You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 133>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:38pm
If you do the same thing all the time your body will get use to it and then not burn as much calories.

You need to mix it up a bit,
I would advise to get a program off one of the instructors or get one of your mates to come along.
No better way to motivate yourself when your competing against your mate.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:44pm
There was this author of a alternative weight loss book on Tom Dunne teh other day. He said if you have a cold shower/bath first thing in the morning as a good tip. When the body is cold your metabolic rates speed up hugely. He said just by doing that, people have lost a good proportion of weight.

Also he said dont eat breakfast, instead have two black coffees!

Also blow up balloons as means of excercise. htere is an article about it here!

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Black Knee Stevie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Knee Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 2:52pm
My problem is gaining weight. Whats the best stuff to take? 

Any of yiz take any pre workout stims like Jack3d, 1MR, HyperFX? Jaysus they blow the head off ya ( and leave ya with a dick that could kango through a wall), but they also speed up your metabolism and make ya lose weight 

Edited by Black Knee Stevie - 10 Jul 2012 at 2:56pm
It is not just a simple game, it is a weapon of the revolution
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:07pm
Losing weight is entirely mental....

Disipline to train
disipline to diet
discipline to keep the routine......

All mental....if you want it bad enough...
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:11pm
I was the same till I started doing the classes in the gym about 2-3 years ago. I found them to be the best way of loosing weight, spinning, boxercise.. there is a new thing that a few mates I know did called hot yoga, it is meant to be very intense. its just basically streching but in the most intense heat. It sounds girly but I know  a few lads who cant even last 10 mins in the class.

I always found doing an intense 20-30 mins session is far better than running on a treadmill for an hour.
Read it 3 times before posting
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Black Knee Stevie Black Knee Stevie wrote:

My problem is gaining weight. Whats the best stuff to take? 

Any of yiz take any pre workout stims like Jack3d , 1MR, HyperFX? Jaysus they blow the head off ya ( and leave ya with a dick that could kango through a wall), but they also speed up your metabolism and make ya lose weight 

Had to stop taking it. Used to hit the gym at 7ish after work in the evening and its incredible stuff for in the gym, it leaves ya shaking til about 2am after.

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 6:13pm
Took No Xplode a few times and it was like taking whizz. No thanks. I don't like feeling like my heart is gonna jump outta my chest cavity 4 hours after a workout.Confused
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 10:32pm
Poland = beer and fast food has put me about a stone and a half over weight, first night of pre season was not good tonight.Dead
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Poland = beer and fast food has put me about a stone and a half over weight, first night of pre season was not good tonight.Dead

Think I managed to Loose weight
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

i lost weight in poland too
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:26pm

Fair play I bloody didnt Unhappy
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:57pm

I lost a sh*t load of weight by eating only once a day.No conscious choice or anything just don't eat much when drinking.I was on a major month long piss up in Canada last summer and lost more than a stone in the same way.Very unhealthy and put in back on straight awayCry
Trying to keep the weight down by swimming every few days and just not eating junk since i came back,seems to be working.

Bandwagonboyo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagonboyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

People always go about losing weight the wrong way
Contrary to popular belief, running is not the best way

A quick, 20 minute weights programme every day is the best way. Low weights, plenty of reps and fuk all breaks.

Combine that with a healthy diet. Carbs before workout, protein afterwards.

Don't ignore cardio exercises however, but place moree emphasis on the weights programme

Exactly this. Got married last year and went from 14 and a half stone to under 12 in four months by keeping to a very similar program. Swapped the beer for vodka
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:09pm
Lost about a stone about a year and a half ago by eating every two hours in really small amounts. Obviously the food I was eating was healthy. I also stayed away from drink for about a month. I am going to do it again in a few weeks so I can lose weight before an operation I have to have as ill be out of action for a good while after it and ill prob pile on the weight. I am also giving up cigarettes so ill really have to be good with my diet then. I exercised everyday for for an hour for 2 weeks with my friend that is a personal trainer when I was on this diet and lost about 10 pounds in those two weeks and the rest of the weight in the weeks following it. Its the best diet ever imo as you are never starving and you dont have to cut out a massive amount of food either. 
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:11pm
Slimming World, if you wanna lose weight Thumbs Up
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Lost about a stone about a year and a half ago by eating every two hours in really small amounts. Obviously the food I was eating was healthy. I also stayed away from drink for about a month. I am going to do it again in a few weeks so I can lose weight before an operation I have to have as ill be out of action for a good while after it and ill prob pile on the weight. I am also giving up cigarettes so ill really have to be good with my diet then. I exercised everyday for for an hour for 2 weeks with my friend that is a personal trainer when I was on this diet and lost about 10 pounds in those two weeks and the rest of the weight in the weeks following it. Its the best diet ever imo as you are never starving and you dont have to cut out a massive amount of food either. 

Are you still not off the smokes? LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:22pm
I train about 3 or 4 times a week and get my routine changed every 6 weeks, I would get bored doing the same thing all the time.

I also take CLAs, BCAAs, Green Tea tablets and L-Carnitine (all for recovery and weight loss)

There is some really good information and motivation on bodybuilding.com
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Are you still not off the smokes? LOL

Unfortunately not but I have to now, no choice. I put on a stone the last time I gave them up but obviously giving them up is the better option than having a bit of weight on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 133>
  Share Topic