You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 35>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 7:46pm
Will get first team action before Christmas 
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Will get first team action before Christmas 

Cheers for the update Lenny.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's well down the pecking order at Celtic.

Doubt we will be seeing him play any time soon, he may make a bench appearance in the league cup.

I'd expect him to be playing in the development squad along with the other new recruits.

True, although he looks to be a bit of a baller from the bit I’ve seen of him. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 8:50pm
Whatever happned to Eoghan O Connell

He was touted as the next great Irish defender at one time ??
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 10:16pm
Was he though? He was touted a potential future international certainly (which he could still easily be as a 24 year old centre back playing in L1). 
We're decent enough..
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Was with Bury the last 2 years. Signed for Rochdale a few weeks ago and has yet to make an appearance.

Had a lot of injury setbacks after he left Celtic.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Was with Bury the last 2 years. Signed for Rochdale a few weeks ago and has yet to make an appearance.

pretty sure hes started almost every match

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

He's played in 6 league games?
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:43am
Bolton press are saying Luca is going to choose to go to Sunderland on loan.

Barnsley also interested in him.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 7:55pm
Hope today's guest-appearance is a start of something for this lad.
I just noticed the Scottish league kicks off on the weekend so hopefully he gets minutes and can get into our 21's for Sept and beyond.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 12:00am
He won't. Predictably Lennon was raving about the other central midfielder Soro after the game. Not a mention of Connell.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Bolton press are saying Luca is going to choose to go to Sunderland on loan.

Barnsley also interested in him.

Barnsley would be a great loan. they will do well next year. Eitherway all those lads need to leave Celtic quickly.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 8:55am
Could Barnsley still go down if Wigan win their appeal ? Sunderland would be the better option anyway. Bigger club, bigger support and will surely go up this time. He would do well there.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Could Barnsley still go down if Wigan win their appeal ? Sunderland would be the better option anyway. Bigger club, bigger support and will surely go up this time. He would do well there.

Wigan have no shout of winning their appeal. Barnsley will be a pretty good side next year and actually play a great brand of football. Sunderland is a headcase club in 2020
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 9:57am
The Wigan appeal is scheduled for this Friday ( 31 July ) so we'll know the outcome soon but win or lose, it's going to be an expensive exercise for them as the appellant club has to cover the legal costs for both sides. Seems very unfair but Wigan could be out of pocket by around half a million and still get relegated.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:27pm
What you mean by predictably. Is it the fact Neil Lennon seems obsessed with these fancy foreigners or the fact he was his  3m pound signing so he will want to praise him instead? Just genuinely curious as I don’t follow Scottish football a great deal. I do know that those Irish lads need to f**k off on loan to the Championship or League 1 even would be fine just get bloody rolling. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:28pm
Agreed I reckon Barnsley would be a right bet to go back up in the off chance they actually lose the appeal. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

What you mean by predictably. Is it the fact Neil Lennon seems obsessed with these fancy foreigners or the fact he was his  3m pound signing so he will want to praise him instead? Just genuinely curious as I don’t follow Scottish football a great deal. I do know that those Irish lads need to f**k off on loan to the Championship or League 1 even would be fine just get bloody rolling. 

Lennon has an agent friend with links to Israeli football. That's why you often see him bringing in players from Israel and other obscure leagues. He did the same thing at Hibs and at Celtic the first time he was there.

It's no coincidence that Lennon is praising Soro and not Connell even though Connell looked much better on Monday. Soro is Lennon's man so if Brown isn't able to play as many games this year or McGregor gets injured you can be sure that it will be Soro that gets any first team opportunity going. He needs to justify the few million he spent on him. I don't think Lennon had any direct involvement in the Connell signing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 35>
  Share Topic