You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11511152115311541155 1452>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:39am
Fook that was some performance! Yes the 2 goals at the end take the shine off it a small bit but it cant overshadow the game itself. Salah's something special - 2 goals and 3 assists in the s/f of the CL, unbelievable. Firmino doesn't get the same plaudits but he's having a top season too, 27 goals and 15 assists. 

Roma's tactics were mental with playing such a high line, have they not watched any Liverpool games this season?! Wouldn't be Liverpool if they did things straightforward and kept it at 5-0 but have no doubt we'll score over there. 

90 minutes from the CL Final, who'd have thought that was anywhere near possible a few months back? We're getting a but light in MF with the Ox injured now too though, that'd be my only worry 
Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

the english spent 20 years going round europe knocking crap out of plenty of poor innocent souls. liverpool one of the worst offenders - if not the worst. it is little wonder why foreign clubs are so up for english games, esp. liverpool. 
Of course totally agree but wouldn't say Liverpool were worse, just the same.
United, Leeds, Spurs, West Ham all received bans long before Liverpool.

On Roma fans, they say that Heysel was a direct result of what happened in Rome the year before.

There'll be more trouble next week.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

the english spent 20 years going round europe knocking crap out of plenty of poor innocent souls. liverpool one of the worst offenders - if not the worst. it is little wonder why foreign clubs are so up for english games, esp. liverpool. 

he's irish i believe.

He is yeah. So an Irishman should bear the brunt of Italian bloodlust because of the past actions of English football fans? We're supposed to be "the best fans in the world". 

Roma fans didn't go away from the European Cup final in 84 quietly. That was 34 years ago, pre English football in Europe ban. They're unlikely to  take it any quieter next week. But a few scuffles at a Roma - Liverpool game is one thing. I dread to think what would have happened if it was Juventus instead.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:06am
Great result for Liverpool. 5-0 would have been outstanding, but the slip to conceded two late on puts a little bit of doubt. Heard yesterday that Roma haven't conceded at home in the Champions League. Very impressive stat considering they played Athletico, Chelsea and Barca.
On Liverpool's performance, it again proved that without Salah they are a pretty average team. Questions are asked where would Tottenham be without Kane. United without De Gea. Would Liverpool be a mid table team without Salah?
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:09am
Squad is absolutely threadbare now. One injury away from Ings, Solanke or a 17 year old starting.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

He is yeah. So an Irishman should bear the brunt of Italian bloodlust because of the past actions of English football fans? We're supposed to be "the best fans in the world".
Oh Jesus....
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

On Liverpool's performance, it again proved that without Salah they are a pretty average team. Questions are asked where would Tottenham be without Kane. United without De Gea. Would Liverpool be a mid table team without Salah?

Take Firmino out and they'd struggle as well. Just like Salah he got two goals and two assists last night as well. Take out Mané and they'd lose a lot of their balance on the wings. Henderson and Milner have really excelled of late in midfield whilst VVD has been a revelation in defence. I really don't think Liverpool can be called a one man team. They are an excellent team who just happen to have an outstanding individual at the moment in Salah.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Oh Jesus....
Pretty special alright, even by the Special One's standards.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:26am
Poor dive by Dzeko looking for a free kick in the centre of the pitch led to the first goal last night.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:46am
Great finish by him for the first. He's a very up & down player. Has bags of ability but looks lazy as fook at times. 
Some people just deserve a slap
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:57am
Thought Wijnaldum was brilliant when he came on last night. I'd say the Ox is proper fooked after that tackle and will miss the rest of the season. Looked a possible break
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Great finish by him for the first. He's a very up & down player. Has bags of ability but looks lazy as fook at times. 

Good finisher and threat in the air but offers next to nothing outside the box

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Thought Wijnaldum was brilliant when he came on last night. I'd say the Ox is proper fooked after that tackle and will miss the rest of the season. Looked a possible break

Agree, he was excellent

They were all excellent, lovren did play weel but did have a brain fart to let dzeko in

i would say that was the best hour of football i have seen liverpool play in my many years supporting them. they could have ran in double figures last night
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

i would say that was the best hour of football i have seen liverpool play in my many years supporting them. they could have ran in double figures last night
Up there with the 4-1 win at Old Trafford and 4-0 bashing of Madrid during the Torres era.

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 12:20pm
Up there alright, but as a performance it was better for me, especially at this stage of the competition

We looked like scoring with every attack

Its very frustrating being a Slob
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Oh Jesus....

Another classic comment there.
Hope the fella makes a swift recovery.
As regards the past actions of English fans, it must be remembered that one of the 39 who were killed in Heysel was an Irishman.

As regards the match itself, I was very disappointed by Roma's lack of cynicism. In the good old days, Italian teams would have passed Salah and Firmino between themselves, each having a good clatter at them. They never made one tackle in anger during the match.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 25 Apr 2018 at 1:11pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:52pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 3:59pm
How do you get the code for Liverpool FC presale?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11511152115311541155 1452>
  Share Topic