You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 133>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:11am
With races all postponed I've just set up a challenge on Runkeeper of running 400km by the end of August. Need something to keep me motivated.

Plan is to get out of work early, get a run in and then sit back and enjoy some water, hops, barley & yeast.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I got injured doing a Joe Wicks 15 minute work outLOL

El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

You need to get out more PM.

Might help with ya lose weight in the process. 
I'm just heading out to fill my lungs with 78% nitrogen,  or as you may know it; air. I'm just finishing boiling the h20, commonly known as water,  for the tea. LOL
LOLClap coyner having a mare LOL
He was dur one, it had been at least two days.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 12:54pm
Still going on ya fruitloop!

I know people have alot of spare time nowadays but it doesn’t apply to you, ye took the piss beforehand 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:04pm

Still going on ya fruitloop!

I know people have alot of spare time nowadays but it doesn’t apply to you, ye took the piss beforehand 
LOLLOL
You are coming off really well out of this one. Have ya figured out the bank holiday yet?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:08pm
I’m not the obsessed one. 

You’re apparently 37 ffs and you go on like this ffs. 

Probably stuck in someones basement also.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:15pm

I’m not the obsessed one. 

You’re apparently 37 ffs and you go on like this ffs. 

Probably stuck in someones basement also.
LOLLOLLOL
How can you get so triggered on a football forum?  Calm down. I'm not going on like anything! It's harmless fun on a trivial medium. 
I laughed at something you said and because you can only be funny unintentionally, you got all upset and are still getting upset, although I really don't know why.
Go out and get some of that 78% nitrogen I was talking about and breath it in slowly. 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:46pm
Who could have thought loosing weight could be fun LOL  it must be the altitude training kicking in LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 2:04pm
I would advise coyner to take a long walk and calm down 
AKA pedantic kunt
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 5:42pm
Had signed up to the limerick marathon which was due to be this weekend. With that being postponed and picking up a slight injury at the end of Feb I'd lost all motivation. Weighed myself and I'd put on 3 quarters of a stone since I've stopped. Back training again the past 2 weeks. Supposed to be doing the Dublin marathon in October so hopefully that's still going ahead. 

Got a garmin at the start of the year. If you're running with a purpose they're good for keeping track. 
I used to use Nike run club app on the phone. Found that good for splits and history but once or twice the gps was all over the place. Also using map on the phone and music really drains the battery. Annoying when you're out on a long run and the battery dies at 21k and you're still miles from home. 

The dark side.. And the light
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 10:38pm
Have ran 72 miles since this lockdown started over 18 runs.
Haven't done any other exercise and have been eating poorly with chocolate/crisps/biscuits most nights, so would be surprised if I haven't put on weight.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Supposed to be doing the Dublin marathon in October so hopefully that's still going ahead. 

same here. Can't see it going ahead. 30,000 people on the streets together plus an awful lot more spectators. not a hope.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 7:26am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I picked up a knock running about a month ago and it's not improving much so I've been limited to body weight exercise in the house or garden. What's working best is getting up and doing the workout in the morning before work and breakfast. Once the day starts, its harder to make time and then the general "can't be arsed" feeling sets in later in the evening. I'm reasonably content that I'm just maintaining my weight level. I do miss the routine of having football training sessions that are set in stone twice a week with the game on Saturday. 

I've organised a weekly Zoom HIIT session for my team which have gone pretty well so far. It's decent for motivation but it's not the same without the bit of craic in the dressing room. 
There's no chance that this season will be completed at junior level so some lads have lost interest understandably. 

Doing the same twice a week with our team. As you said, it's excellent for motivation because it can be very difficult to train by yourself, especially in the evenings.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 8:17am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I've organised a weekly Zoom HIIT session for my team which have gone pretty well so far. It's decent for motivation but it's not the same without the bit of craic in the dressing room. 
There's no chance that this season will be completed at junior level so some lads have lost interest understandably.

Doing the same twice a week with our team. As you said, it's excellent for motivation because it can be very difficult to train by yourself, especially in the evenings.
What sort of stuff ye doing via zoom? Everyone in their living room doing pushups and burpees?

Edited by Shedite - 03 May 2020 at 8:18am
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 10:14am

I have a 40 mins program consisting of:
- 5 min dynamic warm up 

- 3 x sets of exercise. 

- each set is a 9 min workout with a 1 min rest at the end. That’s comprised of 9 separate drills which the lads do flat out for 40 seconds and then break for 20 seconds.

- You can mix the drills up but they are generally push ups, mountain climbers, burpees, squats or jump squats, variations on types of sit ups or ab work, planks, 3 yard shuttle runs, knee pumps and river jumps. 

Warm down 
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 10:35am
Our format changes each week but similar ideas, mainly whole body workouts consisting of a lot of what MCH has said there.

As for the motivation thing, I had 2 heavy sessions last Thursday and Friday, so would not have exercised at all on the Sunday if it hadn't been for that zoom session. So definitely a worthwhile idea, even amongst a group of mates.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:03am
Down around 4lbs in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Very happy as it is mainly just diet and walking. And i won't eat after 8 o'clock. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 1:42pm
How much is a Garmin 235 forerunner worth? Have one here and it has been used once. Might try flog online if anybody has an idea of asking price? Box and all. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 133>
  Share Topic