You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11881189119011911192 1452>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:42pm
when the f**k is offside ‘offside’?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Henderson’s going to struggle to get a game this season 
Liverpool very good today as expected 
Horrenderson is Team Captain.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:26pm
See the video of carra getting abused by city fans at a petrol station. I never would condone what he done but it is surprising that more footballers don't react to this behaviour. Imagine walking down the road and somebody gets up in your face and starts abusing you calling you this that and the other. The everyday man would react 

Now the game yesterday. I think Liverpool swept West ham away without even getting out of second gear. Yes Liverpool were good but they weren't brilliant. James Milner was fantastic. As was Keita and mane. 

Do I think we will win the league. No I don't. There is too much ground to catch up on city. Even yesterday the beat Arsenall and the talent that was on the bench was out of this world. 

People are demanding klopp win a trophy this year and he may do however how he has transformed the club over the last couple of years has been incredible. If it were not for him, Liverpool would be bottom of the top six year in year out and way off the pace. One of my favourite things is how much we are hated again. Shows that other clubs fans are jealous and worried about what is happening at Liverpool. 

We still don't have the financial clout that city chelsea and utd have bit are making it work with what we have. Also I am well aware that we spent the most this window, possibly the first time we have done that in 10 years however we do not have the ability to offer the financial packages the above mentioned do 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

See the video of carra getting abused by city fans at a petrol station. I never would condone what he done but it is surprising that more footballers don't react to this behaviour. Imagine walking down the road and somebody gets up in your face and starts abusing you calling you this that and the other. The everyday man would react 

Now the game yesterday. I think Liverpool swept West ham away without even getting out of second gear. Yes Liverpool were good but they weren't brilliant. James Milner was fantastic. As was Keita and mane. 

Do I think we will win the league. No I don't. There is too much ground to catch up on city. Even yesterday the beat Arsenall and the talent that was on the bench was out of this world. 

People are demanding klopp win a trophy this year and he may do however how he has transformed the club over the last couple of years has been incredible. If it were not for him, Liverpool would be bottom of the top six year in year out and way off the pace. One of my favourite things is how much we are hated again. Shows that other clubs fans are jealous and worried about what is happening at Liverpool. 

We still don't have the financial clout that city chelsea and utd have bit are making it work with what we have. Also I am well aware that we spent the most this window, possibly the first time we have done that in 10 years however we do not have the ability to offer the financial packages the above mentioned do 

someone mentioned this already I think Horsebox, win the League Cup and FA Cup and finish fifth no thank you! Finish top 4 is a must/priority you go straight into the CL Group stages as well now look it early stages yet I know but Citeh are clear cut favs for the Premiership imo, dont rule out UTD or Chelski either and the Spurs are going to knocking about there too! Liverpool need to stay in that top 4!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Good job those idiot City fans weren't within spitting distance!
Good to see Carragher has learned his lesson anyway after his suspension!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:01pm
What obscene gesture did he make? Cant make anything out on the video. Presumably the finger?  He will hardly get sacked for that will he?   
The spitting incident was a disgrace and should have been sacked for that imo.  I would have shaken his hand had he battered these coonts thoughLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:11pm
Not sure, never read about an obscene gesture

You would think after what he's just returned from he would have learned to bite his lip and walk on, wrong and all as the City fans were.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:13pm

Not sure, never read about an obscene gesture

You would think after what he's just returned from he would have learned to bite his lip and walk on, wrong and all as the City fans were.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-goaded-manchester-city-13074974
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:28pm
He's only human, cant be easy to listen to muppets like that. What he did was tame in fairness
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:04pm
Bit of a nothing incident in fairness. In the grand scheme of abuse you would hear at a football match, being called "you scouse bastard" is tame enough too. I realise that this is away from a match and intruding on his private life, and wouldn't want to defend the City fans who clearly are muppets.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 7:44pm
This sort of behaviour is just accepted by the general public but if anyone reacts they are up in arms, madness if you ask me 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:53pm

So what you’re saying is, Liverpool should be being tipped to win the title, yet if they finish 4th it’s a good season and anything better than that is a bonus? Hmmm

I didn't say that. 

