You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Madeline McCann folks on The late late

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

They are kids though, takes a lot to wake kids from sleeps. But they could have very well given them something.

That said, I think the only thing they are really guilty of is neglect. On the doc they mentioned that on their restaurant booking for the Tapas restaurant on site under their group booking for the week it said something like "reservation for week required as parents are leaving their children asleep in the apartments". That was available for anyone to read!

The location of the apartment right by the street too, it was asking for trouble leaving the kids unattended with doors unlocked.

The biggest mystery for me is how the body was never found or the abducter caught out with all the attention. My theory is one of the following
1. It was a complete lone wolf who did a good job of disposing of the body.
2. It was a major criminal organization who abducted her to a peodo ring with help of corrupt police/officials. Probably killer her and got rid of the body after all the attention.

I actually think #1 is the most plausible as surely someone would have talked if #2 by now

I have always felt it was a robbery gone wrong. Why take her and not the other 2 kids as well? I always felt she must have disturbed someone and in a panic to shut her up she was smothered. However that Adam Campbell case in Scotland would make you think- was it some sick f**ker who for whatever reason was in the apartment( a lone wolf robbery maybe) who did what Campbell did?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:31am
Any potential abductors could’ve drugged the kids either, I wasn’t necessarily saying it was the parents. Just struck me as strange that with all the commotion in the apartment that kids slept on 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:43am
The drugged up angle in the show was that the folks gave her too much sleeping pills and being GP's they would have lost their licence. But in that scenario, they came back and found they'd killed their child and had the calmness to dispose of the body - not a hope.

The folks being involved full stop always seemed a stretch, as the show said, they went through IVF to have Madeline, stupid waste to go to all that effort only to do something.

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:45am
The body not being found is the one thing I could never fathom 
Unless she was put in the sea 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 12:03pm

No doubt its gross negligence on the parents part. The position of the apartment and the kids bedroom is round the back of the block from where they were eating. There have been numerous accounts that the parents who were going back to check at regular intervals were going in through an unlocked sliding door to the apartment. Unreal that they left kids sleeping there in an apartment in that position with the door unlocked.

I don't think its a robbery gone wrong. If a 3 year old woke up during a robbery they wouldn't or couldn't really do much apart from cry.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No doubt its gross negligence on the parents part. The position of the apartment and the kids bedroom is round the back of the block from where they were eating. There have been numerous accounts that the parents who were going back to check at regular intervals were going in through an unlocked sliding door to the apartment. Unreal that they left kids sleeping there in an apartment in that position with the door unlocked.
Ground floor apartment too, with street access. Mad stuff.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:14pm

I don't think its a robbery gone wrong. If a 3 year old woke up during a robbery they wouldn't or couldn't really do much apart from cry.

Yeah the more I think the more I think it may be an Adam Campbell type incident. I just don't see it as child traffickers. That theory just doesn't hold water for me. The parents were grossly negligent but they will have to live with the fact their kid disappeared in a foreign country and she was never recovered alive or dead and no one knows what happened. They did wrong but they have paid a price that one can't even fathom. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 6:40pm

Anyone listened to the podcast - Maddie?

Listening to it at the minute. There is a sizeable and increasingly loud crowd of conspiracy theorists on this case especially at the minute with the Netflix series just having come out.
Have to say I've never believed that the parents played any part in the disappearance, i'm halfway through the podcast series and that hasn't changed.

Gemma O'Doherty thinks it was Tony Blair wot done it LOL
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 7:35pm
I once heard someone speculate that she has woken up, walked to the beach and been swept out to sea. I don't think we will ever know. 

Sure less than 0.01% of people are capable of doing such a wicked thing to young child. Then for them to have the opportunity to do so, being in the right place at the right time, makes the chance even more remote.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Anyone listened to the podcast - Maddie?

Listening to it at the minute. There is a sizeable and increasingly loud crowd of conspiracy theorists on this case especially at the minute with the Netflix series just having come out.
Have to say I've never believed that the parents played any part in the disappearance, i'm halfway through the podcast series and that hasn't changed.

