You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 35>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall to witness the sales pitch Celtic gave him before signing. I'm guessing the last couple years isn't the lip service he got.

This interview pretty much tells you all you need to know, running out in front of 60,000 people, Champions League debut, 10 in a row, Neil Lennon's winning mentality...there's so much wrong with it it's hard to know where to start.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 8:51pm
Anyone still worried we might lose this lad to England?

Southgate will be up at Queens Park
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall to witness the sales pitch Celtic gave him before signing. I'm guessing the last couple years isn't the lip service he got.

This interview pretty much tells you all you need to know, running out in front of 60,000 people, Champions League debut, 10 in a row, Neil Lennon's winning mentality...there's so much wrong with it it's hard to know where to start.

It's up to the player to play his way into the team. He's only 19 years of age with a history of injuries behind him too.

The fact that he's going to Queens Park says more about the player than anything else.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 12:01am
I don’t get this at all. Luca Connell is far better than Scottish league 2. Even in the jobs friendly he looked class. 2 years ago in the championship he was standout for a poor Bolton side . Bad bad career choice going to Celtic 
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

I don’t get this at all. Luca Connell is far better than Scottish league 2. Even in the jobs friendly he looked class. 2 years ago in the championship he was standout for a poor Bolton side . Bad bad career choice going to Celtic 

Tbf its a loan that will probably tick him over to he end of the season. He looked very promising in that pre season friendly against Hibs. 

I thought Luca might have had a chance for a couple post split games. Preferably would have liked to see him at a higher level scots championship or league of ireland.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 8:59am
Afolabi is the only one of the young Irish contingent to get a half decent loan move ( Dundee in the Scottish Championship, though not an automatic first team choice there ). Coffey is at Cliftonville in the Irish League, Connell going to fourth tier in Scotland with Queen's Park. Okoflex got a couple of first team games as a sub but his contract is up in the summer and he will surely be off. Crystal Palace tried to sign him recently but the money wasn't right for Celtic.
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Tbh hes a million miles from England under 21 quality 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

You might want to fine tune that sarcasm detector.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

f**king hell . Woosh LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 12:37pm
like so many irish recently he hasn't got a  look in at Celtic , injuries aside it hasn't really worked out for him so far , and league 2 in scotland  is not a great standard as i well know, 
royal rover
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 1:52pm
League 2 is only restarting in a week or two so they will have more games than if he went elsewhere.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 4:52pm
MOTM debut 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 4:55pm
Got MOTM today hopefully goes on a good run and shows he’s a lot better than that level. The small bits I’ve seen of him certainly suggests he should be around league one or lower championship anyway.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
I think there a good player there,  hopefully he can kick on from here
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 4:57pm

Good man Luca. That’s the way to do it.
No sulking or acting the big time Charlie. 
El Puto Amo
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:45pm
We went to a game in that league on my stag, the standard is awful, would've been better in the first division here.

Still, good to see him do well today and hopefully he makes the most out of a bad situation. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:25pm
i though Scottish leagues 1 and 2 were cancelled
Have they started back again?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 9:21pm
Started back today. The clubs have reduced the amount of games to play 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 35>
  Share Topic