You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14031404140514061407 1455>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

What are Liverpool supporters feelings on the postponement of the United match
Have one mate who is screaming for the 3 points to be awarded to Liverpool although he is blinkered when it comes to Liverpool

Happy for the game to be rescheduled or feel the same as him?

Afaik this is the first time a PL game has had to be postponed beciase of crowd problems.

And even though I wouldn't like it to happen both as a Spurs fan and also because I don't feel it an appropriate punishment in the circumstances, I have a sneaky feeling that the PL rules may mandate a 3-0 victory to Liverpool?

Which I'm sure no-one wants except Liverpool. Which in turn could explain the delay in nominating a re-arranged date - i.e. there are several sets of lawyers argung over what may/may not be done?

Edited by Territorial - 05 May 2021 at 3:31pm
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 4:05pm
Would be a shambles of Liverpool were awarded 3 points and then it got us into CL or Europa at expense of another team, there would be outrage.
Has to go ahead but could end up being similar to Liverpool having to play 2 games on same day/one day apart do perhaps utd needing to rotate the squad much more than they would have liked to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 4:11pm
Imagine teams missing out on European football because of Liverpool !!!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Nice rewriting of history there. 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Would be a shambles of Liverpool were awarded 3 points and then it got us into CL or Europa at expense of another team, there would be outrage.
Tbf, you could easily have had pretty much the same demo before a match against eg Leeds, Villa or Wolves etc, where the award of 3 points wouldn't have made any material difference to anyone.

Meaning that you cannot ignore the rules arbitrarily when it's one team involved, but enforce them when it's another.

Which is why I suspect this whole thing is heavily lawyered up right now.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

In a few years it won't matter anyway as Liverpool will be all but guaranteed a place regardless of their final position in the league
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Tbf, you could easily have had pretty much the same demo before a match against eg Leeds, Villa or Wolves etc, where the award of 3 points wouldn't have made any material difference to anyone.

Meaning that you cannot ignore the rules arbitrarily when it's one team involved, but enforce them when it's another.

I do think United should be punished in some way as It was a security breach that allowed the protesting fans to get access into the stadium. There has to be serious repercussions for this imo. 

United were still able to fulfill the fixture once the crowd dispersed from the stadium and the team hotel so I wonder if the Police made the recommendation to postpone, that may work in United's favour in not getting a 3-0 loss imposed on them? 

I do think a 3-0 victory to Liverpool would be an extremely harsh punishment but I don't know what the rules are or if there's much precedent for this scenario. 

Edited by irishmufc - 05 May 2021 at 7:18pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I do think United should be punished in some way as It was a security breach that allowed the protesting fans to get access into the stadium. There has to be serious repercussions for this imo

United were still able to fulfill the fixture once the crowd dispersed from the stadium and the team hotel so I wonder if the Police made the recommendation to postpone, that may work in United's favour in not getting a 3-0 loss imposed on them? 

I do think a 3-0 victory to Liverpool would be an extremely harsh punishment but I don't know what the rules are or if there's much precedent for this scenario. 

FA have been surprisingly lenient when it comes to postponing fixtures, I believe it's only Middlesbrough who have been punished for this when they couldn't field 11 players due to injuries during the 96/97 season.

There's been plenty of bizarre incidents which have went unpunished, 2 in 1 season during Mick McCarthy's season at Sunderland - 1 for a blocked drain outside the stadium and another for snow although the undersoil heating was working fine and well.

But yeah the FA generally turn a blind eye aslong the fixture does get fulfilled eventually.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:40am
Great result yesterday. Utd were pretty poor but good attacking play and could have won by more.

Will be a fairly good season in the end if we got 4th considering we do not deserve it at all and have been poor!

Still see one or two twists and turns to come
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:59am
If Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL would Liverpool be in the Europa League if they finished 4th? Would be very funny if that happend 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

If Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL would Liverpool be in the Europa League if they finished 4th? Would be very funny if that happend 

No, there would be 5 English teams in the CL. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:53pm
I think Liverpool will get top 4 now after that win last night. 
They looked almost close to their best at times, certainly better than they have been for most of this season. 
They should finish on 69 points and i dont see how both Leicester and Chelsea can do the same (Leicester have an inferior goal difference but could see them finishing on the same points)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:58pm
Leicester and Chelsea have to play each other so if Liverpool win their three games, they’re guaranteed top four.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

No, there would be 5 English teams in the CL. 

oh yeah that's right it was if Arsenal won the Europa League Thumbs Up

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I think Liverpool will get top 4 now after that win last night. 
They looked almost close to their best at times, certainly better than they have been for most of this season. 
They should finish on 69 points and i dont see how both Leicester and Chelsea can do the same (Leicester have an inferior goal difference but could see them finishing on the same points)

They are sh*t at home so I think it's Crystal Palace that is most likely to be most troublesome fixture. I would doubt they have managed to win 4 games in a row all season too 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Leicester and Chelsea have to play each other so if Liverpool win their three games, they’re guaranteed top four.

There is a scenario whereby if Liverpool won all the games by 1 goal. Leicester lost by 1 goal vs. Chelsea then Leicester could still finish ahead of Liverpool by beating spurs by 4. So basically it's looking very likely if Liverpool win all their 3 games then they 4th

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 May 2021 at 2:26pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:27pm
Klopp would probably bin off the Europa League like he does the domestic cups, so its probably best for the other title challengers next year that they're in the CL

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:33pm
From an Ireland perspective, that would mean Kelleher getting a good run of games.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14031404140514061407 1455>
  Share Topic