You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 95969798>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Has summer football caught up with them? Haven't been great in the last 2 games,since the league finished

I've a feeling that the season being over and the lack of full match fitness hurt them. Their two worst performances by far came after the league season ended.
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:32pm
Was thinking the same thing BSM. The domestic season ending must have impacted somehow .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:38pm
Time to bring back winter football so, I don't think it was envisaged that our teams would still be in Europe at this time of the year LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:44pm
Southampton is an example of bottling it.......
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Has summer football caught up with them? Haven't been great in the last 2 games,since the league finished

I've a feeling that the season being over and the lack of full match fitness hurt them. Their two worst performances by far came after the league season ended.
Yep spot on with the summer football quote
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 7:56am
Looked nothing like the CL qualifiers against Legia and their first game against AZ.
Still, not a bad harvest from the EL. Though I really think they could've had a chance to advance on had they kept their initial form.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 7:56am
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Gary Rogers is such a poor keeper ffs
can't believe he got called up. He's woeful
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:12am
Think its time to acknowledge a great team that have done the league and Irish football proud. Great stuff this year and s huge achievement
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:44am
Yeah echo that Tom - incredible achievement getting 4 points and losing the other games to the tightest of margins, going to places like Russia and Israel and scoring.

Dundalk Clap
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 9:08am
If Dundalk got to the final and lost on penalties there'd be people on here criticising them
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 10:56am

The other side to that is that summer football helped their European cause. Dundalk were half way through a season during European qualifying when other teams seasons hadn't even started.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 09 Dec 2016 at 10:57am
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 11:04am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

The other side to that is that summer football helped their European cause. Dundalk were half way through a season during European qualifying when other teams seasons hadn't even started.

As were FH and BATE. I think it was Madferret who suggested the league should start on Paddy's and run to around now. Always thought that was a good idea. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Think its time to acknowledge a great team that have done the league and Irish football proud. Great stuff this year and s huge achievement

Spot on. 

Clap

ybigeejit View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybigeejit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Spot on! 100%. Hopefully they and other clubs continue to improve our fortunes in Europe in the coming years. Well done Dundalk
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 11:57am
Dundalk done well in the grand scheme of things particularly to retain the league. 4 points from the EL is a nice few shillings in the coffers. Will be the team to beat again next season I'd imagine unless they get a hangover from this years exploits.
Don't think they'll too happy to have lost final 4 games of season tho.

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:18am
Think they have lost 5 of their last 7 games - only a blip dumdalk , only a blip . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 6:00pm
If you take off the LOI glasses for a moment, the fact still remains that a team second in their group needing only 2 draws to progress to the last 16 of the competition ballsed in up and lost both games and ended up finishing last. If that had been Klopp, Mourinho or O'Neill they'd be looking for a new job.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

If you take off the LOI glasses for a moment, the fact still remains that a team second in their group needing only 2 draws to progress to the last 16 of the competition ballsed in up and lost both games and ended up finishing last. If that had been Klopp, Mourinho or O'Neill they'd be looking for a new job.

Exactly the same thing alright
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 95969798>
  Share Topic