Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12091210121112121213 1453>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

He really doesn't understand how the league tables works

I understand how it works thanks. Apparently you and a handful of others, don't. 

At this stage of the season, points on the board matter. Goal difference counts after 38 games in the unlikely event the teams can't be separated on points, not after 8 games.

Therefore as Liverpool have the same number of points as those above, Liverpool are joint top. Deny it if you want, but it's a fact. 
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:06pm
LOLLOLLOL
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

I understand how it works thanks. Apparently you and a handful of others, don't. 

At this stage of the season, points on the board matter. Goal difference counts after 38 games in the unlikely event the teams can't be separated on points, not after 8 games.

Therefore as Liverpool have the same number of points as those above, Liverpool are joint top. Deny it if you want, but it's a fact. 

But they’re not top, however you want to look at it.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:31pm
It's a fact lads LOL

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:34pm
LOLThis lad has to be a wum! Top class.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:34pm
As the Liverpool fans chant goes - we’re top and they don’t like it, Guardiola Guardiola 

Don’t ruin it for Planning. They’re top 🤥
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:01pm

Salah went off injured tonight. It will be difficult for Liverpool to stay top all season without him.

Has any team won the league by being top all season under the planning table? 
Chelsea 05 maybe? 

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:36pm

Salah went off injured tonight. It will be difficult for Liverpool to stay top all season without him.

Has any team won the league by being top all season under the planning table? 
Chelsea 05 maybe? 

Muscle injury but Egyptians hopeful it's not serious.

Which is just as well considering he's finally found the net albeit by doing a 'Stan' (ie direct from a corner LOL).
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:39pm
ClapAn Olympic goal.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Exactly. Well said. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:44pm
https://www.premierleague.com/tables

Somebody should tell the Premier League that they are joint top, they seem to have their tables wrong.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:46pm
Planning GD counts at every stage of the season, your team are 3rd ffs not joint top 😂😂
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Somebody should tell the Premier League that they are joint top, they seem to have their tables wrong.

Not even the SFA would be at such levels of bias against a club
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

But they’re not top, however you want to look at it.

I didn't say Liverpool are top. I said Liverpool are joint top. 

A bit like we will be, if we beat Denmark....and joint bottom. 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:23pm

Goals doesn't count you silly fella! Less than once every ten years someone wins the league on goals!! So it doesn't count, especially not now!
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:42pm
Liverpool are effectively joint top. As I've said previous it's not like there are 2 games left in the PL and Liverpool are level on points with Chelsea/City but 20 goals worse off on goal difference.

As much as ye all like to batter Planning, I really don't see how what he's saying here is too wide of the mark. It's not like he is saying Everton or United are joint top as there's been so few games played and points don't really matter at this stage! Actually something that most papers subscribed to regards league table years back until 2/3 games in iirc?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Goals doesn't count you silly fella!
Genius. LOLLOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Liverpool are effectively joint top. As I've said previous it's not like there are 2 games left in the PL and Liverpool are level on points with Chelsea/City but 20 goals worse off on goal difference.

As much as ye all like to batter Planning, I really don't see how what he's saying here is too wide of the mark. It's not like he is saying Everton or United are joint top as there's been so few games played and points don't really matter at this stage! Actually something that most papers subscribed to regards league table years back until 2/3 games in iirc?

Even in the Liverpool thread you're still obsessing with United Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12091210121112121213 1453>
  Share Topic