You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14371438143914401441 1455>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:06pm
Borussia, I don't know what else you want me to say here so I'l just come out with it and I can't stress this enough..

I couldn't give one flying f*ck about Liverpool fans not getting into a ground in Paris. If I was there would I give a f*ck? Yes. If it happened to me would I give a f*ck about some random fella sitting in Ireland with no affiliation to my club/city etc feels about it? No. And I wouldn't expect him to either.

If anyone has someone close to them that had a bad time like Danger said, then that's understandably not a nice situation.

I'm not talking about past events that were actual tragedies and I'm not gonna sit here and be lectured on an Irish football forum by some random fella about how I should feel about the matter, regardless of how that makes me look to some people. I'm just being honest about it.
Sponsored Links

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Was there anything in that independent report to explain why Liverpool fans didn't have enough seats so ended up blocking all the stairs down their end?

It's all here:

Jesus Christ I had a good read of that and it's a f**king disgrace and a miracle that nobody was killed. UEFA, French coppers, FFF, SNCF and the various cowboy security contractors very lucky not to have blood on their hands. One Madrid fan testimony is f**king harrowing there about the crush coming out of the metro station.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Borussia, I don't know what else you want me to say here so I'l just come out with it and I can't stress this enough..

I couldn't give one flying f*ck about Liverpool fans not getting into a ground in Paris. If I was there would I give a f*ck? Yes. If it happened to me would I give a f*ck about some random fella sitting in Ireland with no affiliation to my club/city etc feels about it? No. And I wouldn't expect him to either.

If anyone has someone close to them that had a bad time like Danger said, then that's understandably not a nice situation.

I'm not talking about past events that were actual tragedies and I'm not gonna sit here and be lectured on an Irish football forum by some random fella about how I should feel about the matter, regardless of how that makes me look to some people. I'm just being honest about it.

Have a read of the report Badgers, there is enough in there to make any human angry. It makes it very clear that it's blind luck that there wasn't a few hundred killed.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 1:33pm
Bobby Firmino leaving after 8 years.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bobby Firmino leaving after 8 years.

Been a fantastic player over those 8 years, some great goals and some great moments. 
Seems the right time to move on. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 1:55pm
Adeus Senor - Brilliant footballer and central to LFC's renaissance in recent years. Will miss him and his no look nutmegs! Probably the right time for him to move on, but will always be remembered as a true legend at the club. Re-defined the false 9 position!
Idah Dream!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Adeus Senor - Brilliant footballer and central to LFC's renaissance in recent years. Will miss him and his no look nutmegs! Probably the right time for him to move on, but will always be remembered as a true legend at the club. Re-defined the false 9 position!

Certainly did in terms of how Liverpool teams play.
Hope he gets a few minutes on Sunday so we can start to show our appreciation.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 2:56pm

Aye he's not the kind of guy who will coast for the rest of the season, I expect him to continue to get decent minutes and give 100% as always.  It will give the atmosphere a big lift on Sunday if/when he is introduced.
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 10:09am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

So you think he should be sacked?

Reading back through your posts you sound and come across like a child.

Oh it's obvious he should be sacked. 

I really really hope he isn't though. This is all way too amusing. 

Do you still think he should be sacked?

Currently in 5th position with a game in hand and most of the players returning from injury and their form is coming back.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 10:18am

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

So you think he should be sacked?

Reading back through your posts you sound and come across like a child.

Oh it's obvious he should be sacked. 

I really really hope he isn't though. This is all way too amusing. 

Do you still think he should be sacked?

Currently in 5th position with a game in hand and most of the players returning from injury and their form is coming back.
I think 3rd place could be within reach tbh, some big fixtures coming up but Liverpool will be seen as underdogs in a few of those fixtures and they play a lot better as underdogs.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 11:08am
Liverpool still in the middle of a rebuild. I fancy them to finish 4th but even if they didn't, and struggled again next season, I would still want to keep Klopp if I supported them. Very hard to rebuild a successful side and still compete.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 11:14am
They will finish fourth but yesterdays result shouldn’t paper over the cracks of how poor they have been this season.

Would love for Klopp to walk at the end of the season but that won’t happen unfortunately.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 11:17am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

They will finish fourth but yesterdays result shouldn’t paper over the cracks of how poor they have been this season.

Would love for Klopp to walk at the end of the season but that won’t happen unfortunately.

Really? Who would want to replace him? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Really? Who would want to replace him? 

I don’t like Liverpool that’s why I want him to leave.

Reckon they would struggle without him.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 11:30am
Ah right, I'm the same, would be delighted if he left. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 3:46pm
That was enjoyable and Klopp is going nowhere any time soon. Seven Nil, oh my days!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 3:48pm

Aye he's not the kind of guy who will coast for the rest of the season, I expect him to continue to get decent minutes and give 100% as always.  It will give the atmosphere a big lift on Sunday if/when he is introduced.

Bobby's goal was the icing on the incredibly large and very sweet cake! Smile
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 3:56pm
Lads if you’s want Firmino to stay you could always send a few emails to the club stating your position I’m sure they’ll listen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14371438143914401441 1455>
  Share Topic