You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

What happened to Dundalk recently (losing their best players) is happening to Cork now.

We're well used to it unfortunately, it didnt even stop when we were 1st Division and Cummins got nabbed. Im sure we'll find someone else for next season but I doubt we'll ever see the likes of Maguire again. O'Connor on the other hand is very replaceable and I reckon Griffin might be a better player from what Iv seen. 
Sponsored Links

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:19pm
Rovers 1-0 down, 16 minutes gone

Edited by GUFC_Andy - 20 Jul 2017 at 5:19pm
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

You'd have thought last year's Dundalk team with Boyle, Horgan and Finnish would have won that tie.

They'll be frustrated but you have to credit Kenny for the way they still try and play football. They do need a new keeper and a better centre half. Dunno what the Dundalk fans who see then week in and week out think but the couple of times I've seen Barret I've been impressed with him. Gartand I'm afraid isn't up to this level, despite the goal he got yesterday

Having seen Barrett quite a bit in Galway and a few times since, I would say he isn't the solution at that level. Decent at LOI level but would be exposed by quicker players. He's cumbersome on the turn. Dundalk fans would know better if he's improving though.

Barrett is very similar to Gartland, a solid LOI defender, he impressed last year when he had a run of games but that was along side Boyle.

He had a chance this year and didn't take it, in fainess we had a lot of changing about with our CB's this year before kenny Settled on Vemmulund and Gartland, Hoare hasn't impressed at all.

Gutted about last night, so many missed chances over the two legs, also missed chances last season which cost us a seeding this year, only one seed didn't get through!!

Will be hard to get the team up for the rest of the season now i would imagine with little to play for in the league.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:48pm
They look alright going forward, but the defending has been catastrophic.

I have a weirdly good feeling, based on little more than hope and optimism, that Maguire is going to sign off in style tonight..............
dannynorth View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:56pm
Does he have a league game left for them,come on cork , hate to see all Irish representative gone this early, depressing especially after last years good showing
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:26pm
No Bray was his last game in the league for Cork. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by dannynorth dannynorth wrote:

Does he have a league game left for them,come on cork , hate to see all Irish representative gone this early, depressing especially after last years good showing
No, this is his last game.

Some of the passing and decision making in the final third has been very poor again, like Dundalk last night. At least we have created a chance though.

Damian Lynch should have considered mime as a career, he is cutting through my headache.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:29pm
Any links for the Cork game?
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:31pm
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:37pm
cheers. just in time for the goal!  
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:54pm
This really is quite easy for them again, it is disappointing how far away we are.
dannynorth View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:59pm
This possesion based Spanish influenced football in that rotton dead heat, doesn't suit Irish sides , getting nowhere chasing shadows they needed to win the home leg ,creating nothing really either ,looks to be another disappointing European campaign for the Irish
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 7:05pm
Get Campion and Sheppard on and go more direct, we aren't going to out pass them. Try and get Maguire winning second balls and hoping for the best.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 9:19pm
Very disappointing result, we simply didn't do enough across both legs to deserve a win. It seems sloppy defending cost both ourselves and Dundalk places in the next rounds, which makes everything all the more frustrating.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Very disappointing result, we simply didn't do enough across both legs to deserve a win. It seems sloppy defending cost both ourselves and Dundalk places in the next rounds, which makes everything all the more frustrating.
Nonsense, it was men against boys tonight. A professional and at times cynical performance, but they cruised through without ever really being tested. We could play 7 or 8 games against them and never score.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:08pm
Done and dusted for another year.back to the bread and butter of our own little world. Derry got hammered. Cork and rovers got through first round which was good. Dundalk who raised the bar last season had the chances to advance. So are we any nearer having club's win 2 and 3 rounds in Europe?
alive and kicking
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:32pm
Your being too harsh lads. There wasn't a whole lot between them tonight despite the difference in money.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:55am
At least the players enjoyed themselves in ayia napa last night

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
  Share Topic