You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Louie Watson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Louie Watson
    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 1:56am
Starts Derby's first league game of the 2021-22 season, following up on his first league appearance last season.  

Bright start, but faded and taken off after 55 minutes. 

Attacking midfielder.  Only 20 and one U21 cap from March this year.  Played for England at U15 before switching to us. 

One to watch in a position we need a player to develop. 
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 3:26am
Looked quite lightweight for our U21s. Anybody seen much of him?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 11:31am
Played a few games for the Under 21s during the summer. Looked decent but not an absolute standout in those games. The current Derby situation could fall nicely for him and get him a fair amount of game time at a decent level this season, which should bring him on hopefully.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Played a few games for the Under 21s during the summer. Looked decent but not an absolute standout in those games. The current Derby situation could fall nicely for him and get him a fair amount of game time at a decent level this season, which should bring him on hopefully.

Was the best player on the pitch against Wales.
Bainneban View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bainneban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I watched the game and he was a long way from the best player on the pitch? Hopefully he develops further and pushes on this season. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 12:14pm
Impossible to tell from the televised Wales game as the camera work was so atrocious. He did not stand out for me in any of the other televised Ireland games I've seen but what do I know, the lad does seem to be highly rated.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Bainneban Bainneban wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I watched the game and he was a long way from the best player on the pitch? Hopefully he develops further and pushes on this season. 

Best player on the pitch probably not the right description to be honest but certainly did look the stand out player on the Ireland team(to me). Grantrs the stream was awful so was probably looking at some other player Smile
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Impossible to tell from the televised Wales game as the camera work was so atrocious. He did not stand out for me in any of the other televised Ireland games I've seen but what do I know, the lad does seem to be highly rated.

The camera angles were shockingly bad but I would say it was out done by the two muppets attempting commentary.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 12:55pm
That Wales game won't have revealed much between the awful coverage and the fact it was played in a wind-tunnel.
The Wales OG was hilarious tho Tongue
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:47pm
We literally didn't touch the ball between our first goal and our second goal. Never seen anything like it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:15pm
I wonder if he's related to Father Chewy Louie.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:59am
Louie played well for Derby in the League Cup last night and scored in the penalty shootout.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I wonder if he's related to Father Chewy Louie.

Father Chewy Louie didnt have any sons as he was a priest.  He had 3 daughters though. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 8:10am
Is apparently about to sign for Luton Town. Thought it would have been better for him to stick with Derby in League 1 and aim for more first team football but most Derby players are out of contract as of today so can move on if they want to.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 9:44am
Luton Town a club with a proper structure/recruitment strategy well run so this is a good move although gametime not as guaranteed.

This just makes it all the more interesting as to where Jason Knight and Cashin ends up. Derby could be ashes in an urn soon unfortunately.

Edited by kevin100 - 01 Jul 2022 at 9:45am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 9:54am
Cashin is a free agent as of today also as far as I know. Knight is one of a very small group of Derby players who still has a contract but very unlikely to stay on at Derby. Hopefully a transfer fee for him can help them to rebuild in League 1 if/when they emerge from the mess they're in.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 12:56pm

Cashin is a free agent as of today also as far as I know. Knight is one of a very small group of Derby players who still has a contract but very unlikely to stay on at Derby. Hopefully a transfer fee for him can help them to rebuild in League 1 if/when they emerge from the mess they're in.

You would think that's the idea sell him for a few quid. I do hope he doesn't stay there. Needs to move on. I'm sure he has loyalty to the club and will be told a team will be built around him etc. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 6:04pm
Became something of a forgotten man in our underage setup after he lost his place in Crawford's Under 21 squad, but he got his first start for Luton in the Championship today and seems to have done well. Would be good to see him break through at that level.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic