Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13151316131713181319 1454>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Liverpool will win on penos

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrongCool
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:57am
Crazy game littered with mistakes on both sides but some cracking goals. Ox scored a screamer but thought he was poor otherwise, same with Origi. Think only young Williams & Jones when he came on actually did well. Jones looks like he could be one for the future
Some people just deserve a slap
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 10:07am
Heard a good bit about Jones alright, seems to be rated higher than Brewster
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:49am
Do love the queuing times for the online match ticket sales....then when you do actually get in there's none left

Some people just deserve a slap
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 3:48pm
VAR is an excellent innovation
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:34am
Its scrappy it’s ugly but it’s just dropping for them at the minute 

Liverpool’s winner yesterday and their season in general 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its scrappy it’s ugly but it’s just dropping for them at the minute 

Liverpool’s winner yesterday and their season in general 
Most years the winners get the rub of the green. Even last year kompany scoring that screamer out of the blue. Never would have seen that coming. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 8:09am
wouldn’t disagree 

Also the VAR decision was correct and wasn’t controversial 
A push in the back is a free no matter who’s involved or where it is on the pitch, despite planning and others saying Mane’s on Sterling two weeks ago wasn’t a pen 
To highlight the inconsistencies tbough, look at what Leicester’s penalty was given for yesterday for reference 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 11:18am
It’s all going right for us results wise. Performance wise still not fully at the races. 
The signs are good at the moment but next 6 weeks or so when games come thick and fast will have a big influence on the outcome of the season. I would imagine there will be a few points dropped by us over that period, so be interesting if others are making ground up or not. If it’s stilll 9 points come January, then I think we can start to believe a bit more
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

It’s all going right for us results wise. Performance wise still not fully at the races. 
The signs are good at the moment but next 6 weeks or so when games come thick and fast will have a big influence on the outcome of the season. I would imagine there will be a few points dropped by us over that period, so be interesting if others are making ground up or not. If it’s stilll 9 points come January, then I think we can start to believe a bit more

Anyone watching the City Chelsea game yesterday will realise the title is long over. City cannot defend and on another day Chelsea would have walked in 2 or 3 goals in that opening half hour. Without Laporte they will lose more PL games. Their margin for error now in 25 remaining games is almost zero. 

As for Liverpool, 1 loss in 50 PL games. European champions. Not even at full tilt yet performance wise and have 37 points from 39 in the PL with absolute powder puff fixtures coming up over the next few weeks (if the West Ham game wasn't cancelled you would very likely be looking at Liverpool on 52 points out of 54 or close to it, going into a big Leicester away fixture).

Liverpool are heading for a 100 points plus PL season if they don't win it at a canter and pull up the handbrake late on in the season to prioritize other games. For City to get anywhere near the 100 mark have no room for error whatsoever.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:14pm
Some of the games I have seen them play they have been fairly average, but they still still keep winning. If they had dropped 5-6 points Leicester would have been right up their holes. 

Hopefully Leicester can keep it up. But I'd say Liverpool will be miles ahead come the start of January. Man City have lots of tough games and Liverpool have played a lot of the so called harder away games already.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:58pm

wouldn’t disagree 

A push in the back is a free no matter who’s involved or where it is on the pitch, despite planning and others saying Mane’s on Sterling two weeks ago wasn’t a pen

Jenas and Merson lost the head over the decision. Walton thought it "wasn't  enough" of a foul. BBC and Sky were equally unimpressed. Gallagher thought it was clearcut. 

The foul looks worse in real time than slowmo, unlike the Mane nudge which looks worse in slowmo than real time, and nobody else bar City complained about it. 

As Liverpool are 8 points clear, with just 2 away games left this year, there's no sign of Gav, or the graphs. In fact this thread has moved from one of the busiest to one of the quietest lately.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

wouldn’t disagree 

Jenas and Merson lost the head over the decision. Walton thought it "wasn't  enough" of a foul. BBC and Sky were equally unimpressed. Gallagher thought it was clearcut. 

The foul looks worse in real time than slowmo, unlike the Mane nudge which looks worse in slowmo than real time, and nobody else bar City complained about it. 

As Liverpool are 8 points clear, with just 2 away games left this year, there's no sign of Gav, or the graphs. In fact this thread has moved from one of the busiest to one of the quietest lately.

Well who do you want to complain about it? West Ham??

Mane on Sterling, Ayew on Lovren and the Brighton player (can't remember who) on Damari Gray were all similar pushes in the back and should have been given as fouls. 2 were and 1 wasn't, end of.
Oliver bottled that decision, one of several on the day.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:26pm
Cop Devid Duckenfield got off on Hillsborough charges.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:39pm
Cannot imagine what the families are going through.
An inquest found that 95 people were unlawfully killed - Not one person held responsible for this. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:41pm
Does this surprise anyone?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:39pm

David Conn’s recounting of what went on during the court case is sickening to read, some of what went on is quite shocking, the CPS screwed up in a major way and the judge has serious questions to answer, lies were allowed to be spread and Duckenfield was called “a poor lad”

The families have been screwed and justice has been denied

British “justice” has never been for the little people, only for the cosseted establishment

But the Hillsborough families were never little people, they were and are giants, the real little people were the lying, corrupt establishment - small in every way that mattered, small of heart, small of soul, small of empathy, and small in their sense of justice

Same as Bloody Sunday, the lies were spread and travelled around the world 10 times within minutes while the truth took 23 years to be acknowledged in the Hillsborough families’ case and 38 years in the Bloody Sunday families case

The Bloody Sunday families have not got justice, now the Hillsborough families have not either, and neither will the families of Grenfell 

Now those poor families will have to put up with the pathetic comments of the pathetic little trolls who back the Sun, the Tories and the British establishment for kicks because they have no other avenue of happiness in their lives 

Scumbags with mindsets like Johnny Mercer, who will turn reality on its head to try and claim the perpetrators are the victims

Liverpool is a place apart - it is in England but will never, ever be English - and Hillsborough and the way the establishment in the rest of England closed ranks to protect their own and tried to silence Scousers is a large part of the reason why

Scousers are amazing, like Belfast and Derry and Glasgow, Liverpool is a place where fools are never suffered and the people have a wit and a warmth and a sense of community and a sense of justice that most other places cannot even imagine

I watched Hillsborough live as a nine year old, wearing my Candy jersey, I loved Liverpool then and I will die a Liverpool supporter, Liverpool is unique, not just the club but the city and the people and everything about it, Scousers are the best

The establishment will never silence Scousers and they will never silence the Hillsborough families or the truth

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 3:57pm
Fabinho a big loss.
Pool’s best player this season.

City will close the gap.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13151316131713181319 1454>
  Share Topic