Gemma O'Doherty thinks it was Tony Blair wot done it LOL
There was a lot less written about all the children he murdered.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:33pm
Fair play to anyone who watched the Maddie McCann doc, you just spent more time watching her than her parents
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:17am
wasn't there a man seen carrying a child matching her description by an Irish couple...a man that looked very similar to gerry mc cann.....another theory was she woke up,opened the door and wandered into the street at night and was hit by a car,in a panic the driver picked her body up and got rid of it.plus heard the one about the two men in the area knocking on doors who had connections to a pdo ring...the two men where staying in the apartment above the mc canns
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:54am
Whatever happened to Madeline, the fact that the parents and their group of friends couldn't get their timelines and stories straight should ring alarm bed for people. Going by reports down the years, there was lots of lip flopping on their stories of who went to check on the kids and when in the 24 hours after the child disappeared. 

So either, somebody from that group had something to do with, or more likely their stories of checking on the kids every 20 minutes are absolute lies. I reckon they were getting sloshed and rarely checking on the children. When the child was missing then, they had to cover their arses even more.

How the parents were not facing neglect charges I'll never know. Leaving the back door open was criminal, in the literal sense. That apartment could have been locked with a key. The problem being that whoever was due to check on the children would have had to take a longer route back from the restaurant to the front door of the apartment, thereby reducing their time available for drinking.

I have huge sympathy for the child. Dreadful events, whatever has happened. I wouldn't have any sympathy for the parents though. They should have faced jail time for neglect. It's scandalous that they haven't.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:48am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Fair play to anyone who watched the Maddie McCann doc, you just spent more time watching her than her parents

LOL

The police made an absolute b*llox of the investigation. As mentioned in the documentary, there had been a number of sexual assaults on young girls in their holiday complexes who were visiting the area with their families. And the more frightening incident where a mother answered her door to a male charity collector, who during their conversation had his eyes fixated on the woman's 3 year old daughter. A day or so later, which happened to be a short time (can't remember the exact number of days but was no more than a week) before Maddie disappeared, the mother walked in to her kitchen and found the same man standing beside her child before he ran off after being caught. How the police neglected these cases is beyond me.

Something I never realised before was how easily accessible their apartment was from the road. Gross negligence by the parents here. 

Sad moment in the documentary when they look at the case of the young Portuguese boy who was abducted and his mother looked through a catalogue of images taken from paedo sites, and found her child in one of the images. You'd nearly rather your child was dead than being subjected to those sorts of people.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:31am

LOL
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:04pm
I  didn't see the show but it just reminded me of the medium Derek Acorah being on the Gerry Ryan radio show absolutely years ago and saying yes they definitely did it and they will eventually be charged. He's some clown that guy, even Most Haunted sacked him.I'm surprised though how many in this thread think they are are innocent. They give off such a guilty vibe which I'm sure is what delboy was working off.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 8:09pm
The Australian narrator of that Maddie podcast sounds like he’s saying “drugged-her” when he’s talking about the fella Smith from Drogheda 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

LOL

The police made an absolute b*llox of the investigation. As mentioned in the documentary, there had been a number of sexual assaults on young girls in their holiday complexes who were visiting the area with their families. And the more frightening incident where a mother answered her door to a male charity collector, who during their conversation had his eyes fixated on the woman's 3 year old daughter. A day or so later, which happened to be a short time (can't remember the exact number of days but was no more than a week) before Maddie disappeared, the mother walked in to her kitchen and found the same man standing beside her child before he ran off after being caught. How the police neglected these cases is beyond me.

Something I never realised before was how easily accessible their apartment was from the road. Gross negligence by the parents here. 

Sad moment in the documentary when they look at the case of the young Portuguese boy who was abducted and his mother looked through a catalogue of images taken from paedo sites, and found her child in one of the images. You'd nearly rather your child was dead than being subjected to those sorts of people.

Just finished watching the documentary last night and those two lines of enquiry surely must be the one that would lead to the truth. The guy wearing the surgical mask breaking into apartments and sexually assaulting or attempting to assault(I think in one case even attempted to abduct a 3 year old) young girls must be a key suspect. But that reconstruction scene of him climbing into a bedroom and lying next to a young girl really gave me the creeps as did the fake charity collector being in the house the day after calling looking for funds but staring at a 3 year old girl inside instead. Both those scenes gave me creeps I can't even describe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic