Man Flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man Flu
    Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:16am
Must have been a massive outbreak of it in Slovakia, know a load of lads, including me, that came back with it. Felt like death yesterday, popping day and night nurse tablets here like tic-tacs.

Nothing got to do with four or five days on the beer and being run down at all, it's man flu!Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:25am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Must have been a massive outbreak of it in Slovakia, know a load of lads, including me, that came back with it. Felt like death yesterday, popping day and night nurse tablets here like tic-tacs.

Nothing got to do with four or five days on the beer and being run down at all, it's man flu!Wink

In the same predicament meself, couldn't go to the Mons match llast night because of it, popping uniflu all day yesterday, feeling loads better today but still not 100%. Bloody Man Flu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:09am
Same as boys:( couldn't go shels last night either:(

Feel a lot better today though

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:24am
Usually feel like sh*t coming back from trips but this one has been an exception.

Not sure if its all the vitamin c I took in the mojitos I drunk in Krakow :)

Always feel very run down after these trips.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:42am
Summary = we are all getting to old for these trips

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:43am
manflu also

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:50am
I'm in great form

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 11:55am
Feeling 100%...

Thought I'd be goosed coming back as had been on the sauce since the Russia game...must have been those magic pears I broughtCool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:28pm
Ive been dying with tonsillitis/flu since sunday. Had to pop a few pills over in slovakia and got some throat spray near the stadium in a pharmacy which Trapped sampled for his own throatLOL I just got on with it. No way was i missing that match.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:13pm
Same here lads had a Man Flu from a late night against Russia -
Drank through the pain barrier in Slovakia

Then I ate a Kebab in Bratislava and have been sick since.
I've stopped actually getting sick and just have runs big style.
seaniemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:55pm

Summary = we are all getting to old for these trips

Think you're right Gaz, felt tired but alright on the flight back from Vienna on Wednesday afternoon, then it hit me that night.
Boss told me to go home from work on Thursday I looked that bad but I stayed in the office.

Last night I thought I was coughing up a lung at one stage. Spent today on the couch with the heat turned up and I feel a hell of a lot better now.

Can't wait for the pneumonia I'll come back from Moscow with next September!! Ireland v Slovakia on the Friday and Russia away on the Tuesday...and I'll be a year older. I'll be dying for two weeks after that one...can't wait!!LOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:59pm
My thoughts and prayers are with you lads at this time. Man Flu is a very serious condition and needs to be treated very seriously. Remember to inform your wife/girlfriend that you will not be able to perform everyday tasks as usual while you a re suffering from this illness and she will need to look after you over te coming days. Be brave men, you'll get through this.
gmansdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmansdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 4:25pm
i felt a lot worse after yerevan...i put it down to the flying.....not the vodka shots,kojaks,b52s !!
attack,attack,attack !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:47pm
had a sinus infection after yerevan so was happy to just have a croaky voice this time. Cool

Yis WIMPS!!! LOL
FiremanDan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:56pm

They should do one of those "How Long Will You Live" type programmes with a bunch of lads after a 4 or 5 days heavy away trip. Strange programme that as the doctor that does it looks like he's fond of a late night and a smoke himself.

Anyway I reckon it would be funny to lay out in all it's glory the diet and lifestyle that the average fan follows for the 4 or 5 days of a trip!

When they put up the projected age thing it would probably register an age YOUNGER than the age of the people actually doing it. I could just hear the doctor now, eh Seanie Mac, you should in fact be dead......LOL 
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Daz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

eh Seanie Mac, you should in fact be dead......LOL 

Pissed me self at that

or diagnosing Sham157 with explosive diarrhea
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:59pm
Lads if the hangovers get worse with age, how must Malachy feel after one of these trips. What a legend. :)
seaniemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

When they put up the projected age thing it would probably register an age YOUNGER than the age of the people actually doing it. I could just hear the doctor now, eh Seanie Mac, you should in fact be dead......LOL 

I do look about ten years older than I normally do after Ireland games!

I actually was getting a pre op assessment in August and I had a work night thing the night before. The nurse was asking me a load of questions and asked how many units a week I drank. I said 10, she said "ten units wouldn't do that to your eyes", I said "eh, 15" and she said "we'll put down 25"

A pint is 2 units, stronger beer is 3 units, a standard vodka in a pub is 1.5 units and 21 is the max recommended drank a week! Most lads would have hit about 40-50 units on Monday and Tuesday alone in Slovakia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>