You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Madeline McCann folks on The late late

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:19am
How can anyone ever say these parents were involved if that was the case then why would they be opening up the case again and going on oprah??? The Mccains have two other children why would they have just done something to madeline and not the other children is well (if they were involved which they weren't).
So many knob heads around like to have  theories and conspiracy's about everything in life just to have something to talk about.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:32am
tis as simple as this. they are responsible for the child going missing, leaving kids alone while going out for dinner is not acceptable, so i my eyes they are as gulity as who ever took that poor girl.

if it was some working class parents who had left there kids to go out for the night the story would have been spun very differently by the media and they would never get the chance to go on the late late and other such prime time shows.
it make me sick that someone who left there child in a foreign country in a unsecure apartment is getting so much public symapthy Thumbs Down
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:55am
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

tis as simple as this. they are responsible for the child going missing, leaving kids alone while going out for dinner is not acceptable, so i my eyes they are as gulity as who ever took that poor girl.

if it was some working class parents who had left there kids to go out for the night the story would have been spun very differently by the media and they would never get the chance to go on the late late and other such prime time shows.
it make me sick that someone who left there child in a foreign country in a unsecure apartment is getting so much public symapthy Thumbs Down

+1

Well said deise

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:20am

?
if it was some working class parents who had left there kids to go out for the night the story would have been spun very differently by the media?and they would never get the chance to go on the late late and other such prime time shows.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:21am
agree with deise , the parents had nothing to do with it but are responsible nonetheless ,

and the portuguese cops were fcukin useless 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:24am
Not only as deise said would two working class parents not have gotten as much sympathy but they'd have gotten done for neglect as well IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

no way they were involved
i think shes still alive,in north africa probably,and will be found in 5-10 years

Jaysus, thats an awful thought.
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:06am

Harsh. Very very harsh indeed.

Of course they accept that it was their mistake for leaving their kids unminded, but she admitted last night that she has persecuted herself many times since then for having done so. She looked an absolutely broken woman last night, still. They made a mistake 4 years ago and are paying the heaviest price possible for it, so it is a bit heartless for people to be still putting the boot in after all this time.

Yes other kids from poorer families have gone missing and the same publicity has not been generated. That is a media issue. But you can't blame the parents here for using every possible means at their disposal to keep their case in the public eye in the forlorn hope that they might see their child again. It would seem very harsh to begrudge them the publicity that they themselves are generating. It is their only hope. At least they are not giving up.

And anyone who thinks that the parents had anything to do with their child's disappearance needs their head examined.

petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Harsh. Very very harsh indeed.

Of course they accept that it was their mistake for leaving their kids unminded, but she admitted last night that she has persecuted herself many times since then for having done so. She looked an absolutely broken woman last night, still. They made a mistake 4 years ago and are paying the heaviest price possible for it, so it is a bit heartless for people to be still putting the boot in after all this time.

Yes other kids from poorer families have gone missing and the same publicity has not been generated. That is a media issue. But you can't blame the parents here for using every possible means at their disposal to keep their case in the public eye in the forlorn hope that they might see their child again. It would seem very harsh to begrudge them the publicity that they themselves are generating. It is their only hope. At least they are not giving up.

And anyone who thinks that the parents had anything to do with their child's disappearance needs their head examined.

Well said Emerald, none of us can imagine what the McCann's are going through.

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:21am

Anyone listened to the podcast - Maddie?

Listening to it at the minute. There is a sizeable and increasingly loud crowd of conspiracy theorists on this case especially at the minute with the Netflix series just having come out.
Have to say I've never believed that the parents played any part in the disappearance, i'm halfway through the podcast series and that hasn't changed.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:44am
Chap on Twitter @joshrfrd, has a thread about stuff the doc missed. Some of it is probably conspiracy stuff but some is interesting enough
Some people just deserve a slap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:55am
I don't really see how they could have hidden her body for 3 weeks from the time she was discovered missing to the time they hired a car, given that the whole area was being forensically searched.

Also, one theory is they accidentally gave her too much medication to help her sleep. How would one parent communicate to the other that she'd died in the time after she was discovered not to be in the bed, and keep it from the rest of the group who were at the tapas bar? Seems impossible to me.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Chap on Twitter @joshrfrd, has a thread about stuff the doc missed. Some of it is probably conspiracy stuff but some is interesting enough

Got as far as his cover photo and I already know it's bullsh*t
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:07am
After watching the netflix yolk i think she was abducted but up to that point i was sure that the parents where involved. I think deep down most folk believe her parents overdosed her because its a far less horrifying prospect than losing.her to a pedophile ring. God help the family. On a positive note ya got to love that financial backers massive red couch unfortuantely i dont think DFS stock them.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I don't really see how they could have hidden her body for 3 weeks from the time she was discovered missing to the time they hired a car, given that the whole area was being forensically searched.

Also, one theory is they accidentally gave her too much medication to help her sleep. How would one parent communicate to the other that she'd died in the time after she was discovered not to be in the bed, and keep it from the rest of the group who were at the tapas bar? Seems impossible to me.
Have read that myself. Wasn’t the mother an anaesthetist, and the other kids slept right thru the ordeal including some of the time the  police were in the apartment 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:35am
They are kids though, takes a lot to wake kids from sleeps. But they could have very well given them something.

That said, I think the only thing they are really guilty of is neglect. On the doc they mentioned that on their restaurant booking for the Tapas restaurant on site under their group booking for the week it said something like "reservation for week required as parents are leaving their children asleep in the apartments". That was available for anyone to read!

The location of the apartment right by the street too, it was asking for trouble leaving the kids unattended with doors unlocked.

The biggest mystery for me is how the body was never found or the abducter caught out with all the attention. My theory is one of the following
1. It was a complete lone wolf who did a good job of disposing of the body.
2. It was a major criminal organization who abducted her to a peodo ring with help of corrupt police/officials. Probably killer her and got rid of the body after all the attention.

I actually think #1 is the most plausible as surely someone would have talked if #2 by now
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:56am
haven’t paid too much attention to the case but weren’t there dogs that thought they smelled something in their car and weren’t the parents in a church where the Preist thought that they could have buried her in a grave? What are the reasonable counter arguments to those points? See a lot of conspiracy theories pop up on facebook
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

They are kids though, takes a lot to wake kids from sleeps. But they could have very well given them something.

That said, I think the only thing they are really guilty of is neglect. On the doc they mentioned that on their restaurant booking for the Tapas restaurant on site under their group booking for the week it said something like "reservation for week required as parents are leaving their children asleep in the apartments". That was available for anyone to read!

The location of the apartment right by the street too, it was asking for trouble leaving the kids unattended with doors unlocked.

The biggest mystery for me is how the body was never found or the abducter caught out with all the attention. My theory is one of the following
1. It was a complete lone wolf who did a good job of disposing of the body.
2. It was a major criminal organization who abducted her to a peodo ring with help of corrupt police/officials. Probably killer her and got rid of the body after all the attention.

I actually think #1 is the most plausible as surely someone would have talked if #2 by now

Agree on the neglect especially with the location of the apartment-
Although my parents did the same to us but we were Dundalk kids.
Different times back then. Nobody would do it now.

Had to be a one man job as you say. 

After all these years we are never going to find out the truth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic