Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11261127112811291130 1456>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:49pm
I didn't scream it and there were no toys, rattles or prams, so knock it off with that played out, melodramatic hyperbole.
I've explained in depth why I think that opinion is bullsh*t, whilst also stating a couple of times that its very hard to split De Bruyne and Salah and that either of them could get a player of the year award.
Would help an awful lot if you would read my comments and engage or argue against them in the style of a normal discussion forum. 

Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:52pm
So everyone elses opinions are bullsh*t according to you, good man LOL

No body wants to engage with you because you jump down their throats. 3 posters out of 3 so far that said Salah should get it and you've gone in on all 3
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Oh someones having a meltdown LOL

Yep.

AKA engaging in football debate.

You're not engaging in anything. You're throwing your toys out of the pram because people can see why Salah might be names POTY over your precious KDB. 

Stop saying the same "football debate" bullsh*t every time you get called out on something, it's f**king tedious at this stage

LOLEmbarrassed

Again, I encourage you to read my comments and anything you disagree with me on flag up (preferably with examples)

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:54pm

So everyone elses opinions are bullsh*t according to you, good man LOL

No body wants to engage with you because you jump down their throats. 3 posters out of 3 so far that said Salah should get it and you've gone in on all 3

LOLLOLLOL

Jaysus. What a fairy.

How will these 3 ever recover from such harsh abuse. I can only apologise.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:26pm
ah in fairness RB, you were pretty dismissive of mine and gavin's views.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

ah in fairness RB, you were pretty dismissive of mine and gavin's views.

I called bullsh*t on someone called Gavin The Slob saying he could fit into the City team this season. LOL

And?

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:37pm

I'd give POTY to salah. he's a one man team. KDB has david silva beside him that does all the work for him

LOL

Do you watch City much? You ever noticed how much work De Bruyne gets through? He covers far more ground than Silva I would imagine.
And despite the genius that is Silva, De Bruyne has been better in an attacking sense overall between the two this season as well.

PS - Salah has Mane and Firmino beside him that do quite a bit of work for him I would have thought.

my comment has nothing to do with the workload that KDB gets through. certainly does get through a lot, but I mean Henderson tends to cover the most ground for Liverpool every week, yet he is sh*te.

I don't agree that KDB has been much better in the attacking sense than silva. both very influential, but considering KDB is on set pieces I expect for him to have more assists, his 14 to silva's 9. silva has scored 9 to KDBs 8. and when you take into account the amount of mins per goal/assist, it's 117min for silva and 123min for KDB
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:43pm
Good points Alihau.
De Bruyne plays that little bit deeper than Silva though so goals/assist per minute are not everything. There was a discussion on here a few months ago about players who assist the assistor and De Bruyne was miles clear than anyone else in the league on that, as well as having the top assists in the league at the time (not sure if he still does or not)
I think De Bruyne was the outstanding player (by a good bit) in the City team from August until about February. Silva has been very good as well don't get me wrong.

I wouldn't say Liverpool are a one man team either. Their front 3 is lightening and all have had great seasons.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
anyway, I'd give it to salah, because if it weren't for all his goals and assists, pool would be battling it out with arsenal for 6th. instead they are battling for 2nd, and in a CL quarter final
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm

Oh someones having a meltdown LOL

100%
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:46pm

anyway, I'd give it to salah, because if it weren't for all his goals and assists, pool would be battling it out with arsenal for 6th. instead they are battling for 2nd, and in a CL quarter final

Fair enough. As I've said a couple of times on here this afternoon, its 50/50 for me and very hard to split them.

If Salah gets it, its going to be because of his unreal scoring record this season, not because Liverpool are a one man team, because David Silva does all the work for KDB or because anyone could do what De Bruyne has done for City. Those are just silly arguments to make IMO.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Mar 2018 at 4:48pm
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:50pm

Fair enough. As I've said a couple of times on here this afternoon, its 50/50 for me and very hard to split them.

If Salah gets it, its going to be because of his unreal scoring record this season, not because Liverpool are a one man team, because David Silva does all the work for KDB or because anyone could do what De Bruyne has done for City. Those are just silly arguments to make IMO.

question to ask you...take KDB out of that citeh team, would they still win the league this season?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:51pm
Probably would yes.

Question for you, when a team romps to the title in record time and possibly breaking points and goals records along the way, is it not natural that their best player in that season wins player of the year?

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:03pm

Probably would yes.

Question for you, when a team romps to the title in record time and possibly breaking points and goals records along the way, is it not natural that their best player in that season wins player of the year?

not really no. he hasn't been the difference between citeh winning and losing the league. he's been fantastic to watch, but just because you are the best player in the best team, doesn't mean you've been the best player in the league and therefore should win POTY.

on the other hand, salah has either scored/assisted half of Liverpool's top goals in PL this season. take him out and they do sweet f**k all.

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:11pm
RB I did say that I wasnt dismissing the season that KDB is having, all i am saying is that he does have it slightly easier than Salah. the talent he has around him gives him more time on the ball to express himself. he has been phenomenal, i just feel Salah does have the edge, considering it is his first season and playing in a weaker side

Its very frustrating being a Slob
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm
Fair enough, at least you are starting to make some decent arguments towards Salah getting the award.

I couldn’t begrudge him or de Bruyne it, both have been unreal.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:50pm
Salah POTY for me but it will be a close call between him and KDB who also has been sensational and a joy to watch.

No one could have expected Salah to be as good as he has been but fair play to him he has been ridiculously good.

Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:08pm

Probably would yes.

not really no. he hasn't been the difference between citeh winning and losing the league. he's been fantastic to watch, but just because you are the best player in the best team, doesn't mean you've been the best player in the league and therefore should win POTY.

on the other hand, salah has either scored/assisted half of Liverpool's top goals in PL this season. take him out and they do sweet f**k all.

That's something of a separate argument potentially though - influence on your team (or MAP as those pesky yanks would term it). As said when KDB was been given the award on here a couple of months ago, if Salah gets 35 goals, it will be hard to look past him. But I think that's on him producing the best goalscoring performance in premier league history rather than the percentage of Liverpool goals he's scored and where'd they be without him.

*Edit MVP even

Edited by Reildogg - 20 Mar 2018 at 7:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11261127112811291130 1456>
  Share Topic