You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

London Tower Block fire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London Tower Block fire
    Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 7:56am
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/fatalities-confirmed-as-crews-battle-unprecedented-blaze-at-high-rise-london-tower-block-35824224.html

Number of fatalities and 30 injured in hospital

Pictures are fookin terrifying. 200 firefighters and 40 fire engines were at the scene.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 8:00am
Horrible horrible scenes. I just passed ravenscourt park on the district line and could see the smoke billowing from the building a few miles away. I just hope it was quick and painless for the victims.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 8:28am
jesus thats absolutely frightening... Some inferno
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:21am
spent half the night watching the f00ker burn. never seen anything like it before. there is going to be a horrific casualty list from this. 

the block has 400-500 people, probably a load more not registered too and no alarm went off by all accounts. 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:21am
its horrible and really scary.

up there with being knifed to death with a vile way to go.

seems it spread upwards via the external cladding

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:43am
there will be a few nervous people over at the KCTMO (Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation) today...

The Grenfell Action Group predict that it won’t be long before the words of this blog come back to haunt the KCTMO management and we will do everything in our power to ensure that those in authority know how long and how appallingly our landlord has ignored their responsibility to ensure the heath and safety of their tenants and leaseholders. They can’t say that they haven’t been warned!

Edited by randyrandolph - 14 Jun 2017 at 10:44am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:48am
Some serious questions will be asked in time - Hard to imagine how something like this can happen in this day and age.
In the meantime, you're heart has to go out to all of those affected by this. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Some serious questions will be asked in time - Hard to imagine how something like this can happen in this day and age.
In the meantime, you're heart has to go out to all of those affected by this. 

Big time. How did the fire spread throughout the building so quickly? Apparently it was only renovated last year - they spent millions doing it up. Very sad situation in any event.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:12am
Shocking incident. Dread to think of the number of casualties
Some people just deserve a slap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:13am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:22am
6 fatalities confirmed by the Met. Met expect it to rise further

Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:49am

Labour tried to pass a law last year that would require landlords to make their properties safe and fit for human habitation, but it was rejected by the Tories by 312 votes to 219. Funny enough (not really), 72 of those Tory MPs who rejected it were landlords..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-vote-down-law-requiring-landlords-make-their-homes-fit-for-human-habitation-a6809691.html

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
There is a quote from the residents association where he said 90% of the residents signed a petition wanting an inquiry into how the building was been run, but the council turned it down. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:52pm
Absolutely horrible scenes, they will be doing well if the fatalities are below treble figures, and it will be months before some are identified. It does seem various levels of officialdom right up to the government have a lot to answer for here. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:40pm
May visited the scene and only met with the officals and firefighters. Corbyn visited a few hours later a met with everyone locals,officials,firefighters etc.. showing May up once again

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

May visited the scene and only met with the officals and firefighters. Corbyn visited a few hours later a met with everyone locals,officials,firefighters etc.. showing May up once again

may is fully aware that a whole world of sh1t is going to open up over this, especially once the actual casualty figure comes out which could easily be over 100. i would expect to see massive public anger on the streets.

72 tory mps voted AGAINST a motion last year to make all homes "fit for human habitation" - many of whom were landlords. they are up to the necks in this. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I always feel uncomfortable making something like this political, even if their appears to be some government responsibility. Not that I am saying Corbyn or May are, I just get the feeling the media are and I find it distasteful, especially when the death toll is still rising and will continue to do so.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:49pm
I don't think neither are and I don't think the Press would/should have to make a deal of it,surely to f**k her PR team could see the bad optics of her not meeting locals when it's a given that Corbyn is likely to

Edited by Denis Irwin - 15 Jun 2017 at 1:49pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic