You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 35>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:42pm
I never suggested he doesn't pick his strongest team.

Lennon's like a crap SPL version of Mourinho I suppose. Never manages to stay at a club long enough for it to be worth his while developing the young lads.

Edited by You Tell Me - 02 Aug 2020 at 9:45pm
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Lennon's like a crap SPL version of Mourinho I suppose. Never manages to stay at a club long enough for it to be worth his while developing the young lads.

Van Dijk, Wanyama, Callum McGregor...….
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

In a must win game you pick your strongest team. Hamilton's style caused Celtic problems last year at Celtic Park, Scott Brown scoring in injury time for a 2-1 win. There's also the small matter of Celtic, and every other team, having a short pre-season and the first 15-16 needing game time.

Put simply; Celtic, like every other club, are going to do what is best for themselves and not to keep some lad on an Irish football forum happy!
You wanted a name PM...
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Van Dijk and Wanyama - costly (by Celtic's standards) signings from abroad, were developed by other clubs, not Lennon.

McGregor - perfect example actually, was completely ignored by Lennon during his first spell at the club, didn't play a minute of first team football during his first season as a pro. Made his debut in Deila's first game just after Lennon quit in a huff, scored the winner and never looked back.

So no x 3, basically. Though McGregor a great example for Connell of what he might be able to achieve if he can just get away from Lennon somehow.

Edited by You Tell Me - 02 Aug 2020 at 10:39pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
Sure if Connell was to make it at Celtic you could then say he was developed by another club too taking that attitude?
Wanyama was 19 when he joined Celtic and Connell 18

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Aug 2020 at 11:09pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:55pm
Legs have gone 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Legs have gone 
Has to start
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:33am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Van Dijk and Wanyama - costly (by Celtic's standards) signings from abroad, were developed by other clubs, not Lennon.

McGregor - perfect example actually, was completely ignored by Lennon during his first spell at the club, didn't play a minute of first team football during his first season as a pro. Made his debut in Deila's first game just after Lennon quit in a huff, scored the winner and never looked back.

So no x 3, basically. Though McGregor a great example for Connell of what he might be able to achieve if he can just get away from Lennon somehow.
Plenty of young lads have been given a go under Lennon. If Connell is good enough he will get a chance, as Frimpong has shown. He is 19 years of age with a handful of games for a basket case club and you think he should be getting a start in a midfield where he is about seventh choice and, I would suspect, he is aware of that and happy with it; for now at least.

McGregor was twenty when he went on loan at Notts County and had hardly a look in before it. He may have had a couple of run outs, I can't remember and it isn't important. Connell has time on his side and would be in the exact same position regardless of who the Celtic manager is. 

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 9:54am
Its more difficult to be given a chance at celtic than it would be at pretty much all other teams in the spl 

If Connell is not going to get the opportunity to show what he can do with regards to first team football at Celtic, they should give him a loan more where he can built up that experience.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:09am
I would say it is very likely that he will. Lennon is probably waiting to see what plays out in the transfer window first.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 4:20pm
According to the Celtic forums Luca is in the Bhoys squad for the CL qualifier tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 5:20pm
Named in the extended 35 man squad along with Barry Coffey. No place for Afolabi in the Celtic first 35. With so many players injured or quarantined Connell might even make the bench tonight...

Meanwhile Celtic are reportedly in for yet another central midfielder to put in front of him in the pecking order, David Turnbull from Motherwell.

Edit - he has, of course, not made the bench.

Edited by You Tell Me - 18 Aug 2020 at 6:40pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 7:25pm
Wasting his time there 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:31pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 2:16pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's gone on loan to Queen's Park.

Scottish league two? f**king hell is he really that bad
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's gone on loan to Queen's Park.

Scottish league two? f**king hell is he really that bad

Jesus. I assume it's purely for geographic reasons that he's joining them. Otherwise he may as well have just come to the League of Ireland considering it's kicking off. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 2:24pm
A couple of years ago he was training with the senior Ireland squad and probably would have picked up a cap, to tie him in like Obafemi, but for injury. Now he's going to be playing in the fourth tier of Scottish football. At least he'll be getting competitive games but for a lad who played Championship football with Bolton in his teens, it's not the sort of progress a move to Celtic should have provided.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 35>
  Share Topic