Klopp was handed a top 8 side with the demand to finish in the top 4. That remains the primary target of the ownership every year. Anything more than that is seen as a bonus. So the goalposts have not changed. 

Liverpool are now 22 home league games unbeaten. But the pundits who  already have City as champions, still insist that Liverpool need to win more home games against the cannon fodder. So beating them 4-0 should help.  
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

So what you’re saying is, Liverpool should be being tipped to win the title, yet if they finish 4th it’s a good season and anything better than that is a bonus? Hmmm

I didn't say that. 

Klopp was handed a top 8 side with the demand to finish in the top 4. That remains the primary target of the ownership every year. Anything more than that is seen as a bonus. So the goalposts have not changed. 

Liverpool are now 22 home league games unbeaten. But the pundits who  already have City as champions, still insist that Liverpool need to win more home games against the cannon fodder. So beating them 4-0 should help.  

22 homes league games unbeaten is a bit misleading as if you look at the home table last year Man City, Man U and Arsenal all got more points at home than Liverpool.
Spurs got the same and they were at Wembley....
A few too many draws there. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:31pm
Yes hopefully Liverpool can turn them draws into victories this season. Agree with planning on what klopp took over and where he has now got them. Another top 4 finish would be deemed acceptable by the Americans 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

22 homes league games unbeaten is a bit misleading as if you look at the home table last year Man City, Man U and Arsenal all got more points at home than Liverpool.

There were 7 draws. West Brom, Burnley, Everton, Stoke, and the rest against the top 5. 

Liverpool dropped 20 points against the top 6, taking just 1 point from 15 away from home. So if you want to know why Liverpool didn't challenge last year, there's your answer. It's not a lot to do with the inability to beat weaker sides. 

I'm sure Sky are devastated that the Spurs-Liverpool game is back at Wembley,  no doubt wrecking their 2 week long pre-game build up every 5 minutes.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

There were 7 draws. West Brom, Burnley, Everton, Stoke, and the rest against the top 5. 

Liverpool dropped 20 points against the top 6, taking just 1 point from 15 away from home. So if you want to know why Liverpool didn't challenge last year, there's your answer. It's not a lot to do with the inability to beat weaker sides. 

I'm sure Sky are devastated that the Spurs-Liverpool game is back at Wembley,  no doubt wrecking their 2 week long pre-game build up every 5 minutes.

The reason Liverpool and nobody else challenged Man City last season was the fact they won 19 out of the first 20 games. There is literally nothing any team in EPL history that could do to live with that form.

That was a one off season and normally to challenge for the league you need mid 80’s points.
Liverpool got 75 last season so if you were to ask how they could make up the 10 points you would look at those draws at home to Burnley, Stoke, Everton and West Brom. You have to look at that is 8 points dropped.

Nobody expects a team to beat all the top 6 home and away. In that mini-table you need to finish mid table.
Leagues are won by beating the bottom 10-12 teams home and away. You really need to be winning around 18/19 games from the bottom 12 teams. You need to be able to beat them even when you are not playing well.

Liverpool 08/09 is the perfect example. Beat Man U and Chelsea home and away. Then had some terrible draws at home against bottom teams to lose the league by 4 points.

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 7:51am
You don't expect to beat all the top 6 home and away, but you can't expect to beat the rest home and away either. Liverpool's record against the top 6 was very poor last year, especially away from home. Winning just half those points lost, would have the club in the top 2, even with the European campaign going.

Liverpool lost the league in 2009 the day Keane was sent back to Spurs. Torres got injured 2 days later, and Liverpool were left with El Zhar and Ngog as alternatives upfront, who couldn't kick snow off a rope. By the time Torres returned, the team had too much left to do. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:16am
When Man U won the league in 09 they got 13 points versus the top 6 that year..... 13 points out of 30.
But they won 25 out of 28 versus the bottom 14. 

They did something similar in 12/13

Have a look at this article:

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 15 Aug 2018 at 9:18am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11881189119011911192 1452>
  Share Topic