You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

London Tower Block fire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:27pm
68 residents are being moved into a 2billion pound apartment complex
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:24am
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 12:53pm
There was a load of checks done by the council and it was passed off ok. But as was pointed out it would be very difficult to look at the cladding and say it was flammable or unflammable, so it's gonna come down to who approved the purchase of the cladding that's not meant to be used on buidlings above a certain height. Are the builders or architects repsonsible for using that cladding? 

Now all the residents complaints about the building and it's fire issues are a separate matter all together. I'd imagine that they weren't even aware of the cladding that was used. 

One final thing the council spent £10million, which is £83,000 per apartment, so they can not be accused of spending neglect, but was it just they refused to listen to anything the residents were saying and just went about it with the attitude of 'shut up we no best'?? 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:57am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:20pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRtKGjJ8Yc

Edited by pre Madonna - 30 Jun 2017 at 4:20pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRtKGjJ8Yc

Tried putting a court injunction earlier in the morning to stop them attending. The man is pure scum.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:37pm
What a tramp
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:43pm
Just resigned as council leader. Pressure must have been put on from No.10 they weren't happy with his antics last night
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:49pm
Great to here, he can't escape justice, I hope.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:58pm

I hear you.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I hear you.

We here you PM
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:28pm

I hear you.

I hear PM as well
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 7:04pm
Hear Hear for PM
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 7:19pm
Ignore them PM, were hear for you.
The dark side.. And the light
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 8:11pm
Just watching the report on C4 news on the enquiry's findings. I'm no engineer but the amount of combustible/flammable materials & cladding used in the renovation of the building in 2016 seems to be crazy. 

Are they just cheaper materials to use in in construction/renovations of buildings? 

Edited by irishmufc - 04 Jun 2018 at 8:11pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Just watching the report on C4 news on the enquiry's findings. I'm no engineer but the amount of combustible/flammable materials & cladding used in the renovation of the building in 2016 seems to be crazy. 

Are they just cheaper materials to use in in construction/renovations of buildings? 
No, the more combustible/flammable materials are much more expensive. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:10pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

No, the more combustible/flammable materials are much more expensive. 
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 9:47pm
Documentary about this on BBC 1 currently. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic