You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I just find the clamour over lads nobody has seen play to be baffling. We are a strange little nation.

I think it's a case of better the devil you don't know.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Lads he's gone just accept it. A mate of mine who is very connected with his family said he is going to represent England. He should have been capped against Denmark in the nations league. Having never seen him play I can confidently say he would walk right into the England starting 11...Ireland aren't good enough for him.

I think I have covered everything
LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I just find the clamour over lads nobody has seen play to be baffling. We are a strange little nation.

I think it's a case of better the devil you don't know.
Yep! Look how our players improve drastically the less they play for us.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

I hope he commits to us, but it doesn't sound very promising here, despite the title of the article ("Luca Connell not planning to follow Declan Rice by turning his back on Ireland.")

------

“I’ve read the speculation [about England] but haven’t had any direct contact.”

For all the assurance those words provide, Rice uttered similar sentiments before being eventually being prised away by Gareth Southgate earlier this year.

I’m happy where I am at the minute,” was his response to the notion of an invitation being tabled for talks by the England manager.

“I’ll go and see what happens over next few months.”

He can fook off. It's clear he doesn't love the EIRE.  Its exactly wha Grealish's brother said on here about Union Jack.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:32pm
going to be nervy when he is let go after the training camp and the agents start talking too him 

Sounds like he wont be in the final squad no matter what he does at the camp

wait and see i suppose

getting burnt three times would be terrible 

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

getting burnt three times would be terrible

It would be braindead stuff from us if we get burned again especially when the opportunity is there to throw him on against Gibraltar.
The only way is up
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:43pm
Mick has already said he won't be capping players just for the sake of it
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:46pm
I love the way people are saying throw him on against Gibraltar, the same team only for a magnificent Randolf save we would have dropped points against. Is it more likely that we could throw him on against Denmark in stoppage time when we are two goals down. If he's not going to be in the squad he can go to Toulon or is he eligible for the u19's. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I love the way people are saying throw him on against Gibraltar, the same team only for a magnificent Randolf save we would have dropped points against. Is it more likely that we could throw him on against Denmark in stoppage time when we are two goals down. If he's not going to be in the squad he can go to Toulon or is he eligible for the u19's. 

Ah come on, it'll surely be a non contest in Dublin
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Mick has already said he won't be capping players just for the sake of it

In fairness to him, he's hardly going to go around saying he is going to cap players just to tie them down!
Here we go again
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:01pm
we shouldn’t be capping people for the sake of it and I don’t give a fuk if other countries do it 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

we shouldn’t be capping people for the sake of it and I don’t give a fuk if other countries do it 
Correct. I don’t think anybody else does it anyway.
The majority of those the Welsh have capped have proved they have potential, as well as Wales having a smaller playing pool. It certainly isn’t as flagrant as implied on here.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:21pm
I can imagine certain individuals howling with laughter at St. Georges Park at our stupidity if we don't cap him. England have shown at numerous age groups that they're willing to take on anyone, even if they aren't yet eligible!! Wales have capped guys with fewer senior appearances than Connell, and have called up players with no senior appearances at all! We are so far behind the curve it's unbelievable. We've certainly lost 1 top player in the recent past because of it, possibly 2.
We're decent enough..
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Plus wan.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:50pm
Sadly he should cap him
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:51pm
Both. Him and cullen to out a make up
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 6:47pm
To clarify, 'for the sake of it' is an idiomatic expression meaning to something that is essentially pointless, to do something 'for no particular reason': http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/for the sake of it

People are calling for Connell to be awarded a cap in the upcoming matches not for no particular reason - 'for the sake of it' -  but rather because of his talent, the form he's shown for Bolton and, by general consensus, his great potential, and to avoid the endless speculative nonsense that surrounded the will-he-won't-he Rice saga.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:23pm
Looks like a young Stan Bowles...with that lovely gruaig. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
  Share Topic