massive outbreak of it in Slovakia, know a load of lads, including me, that came back with it. Felt like death yesterday, popping day and night nurse tablets here like tic-tacs.

Nothing got to do with four or five days on the beer and being run down at all, it's man flu!Wink
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:25am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Must have been a massive outbreak of it in Slovakia, know a load of lads, including me, that came back with it. Felt like death yesterday, popping day and night nurse tablets here like tic-tacs.

Nothing got to do with four or five days on the beer and being run down at all, it's man flu!Wink

In the same predicament meself, couldn't go to the Mons match llast night because of it, popping uniflu all day yesterday, feeling loads better today but still not 100%. Bloody Man Flu
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:09am
Same as boys:( couldn't go shels last night either:(

Feel a lot better today though
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:24am
Usually feel like sh*t coming back from trips but this one has been an exception.

Not sure if its all the vitamin c I took in the mojitos I drunk in Krakow :)

Always feel very run down after these trips.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:42am
Summary = we are all getting to old for these trips
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:43am
manflu also
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:50am
I'm in great form
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:55am
Feeling 100%...

Thought I'd be goosed coming back as had been on the sauce since the Russia game...must have been those magic pears I broughtCool
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:28pm
Ive been dying with tonsillitis/flu since sunday. Had to pop a few pills over in slovakia and got some throat spray near the stadium in a pharmacy which Trapped sampled for his own throatLOL I just got on with it. No way was i missing that match.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:13pm
Same here lads had a Man Flu from a late night against Russia -
Drank through the pain barrier in Slovakia

Then I ate a Kebab in Bratislava and have been sick since.
I've stopped actually getting sick and just have runs big style.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Summary = we are all getting to old for these trips

Think you're right Gaz, felt tired but alright on the flight back from Vienna on Wednesday afternoon, then it hit me that night.
Boss told me to go home from work on Thursday I looked that bad but I stayed in the office.

Last night I thought I was coughing up a lung at one stage. Spent today on the couch with the heat turned up and I feel a hell of a lot better now.

Can't wait for the pneumonia I'll come back from Moscow with next September!! Ireland v Slovakia on the Friday and Russia away on the Tuesday...and I'll be a year older. I'll be dying for two weeks after that one...can't wait!!LOLLOL

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:59pm
My thoughts and prayers are with you lads at this time. Man Flu is a very serious condition and needs to be treated very seriously. Remember to inform your wife/girlfriend that you will not be able to perform everyday tasks as usual while you a re suffering from this illness and she will need to look after you over te coming days. Be brave men, you'll get through this.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
gmansdad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmansdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 4:25pm
i felt a lot worse after yerevan...i put it down to the flying.....not the vodka shots,kojaks,b52s !!
attack,attack,attack !
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:47pm
had a sinus infection after yerevan so was happy to just have a croaky voice this time. Cool

Yis WIMPS!!! LOL
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:56pm

They should do one of those "How Long Will You Live" type programmes with a bunch of lads after a 4 or 5 days heavy away trip. Strange programme that as the doctor that does it looks like he's fond of a late night and a smoke himself.

Anyway I reckon it would be funny to lay out in all it's glory the diet and lifestyle that the average fan follows for the 4 or 5 days of a trip!

When they put up the projected age thing it would probably register an age YOUNGER than the age of the people actually doing it. I could just hear the doctor now, eh Seanie Mac, you should in fact be dead......LOL 
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

eh Seanie Mac, you should in fact be dead......LOL 

Pissed me self at that

or diagnosing Sham157 with explosive diarrhea
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:59pm
Lads if the hangovers get worse with age, how must Malachy feel after one of these trips. What a legend. :)
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

When they put up the projected age thing it would probably register an age YOUNGER than the age of the people actually doing it. I could just hear the doctor now, eh Seanie Mac, you should in fact be dead......LOL 

LOLLOLLOL
I do look about ten years older than I normally do after Ireland games!

I actually was getting a pre op assessment in August and I had a work night thing the night before. The nurse was asking me a load of questions and asked how many units a week I drank. I said 10, she said "ten units wouldn't do that to your eyes", I said "eh, 15" and she said "we'll put down 25"

A pint is 2 units, stronger beer is 3 units, a standard vodka in a pub is 1.5 units and 21 is the max recommended drank a week! Most lads would have hit about 40-50 units on Monday and Tuesday alone in Slovakia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic