You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luca Connell
    Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:37pm
Great to see this lad picked in our senior squad and that we're looking to getting some of the next generation involved.  A good step for the future:

Sponsored Links

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 7:06am
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 7:25am
We've heard it all before, unfortunately.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 8:06am
Yeah. Unfortunately now I won't be taking any interest in 2nd or 3rd gen players until they are tied to us.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:56am
Would give him game time against Gibraltar, which Mick inexplicably seems against

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:40am
Does Luca love the EIRE?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Would give him game time against Gibraltar, which Mick inexplicably seems against

How is it inexplicable? I would say it is fairly explicable. There are loads of reasons for not capping somebody for the sake of it.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:00pm
I hope he commits to us, but it doesn't sound very promising here, despite the title of the article ("Luca Connell not planning to follow Declan Rice by turning his back on Ireland.")

------

“I’ve read the speculation [about England] but haven’t had any direct contact.”

For all the assurance those words provide, Rice uttered similar sentiments before being eventually being prised away by Gareth Southgate earlier this year.

“I’m happy where I am at the minute,” was his response to the notion of an invitation being tabled for talks by the England manager.

“I’ll go and see what happens over next few months.”

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

I hope he commits to us, but it doesn't sound very promising here, despite the title of the article ("Luca Connell not planning to follow Declan Rice by turning his back on Ireland.")

------

“I’ve read the speculation [about England] but haven’t had any direct contact.”

For all the assurance those words provide, Rice uttered similar sentiments before being eventually being prised away by Gareth Southgate earlier this year.

“I’m happy where I am at the minute,” was his response to the notion of an invitation being tabled for talks by the England manager.

“I’ll go and see what happens over next few months.”

Sounds like a come and get me plea . Wouldn’t be surprised if he drops out with injury ahead of the Gibraltar game
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:18pm
Article also quotes this though

'' “I wouldn’t hold back from the chance to play for Ireland in the qualifiers because it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity,” Connell said ''

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:20pm
So if we want to get this done, he's ok with it.
He's dual, he feels both, he's ours if we chose to get it done now.
So, get it done is what we should do. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How is it inexplicable? I would say it is fairly explicable. There are loads of reasons for not capping somebody for the sake of it.

We've been bitten twice, Rice and to a lesser extent Grealish
There's nothing to say that Connell will turn out a top player, but give him 15 minutes at the end of the Gibraltar game to avoid any ifs, buts or maybes.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:29pm
15 seconds would do the trick just as thoroughly. It doesn't matter how long it is really, the reality is that we simply need to stop being stupid. Pride and stupidity are the sole reasons we've been reluctant to do this in the past with talented dual nationals, and we've paid a heavy price for it.

Edited by The O'Shea - 23 May 2019 at 2:29pm
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:29pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

We've been bitten twice, Rice and to a lesser extent Grealish
There's nothing to say that Connell will turn out a top player, but give him 15 minutes at the end of the Gibraltar game to avoid any ifs, buts or maybes.

So he should get a cap ahead of better players in the hope he might be a better player? I have never seen him play and know very little about him, I would see that  the majority on here would be the seem. If he is good enough and is a genuine talent, then he certainly should be capped, but throwing players in for the sake of it has potential to backfire terribly.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:46pm
And I'll hold my hand up and say I haven't seen him myself, but the reviews I've read have been very promising.
Based on that, and yes he could turn into another Paddy Lee or Joe Lapira, but I would put him on ahead of some of the other player if the game, as it should be, safe.
Hindsight is a great thing, but a lot are saying it should have been done with Rice against Moldova, ahead of I think it was McGeady was the last sub
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:54pm
I just find the clamour over lads nobody has seen play to be baffling. We are a strange little nation.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:00pm
Lads he's gone just accept it. A mate of mine who is very connected with his family said he is going to represent England. He should have been capped against Denmark in the nations league. Having never seen him play I can confidently say he would walk right into the England starting 11...Ireland aren't good enough for him.

I think I have covered everything
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Lads he's gone just accept it. A mate of mine who is very connected with his family said he is going to represent England. He should have been capped against Denmark in the nations league. Having never seen him play I can confidently say he would walk right into the England starting 11...Ireland aren't good enough for him.

I think I have covered everything

LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
  Share Topic