You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13111312131313141315 1452>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Not fishing at all Borussia LOL

Matip has been outstanding for Liverpool since coming for Gomez last November was it? Do you not think so?

Also if Matip moves on as his contract is up at the end of this season, every  big club around Europe will be after him. No doubt about it. I would think Liverpool will offer him a huge deal to stay, but you never know.

He has. Looks a lot better now than when he was signed. 

Better than van Dijk? Not a chance.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:23pm
Do I think he's a better player than VVD? No, I don't.

Do I think he's been better than VVD over the past 9 months or so since he's been his more regular CB partner? Yes, just about. Especially in a lot of the big CL games where Matip would have been MOTM imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:24pm

Do I think he's been better than VVD over the past 9 months or so since he's been his more regular CB partner? Yes, just about. Especially in a lot of the big CL games where Matip would have been MOTM imo.

You're opinion is not shared by anybody who sits near me in the Main stand. 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

You're opinion is not shared by anybody who sits near me in the Main stand. 

Clearly the people you sit near know absolutely nothing, literally nothing about football
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 1:32pm
LOL

I tend to be a trend setter. Give it time.

Both Gomez (who was very good at the start of last season) and Matip are totally overshadowed by VVD. You get the likes of Gary Neville coming out with utter nonsense like anyone can look good alongside the likes of VVD. People then just think that VVD is carrying whoever he plays alongside. In Gomez case there is a bit of that with VVD being far more experienced, but with Matip he has been exceptional. One of the leaders of the team, along with Fabihno. 

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 2:28pm
Play Matip alongside another CB and see how good he is. Or wait, that actually happened before van Dijk arrived, and he didn't look very good.

Matip looks a far better player with van Dijk beside him, and has benefited massively from playing alongside him.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:15pm
1. Matip
2. Van Dijk
3. Messi

ballon d’or 2019
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

1. Matip
2. Van Dijk
3. Messi

ballon d’or 2019

LOL

Can’t believe what I’m reading. 

Edited by BrendanD88 - 28 Aug 2019 at 3:46pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 5:46pm
So basically anything Matip has done recently in terms of performances, VVD gets the credit for LOL I never knew Gary Neville had a few accounts on Ybig.

If you are going back to when Matip became a regular again, the top 3 CBs in the PL are VVD, Matip and Laporte. VVD is the best player of the lot by a distance imo (he's one of the most complete CBs I've ever seen). In the last few months of last season though, Matips form was slightly better than VVD. He has been that good and in terms of CL knockout games he probably was the best performing CB in it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

1. Matip
2. Van Dijk
3. Messi

ballon d’or 2019

LOL

Can’t believe what I’m reading. 

Messi wouldn't make the top 3.

1. Matip
2. VVD
3. Laporte
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 6:48pm
When matip was playing alongside lovren with lovren on the left we shipped a lot of goals simply because lovren wasn't comfortable playing left cb but since vvd has come in and played left cb any of our cb's have looked good playing beside vvd.
Vvd is a great organiser and controls everything in our own half of the pitch. 
I'd keep lovren as a squad player. When vvd picks up an injury we'll see this again
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:26pm

1. Matip
2. Van Dijk
3. Messi

ballon d’oleman 2019

Fixed.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

1. Matip
2. Van Dijk
3. Messi

ballon d’oleman 2019

Fixed.

LOL

As stated, Messi wouldn't make the top 3.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:39am
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Strange allegations from the agent

Needs to get shot of that agent by the sounds of things
Apparently Duncan's on €15k a week

Edited by Croftman - 29 Aug 2019 at 2:58pm
Some people just deserve a slap
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 5:24pm
A good chuck of change for a kid, agent trying to fast track into the first team squad seems likely.
A loan move wouldn't hurt though!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:25pm
VVD UEFA CL player of the year ahead of Messi and Ronaldo. Bit disappointed Matip wasn't at least considered.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 6:05pm
Commentator on Sky making out Alexander Arnold meant that when it went in 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13111312131313141315 1452>
  Share Topic