You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luke McNally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 12:27pm
Reported today that McNally is going to Burnley for £1.6 million. Ballard deal fell through as he could not agree personal terms.
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 8:41pm
They have done good business so far imo. McNally and Twine. Picking up value from league one thrivers.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 11:11pm
Great move for him. Working under Kompany will do him the world of good.

Definitely one to watch for the senior squad over the next couple of years.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 12:41pm
Sounds like this is a done deal anyway, great move for him to genuine Championship contenders and working under Kompany could be massive for his development also. Not beyond possibility that he could be an EPL player in a year's time.

Could be some battle for promotion from the Championship involving Irish centre backs this season:

Omobamidele at Norwich
McNally and Long at Burnley (and possibly even Collins)
Egan at Sheffield United
Lenihan at Middlesbrough
O'Shea at West Brom

That's five of the top six clubs in the promotion betting odds at the moment.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 5:03pm
Now confirmed that he has joined Burnley. A lot of traffic in front of him in terms of getting into the Ireland squad but if he has a good season there he wouldn't be too far away.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 10:39am
was always amazed pats let him join us (drogs) on loan. They’ll argue it was to get first team football, but you could tell from the off that he was a level above the league of Ireland even at a young age.

Very cool centre half, never seemed to panic, etc.

Will be interesting to see how he does at Burnley now
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 10:19pm
Makes his Burnley debut tonight coming on in injury time for Cullen to be a makeshift CF. Not the best start to his move.

Edited by J89 - 12 Aug 2022 at 10:19pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 7:13pm
Concerning that McNally only makes the bench for the EFL Cup.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 7:35pm
They've been playing a left back out of position ahead of him and are apparently looking to sign another centre back. Suggests they don't think he's ready.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:06am
Yep it's a worry as this game was made for him .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:08pm
Burnley about to bring in another centre-back.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:33pm
Yeah signing Jordan Beyer on loan who can play CB and RB. Having a medical atm.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 11:18am
What a nightmare of a move this is turning out to be.

I had high hopes for him and O'Hora as late developers who would eventually push for senior caps at 24/25.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 11:48am
He didn't play for Oxford at all for the first half season he was there after moving over from Ireland. The move still went fairly well for him in the end. Give him a chance to adjust to the next step up he is making, it's very early days for him yet.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 11:53am
Yeah early days and it's a long season, you never know what will happen. Not a great start for sure but we'll have a better idea where things are likely to go by January, if he's still out of the picture then he'll hopefully get a loan move.
We're decent enough..
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

What a nightmare of a move this is turning out to be.

I had high hopes for him and O'Hora as late developers who would eventually push for senior caps at 24/25.

Give it time as i know VK knows what he is doing in training each day . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 11:57am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He didn't play for Oxford at all for the first half season he was there after moving over from Ireland. The move still went fairly well for him in the end. Give him a chance to adjust to the next step up he is making, it's very early days for him yet.

One big difference being he moved to Oxford in January. Would have been coming off a full season and then off season here and moving over to a team mid way through their promotion push. He still would have been in pre season moving to Oxford.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:15pm
There are obviously reasons and we don't see the lad train everyday etc but it's not like the lads ahead of him have covered themselves in glory anytime I see Burnley play. CBs were awful today and it's not the first time that's been the case from seeing them. 

Of all players who moved this one and the lad not even being given a run is the most dissapointing. Ebosele perhaps the other one but at least in case he's still a relative teenager playing for a club flying high in one of the top top Leagues! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic