You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11271128112911301131 1455>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:52pm
Salah has had an excellent season but KDB has been hugely influencial for City. Breaking several team records along the way.City probably would win the league this season handy enough without him but he has been a joy to watch.

It's a joke award anyways when you look back at some of the winners over the years. Popularity competition mostly.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:58pm
Ailhau41 your constant and snide digs towards Liverpool in every post are childish beyond belief, grow up Thumbs Up

"Oh if Salah wasn't in the Liverpool team blah blah"

He is in the Liverpool team though and I'm sure if Liverpool didn't sign him in the summer, they either would have signed someone else or some other player would have stepped up (obviously not to his level)

Liverpool are far from a one man team ffs, give them some credit.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Ailhau41 your constant and snide digs towards Liverpool in every post are childish beyond belief, grow up Thumbs Up

"Oh if Salah wasn't in the Liverpool team blah blah"

He is in the Liverpool team though and I'm sure if Liverpool didn't sign him in the summer, they either would have signed someone else or some other player would have stepped up (obviously not to his level)

Liverpool are far from a one man team ffs, give them some credit.

get off the hash mate. I'm not intending to make snide comments, rather giving my reasoning as to why I think salah should be POTY, but you don't seen to be able to comprehend the difference. I'm a united fan, but praising a pool player here, take it as anything but snide comments!

the comment to whether he's in the pool team or not, was more in reference to his importance to the team compared to KDB and city. it's figurative speaking when I call them a one man team, especially considering how much he has contributed to where they are now. do I think he is more important to pool than KDB to city? absolutely, think everyone except RB would agree straight away. do I think pool would be challenging for 2nd and in with a chance of a semi final in CL without salah? nope.
but those are my opinions, and couldn't really give a f**k what you think

Edited by alihau41 - 21 Mar 2018 at 7:46am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:41am
KDB was man of the match in 18 of the first 25 league games of the season. And City had the league won by that point more or less. Some people need to think back to how brilliant he was for the first two thirds of the season on his way to winning two trophies.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Question for you, when a team romps to the title in record time and possibly breaking points and goals records along the way, is it not natural that their best player in that season wins player of the year?
Two words for you - David Ginola.

I don't recall him winning the Treble with United in 1999.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Question for you, when a team romps to the title in record time and possibly breaking points and goals records along the way, is it not natural that their best player in that season wins player of the year?
Two words for you - David Ginola.

I don't recall him winning the Treble with United in 1999.

Yeah was thinking of that one yesterday. I remember Fergie complaining that there was a split vote on the United players allowing Ginola to win it.

Its pretty irrelevant on the grand scheme of things. Was looking at past winners there. In the two previous years that City have won the EPL the players and managers of the year have come from other clubs. Whereas in the other last three years the POTY has come from the champions - Hazard, Mahrez and Kante.

Its very close to call this season with two outstanding candidates and is a good discussion topic.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 9:51am

KDB was man of the match in 18 of the first 25 league games of the season.

Is this one of your infamous Twitter anecdotes RB or is it verified? Wink Incredible if true, especially when you consider the talent that he has shared the pitch with on each of those 25 occasions.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:10am
I remember reading it on Football 365 earlier in the season. He was man of the match against Chelsea, Spurs, United, Arsenal and Liverpool in the first half of the season, that's definitely true.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:39am

I remember reading it on Football 365 earlier in the season. He was man of the match against Chelsea, Spurs, United, Arsenal and Liverpool in the first half of the season, that's definitely true.

could only find one article about MOM awards for this season, article dates to 7th Dec 17. KDB had been given MOM four times by then

probably getting away from the purpose of this thread at this stage, should have a separate one for POTY

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Mo Salah
28 goals

Most goals in a 42 game EPL season - 34
Shearer, Andy Cole

Most Goals in a 38 game EPL season - 31
Shearer / Ronaldo / Suarez

Most goals in a debut EPL season - 30
Kevin Phillips

Liverpool still have to play Bournemouth, Stoke City and Brighton at Anfield, and Crystal Palace and West Brom away from home.

He will probably beat all these records..... Some first season.

I always though Dixie Dean was the English top flight leading scorer, but you learn something new everyday 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Mo Salah
28 goals

Shearer, Andy Cole

Kevin Phillips

Liverpool still have to play Bournemouth, Stoke City and Brighton at Anfield, and Crystal Palace and West Brom away from home.

I always though Dixie Dean was the English top flight leading scorer, but you learn something new everyday 

And what season did he play in the premier league?

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 3:12pm
Is it just between Salah and KBD? De Gea having an other exceptional season. Kane and Eriksen could be in with a shout as well
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Mo Salah
28 goals

Shearer, Andy Cole

Kevin Phillips

And what season did he play in the premier league?

All hail football that began in 1992, nothing happened before this Handshake
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Is it just between Salah and KBD? De Gea having an other exceptional season. Kane and Eriksen could be in with a shout as well

The betting would suggest so.
KDB 4/7, Salah 13/8

Kane and David Silva come next in the betting.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:03pm

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

The betting would suggest so.
KDB 4/7, Salah 13/8

Kane and David Silva come next in the betting.

Wow I’m surprised it’s that close.

Right now KDB deserves it for me.
But still another 7/8 games to go.
If Salah gets 35+ goal it would be difficult to argue against him.

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:59pm
Emre Can saying he's ready to play for a big club next year.
That won't sit well with the Liverpool faithful
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:41pm
He still has a lot to prove

he will get his big move because he is going for free, howerver i dont think may would sign him if they had to splash out 40-50M mill on him
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:30pm
Watching some of the LFC legends game from today and I have to say Alonso is still a joy to watch on the ball.

Always wondered what might have been for Liverpool if they had kept him and Mascherano at the time but they never really stood a chance of keeping other.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11271128112911301131 1455>
  Share Topic