You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI Weekly podcast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOI Weekly podcast
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:53am

Is anyone listening to LOI weekly online? Dan McDonnell and Jonny Ward are hosting it and have players and coaches on as guests every week. 

The latest one with Ger O'Brien speaking about underage football is pretty good. 

Brian Kerr was excellent when he was on a few weeks back. 

It's well worth a listen anyway lads. Check it out. 

https://twitter.com/loiweekly?lang=en
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:40am
Yeah, listen to it most weeks. Very good insight, and great guests. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:39pm
Listen to it every week, our own MariborKev was talked about for a good 2/3 minutes last week in glowing terms
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:52pm
Yes and now anyone who listens knows how he got the nickname
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Yes and now anyone who listens knows how he got the nickname
Yer he said before he went to Maribor for a European game with Derry and it just stuck .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:14pm
Just listened to this for the first time after reading only good things and really enjoyed it. Ger O'Brien is, accent aside, a very interesting and honest fella and Ollie Horgan should have his own television show. I know for a fact that I would watch a chat show presented by Ollie Horgan over one presented by Tubridy, Darcy or Miriam any day of the week.
Excellent to have something like this and that isn't sh*t! I would suggest the producers of Soccer Republic take note of a few things.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Just listened to this for the first time after reading only good things and really enjoyed it. Ger O'Brien is, accent aside, a very interesting and honest fella and Ollie Horgan should have his own television show. I know for a fact that I would watch a chat show presented by Ollie Horgan over one presented by Tubridy, Darcy or Miriam any day of the week.
Excellent to have something like this and that isn't sh*t! I would suggest the producers of Soccer Republic take note of a few things.

I'd agree with all that. Check out the Brian Kerr episode, he was on form and had some good points to make. 

Ger O'B was on our charter trip to Bosnia and I burnt the ears off the poor chap. He was very patient and friendly considering he was dealing with a drunken adult version of Dennis the Menace peppering him with questions and making wild assertions. 

El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'd agree with all that. Check out the Brian Kerr episode, he was on form and had some good points to make. 

Ger O'B was on our charter trip to Bosnia and I burnt the ears off the poor chap. He was very patient and friendly considering he was dealing with a drunken adult version of Dennis the Menace peppering him with questions and making wild assertions. 

I will go through a few of them when playing FM. I always enjoy Kerr, even when he is wrong. I always reckoned Kerr would have been a great Uncle.

I am sure Ger, being a Dub himself, is well used to that carry-on.LOL
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:07pm
Very good podcast. Needed a good LOI podcast since Second Captains won't touch the league, unless there's a scandal. Getting very good guests too, the LOI world isn't that big so it can't be long before they get President Higgins on the phone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic