You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Malaysian Airlines plane crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Malaysian Airlines plane crash
    Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 1:01am
Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board, missing. Just breaking on Sky News

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Jul 2014 at 6:18pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 2:08am
Was watching aircrash investigation the other night of the air France one that went missing from brazil to Paris a few years back, scary stuff. This doesn't look good, probably something similar weather related...hopefully not
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 2:12am
Tony Fernandes and a few more saying that there are unconfirmed reports that the plane landed safely in Nanning, China.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 2:17am
I've just seen a statement retweeted on Twitter from the airline saying there hasn't been any contact with the plane
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 2:53am
A lot of Malaysian Aircraft are banned from entering EU and US airports because of their safety record. This doesn't look good.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 3:11am
Should have landed at 10.30 our time. thats nearly 5 hours ago,,

Its Curtains.

Unfortunately
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 8:46am
f**king hate hearing of this.
Flew on the exact same type aircraft a fortnight ago. God love them all.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

A lot of Malaysian Aircraft are banned from entering EU and US airports because of their safety record. This doesn't look good.

Source?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 9:38am

what's that got to do with Malaysian Airlines? One of the worlds leading airlines...ignorance is bliss
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 10:08am
Unreal considering its such a safe aircraft. Only other fatal accident with the 777 was last year where 3 people were killed.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 10:12am
crashed in the South China Sea according to Reuters
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Unreal considering its such a safe aircraft. Only other fatal accident with the 777 was last year where 3 people were killed.

and one of World's best airlines, only one of seven rated 'five-star' in the worl incidently Asiana are one of the others, shocking to hear, don't expect any planes of that standard crashing these days
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

what's that got to do with Malaysian Airlines? One of the worlds leading airlines...ignorance is bliss
Oops its Philippines not Malaysian Airways. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 11:21am

Oops its Philippines not Malaysian Airways. 

no worries

Unfortunately this aircraft was at 35 or 36000 feet when it got into trouble. No hope of survivors I'm afraid. Just hope all bodies are recovered.

Edited by colemanY2K - 08 Mar 2014 at 11:23am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 12:06pm
This would nearly have to be terrorism related. You have an airline & aircraft with a near perfect safety record (and the crash referred to above at SFO was proven to be pilot error) disappearing off radar screens in an instant, without the pilots having time to give a mayday. As Coleman says above, the plane was at 35,000 feet, had there been some class of engine failure, they would have had plenty time to do so, it takes a while to come down from that height, even in a stalled engine situation. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 12:10pm
Has similarities to the air india and locherbie disasters in the 80's but wouldn't like to speculate any further as could have been an accident similar to the air france crash in recent years.

The news of family members being poorly treated at the airport in China is disgraceful.

Edited by colemanY2K - 08 Mar 2014 at 12:11pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 12:22pm

The news of family members being poorly treated at the airport in China is disgraceful.

story there?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 12:27pm
I think most aircraft warning systems were upgraded after the Air France crash in order to prevent that type of accident happening again (But that was an Airbus, so I don't know whether Boeing took measures, or for that matter, have similar operating systems). I posted the crash report from that one here before, and it is nearly scarier than a terrorist attack. But it is likely one or the other, the overwhelming majority of crashes are caused by pilot error. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
  Share Topic