You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14281429143014311432 1455>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It’s mad not only have the team lost legs in midfield but their supporters have all lost access to the internet and their phones.  

You mean we are very quiet?

I could see the writing on the wall a couple of month now and have said so, this is a transition year. Get out of the season with CL qualification and that will be good enough.
Very like the season 2 years ago where Liverpool were lucky to scrape into the top 4 after a fantastic run at the end of the season (that included a 95th minute from Alisson in one game proving decisive).

The midfield is just not good enough and night and day from the high energy  running game from previous years.
Unfortunately, Harvey Elliot and Carvalho are also not good enough.

The purse strings needed to be loosened in the summer to avoid getting into the situation of really dropping back further away from City. Bellington would be a top saving but he might have second thoughts if Liverpool don't get CL next season. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Oct 2022 at 11:12am
Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 11:38am

It’s mad not only have the team lost legs in midfield but their supporters have all lost access to the internet and their phones.  

You are normally full of sh*te Baldy but that gave me a laugh LOL
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 12:01pm
To me, it just looks like they have gone a bit stale. The Nunez signing was great, but there seems to be still a lot of reliance on the players that brought them success between the CL and the PL in 2019 and 2020. I’m no expert, but I feel teams have a ‘shelf life’ and generally it is in three year cycles. Ferguson used try to evolve his Man U team at that rate, especially post 1992/1993, and did so on an ongoing basis. Yesterday two of their three subs were Henderson and Milner who have been there forever.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 12:50pm
Last weekend they lost to the team bottom of the table, this weekend lost yo the the team in second bottom place....going to be a big ask to get into the euromillions land of the top 4 at this rate. I wonder how much reliance of continued qualification for the CL do they factor into financial planning. They might be able to manage one year without CL money but any longer could be serious for them to remain competitive at the top level.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 1:03pm

Give N£wca$tle another couple of years and one of those top 4 places will be boxed off for them. City will be the same.
So you’ll have Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs and Liverpool competing for 2 spots.
What’s the bets they end up offering extra CL spaces to quell unrest from the Super League rebels?

Edited by MC Hammered - 30 Oct 2022 at 1:03pm
El Puto Amo
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 1:14pm
They'll be back on the juice after the World Cup. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Give N£wca$tle another couple of years and one of those top 4 places will be boxed off for them. City will be the same.
So you’ll have Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs and Liverpool competing for 2 spots.
What’s the bets they end up offering extra CL spaces to quell unrest from the Super League rebels?
it’ll be 5 spots by then? It’s certainly getting very competitive.

And they’ll all need to starting get in line with the EUFA 70% rule … if the holds up.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 30 Oct 2022 at 1:32pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

They'll be back on the juice after the World Cup. 

Yeah I heard there is a supply chain issue with inhalers
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

To me, it just looks like they have gone a bit stale. The Nunez signing was great, but there seems to be still a lot of reliance on the players that brought them success between the CL and the PL in 2019 and 2020. I’m no expert, but I feel teams have a ‘shelf life’ and generally it is in three year cycles. Ferguson used try to evolve his Man U team at that rate, especially post 1992/1993, and did so on an ongoing basis. Yesterday two of their three subs were Henderson and Milner who have been there forever.

Basically their style was based on out running and working the other teams in midfield and having exceptional forwards who also worked hard and brilliant centre back and full backs who were amazing going forward.  It required a huge  amount of work and simply their midfield does not have the legs anymore and the forwards are not working as hard. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 7:55pm

So are you saying that Millner and Henderson have lost their speed LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 1:13pm
The Saudis/Qataris etc etc will be creaming themselves …..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 1:20pm
Borussia would surely stop supporting Liverpool if they got a Qatari/Saudi backed owner.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 1:39pm
Which Middle Eastern oil rich Kingdom does not yet own a football club as their play thing?
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 1:46pm
Having seen Liverpool live yesterday, I think that if Real Madrid hit their stride, they could really thump them.

Forget Liverpool's result against Spurs - the latter were abysmal in the first half, yet Liverpool still relied on Spurs crap defending collectively for the first goal, and a Dier howler for the second.

And in the second half, when Spurs finally got going, Liverpool didn't give the disciplined, defensive display you normally got from them to keep hold of their lead - instead they were hanging on any old way by the end.

Some of their players look to be lacking confidence, Konate and Alisson especially, but also even VVD and TTA.

I was reminded of Arsene Wenger's comment that it can take a long time to build confidence, but you can lose it virtually overnight. Klopp has a big job to rebuild their confidence, which will take more than just replacing a couple of players.

Salah's still a class act, mind.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:13pm
They had a confidence boosting win against Spurs yesterday.

Konate is not match fit. He needs more games.

Liverpool usually excel in the big games, as we saw yesterday and the win against City.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Borussia would surely stop supporting Liverpool if they got a Qatari/Saudi backed owner.

Literally had that conversation at lunchtime. I'd stop going to games if we end up in the hands of some despot oil state. Wouldn't be able to stomach it.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They had a confidence boosting win against Spurs yesterday.

Konate is not match fit. He needs more games.

Liverpool usually excel in the big games, as we saw yesterday and the win against City.
There was no "confidence boost" in that last 20 minutes yeaterday, I can tell you! In fact they were crapping themselves after Kulusevski came on.

And they far from "excelled" vs Spurs, who themselves are struggling.

Have to say, that's the first time in at least 5 years that I wasn't impressed by Liverpool who, win lose or draw vs Spurs, are normally pretty formidable.

If one match is anything to go by, I'd say forget the result, Liverpool have as big a rebuilding job on their hands as Spurs.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:53pm
I never said they excelled. I said it was a confidence boosting win away from home against a side that Liverpool have struggled against in the past.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14281429143014311432 1455>
  Share Topic