You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 1:23pm
Can count on one hand the number of times I've run for the tube. Mainly because I'm lazy, but also because as you say, there's always another one in a few minutes. Unless it's the last one, in which case leg it because you're f**ked if you miss it.

Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 2:00pm
here  a long time , never ran for a tube unless it was the lastone of the night
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Surprised there wasnt a thread on London already but thats besides the point

After 5 months on the dole here with farcical job offers in and around Meath and Dublin.

I am outta here, flying out on Tuesday Evening

No Panic tho as Ive already Booked me return flights for the Scotland and England games,,and the fans games

Have been mining and tunnelling the last 7 years so im hopeful of getting something on the London underground expansion or construction related. Spent the last 2 months changing my Irish cards over to CSCS tickets (Money Racket IMO) but it had to be done.

Good luck. Great town and plenty of work on the tracks with big money to be made, especially if you don't mind working nights. I don't mind sending you on a contact in that game if you're having no luck... PM me if needed.

would stay out north or west if i was you (head north west if in doubt), especially when you first land. city workers tend to head south (clapham etc), head bangers and hipsters head east. 

Edited by londonirish - 11 May 2015 at 2:24pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

After 5 months on the dole here with farcical job offers in and around Meath and Dublin.

No Panic tho as Ive already Booked me return flights for the Scotland and England games,,and the fans games

Have been mining and tunnelling the last 7 years so im hopeful of getting something on the London underground expansion or construction related. Spent the last 2 months changing my Irish cards over to CSCS tickets (Money Racket IMO) but it had to be done.

Good luck. Great town and plenty of work on the tracks with big money to be made, especially if you don't mind working nights. I don't mind sending you on a contact in that game if you're having no luck... PM me if needed.

would stay out north or west if i was you (head north west if in doubt), especially when you first land. city workers tend to head south (clapham etc), head bangers and hipsters head east. 

Ok LI i just have to ask , what's happens in the middle ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Ok LI i just have to ask , what's happens in the middle ?

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Here 15 years this June ...if it wasn't for the young family would probably stay forever. but this time next years I will be on sounthern hemisphere time , watching Spurs at 4 am on a Sunday morning .

Will miss lots about the london , the pace, the football , going out to eat whatever you want, the diversity  ....always something worth doing . Whats the saying " when you are tired of London you are tired of life " or something ....can safely say its not the reason for leaving .

London rocks 

In the top 5 things wrong with London, Australians would have to be mentioned. You want to move to a country full of the bastards?
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:56pm
I loved living in London, but it's not a great place to bring up a family unless you can afford to live in a posh area, so I came back. I can't understand why young fellas here would sit around waiting for work when this enormous city only an hour or so away, always has opportunities. 

I lived there for a while in the 80's. I worked for a freight company so I didn't find the pace of things much different to living in Dublin city. Life is always fast in freight companies.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 3:59pm
I would say you get very busy at Halloween?
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Here 15 years this June ...if it wasn't for the young family would probably stay forever. but this time next years I will be on sounthern hemisphere time , watching Spurs at 4 am on a Sunday morning .

Will miss lots about the london , the pace, the football , going out to eat whatever you want, the diversity  ....always something worth doing . Whats the saying " when you are tired of London you are tired of life " or something ....can safely say its not the reason for leaving .

London rocks 

In the top 5 things wrong with London, Australians would have to be mentioned. You want to move to a country full of the bastards?

you mean like my wife?Ouch
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:50pm
You married an Ozzie and you follow Spurs? You into whips and chains as well?
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You married an Ozzie and you follow Spurs? You into whips and chains as well?

you supposedly into humour ?Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:19pm
Well we had established that you are not
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 7:11pm
Have worked in London the last 7 years and wouldn't be a fan of the place, a lot of very unfriendly people who have no interest in making conversation whatsoever, one thing I will say is the standard of driving is excellent as in ireland you can get away with things on the road but in London they are to sharp!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 11 May 2015 at 7:11pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Moved here after just turning 20 initially after 16 months in Southampton and Bournemouth before that. Couldn't wait to get out of there i personally love Londo  the hustle and bustle of the place.
Lived in Harrow to start and now Brentford, thinking of moving to Uxbridge next year if i don't get an offer from Aer to head home. I've been here coming 5 years and its flew in! 

Love it here, but defiantly heading home to settle down hopefully in a few years Thumbs Up

Defiantly what are you going to do move home with one arm raised and waving a flag or something :)

what?Confused
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Have worked in London the last 7 years and wouldn't be a fan of the place, a lot of very unfriendly people who have no interest in making conversation whatsoever, one thing I will say is the standard of driving is excellent as in ireland you can get away with things on the road but in London they are to sharp!

7 years in London and the one thing you will say is the "standard of driving is excellent".

I fear you have just wasted 7 years of your life.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:34am

7 years in London and the one thing you will say is the "standard of driving is excellent".

LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:46am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

LOL

I was thinking the same ...wtf man.

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:50am

7 years in London and the <span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">one thing you will say is the "standard of driving is excellent".</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I fear you have just wasted 7 years of your life.</span>
haha! You could say i wasted 7 years in London as all i ever done there was sleep really, i would drive to London through the night and then go to a hotel and sleep all day so the thing for me that sticks out is good driving and very enthusiastic hotel staff who will go to great lengths to give you a free newspaper!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 12 May 2015 at 11:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
  Share Topic