Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11111112111311141115 1455>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Good result against an average team
Liverpool fans blowing their loads over it. Spoke to a Liverpool fan last night who booked his tickets to Kiev as 'no one wants to play us and we're definitely going all the way'

There is more chance of TJ buying bitcoin on his revolut card than this actually happening!

Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

would our defense hold out against a barca or PSG, not so sure. Only time will tell.
Never mind those two, Spurs have scored six against Liverpool this season (and missed a penalty).

And even if Liverpool are running into great form lately, so are Spurs. 

If Spurs can overcome Juve, I wouldn't be too unhappy to draw them in the last 8.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

would our defense hold out against a barca or PSG, not so sure. Only time will tell.
Never mind those two, Spurs have scored six against Liverpool this season (and missed a penalty).

If Spurs can overcome Juve, I wouldn't be too unhappy to draw them in the last 8.

Well obviously based on the other options: ikely to be Madrid, Barcelona, City, Bayern, (I'll go with Shahktar) and United/Sevilla. Liverpool probably your third choice of 7?
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:10pm

And i would take spurs not a bother
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Well obviously based on the other options: ikely to be Madrid, Barcelona, City, Bayern, (I'll go with Shahktar) and United/Sevilla. Liverpool probably your third choice of 7?
Not sure exactly how to rank them, but probably 2nd or 3rd, yeah.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:25pm

And i would take spurs not a bother
I can understand that

But I saw a fascinating analysis recently which pointed out how Pochettino, when playing top, high pressing teams who have speedy attackers, he now modifies Spurs' own normal pressing game to a "half-pressing" version, which allows the opponent to take the ball into Spurs half, since our defenders are simultaneously able to drop deeper than usual. This makes Spurs much less vulnerable to quick counterattacks and explains eg how two weeks ago, Arsenal had 50% possession in a game where Spurs "murdered them 1-0".

It goes back to what I was saying in the EPL thread about teams needing time to mature, in this case to develop the necessary tactical flexibility.

I'm not sure Liverpool have that just yet (though obviously they can be devastating when their preferred tactics do work), so if we did get past Juve and drew them, I'd still say "Bring it on!" Thumbs Up

Edited by Territorial - 15 Feb 2018 at 3:26pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:33pm
One thing is for sure is that it would be a great two legs.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:39pm

One thing is for sure is that it would be a great two legs.
With you on that!

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Good result against an average team
Liverpool fans blowing their loads over it. Spoke to a Liverpool fan last night who booked his tickets to Kiev as 'no one wants to play us and we're definitely going all the way'

There is more chance of TJ buying bitcoin on his revolut card than this actually happening!

Want to elaborate why? He's that confident of Liverpool going all the way he booked his flights for cheap. Think he's a bit deluded but fair play to him
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 4:46pm
Dano Cleary - of Europa League appearance against Bordeaux fame - signed for Dundalk
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Virgil was excellent again. Lovren looks comfortable beside him too.

Great to see mane back on form. Can only be good for us for the remainder of the season

Only criticism of tonight was that a few times the more difficult pass was chosen on the final third. Liverpool could have won by more

You sound optimistic, even confident of making the next round.

Liverpool now the highest scorers in the competition this season. Not that bad for "headless chicken" football.

LOL

Unlike you, your fellow Liverpool comrade isn't delusional and wouldn't post a juvenile "highest scorers" stat in a competition they're currently playing in and haven't won yet. You only set yourself up for more ridicule if they don't win it. 

TBF Muff, is it any different from a Man United fan bringing up the teams great defensive record in the PL?

I really don't get why people latch on to everything Planning posts up, Liverpool out scoring every other team in the CL is pretty impressive no matter what we look at it whether they'll win it or not is irrelevant right now seeing as we're only at the last 16 stage.

Well I don't speak for what other United fans post on the United thread. Best defensive record  doesn't matter a jot if you're not winning the league at the end of it and as Gavintheslob posted you don't win trphies for being highest scorers. 

But who said otherwise? Confused

Planning brought up an impressive stat, given that stats are used a hell of a lot in modern football what in Gods name is wrong with someone posting up one? Confused

The simple fact is once Planning posts anything numerous posters just latch onto it, very strange imo.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:42pm

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Virgil was excellent again. Lovren looks comfortable beside him too.

Great to see mane back on form. Can only be good for us for the remainder of the season

Only criticism of tonight was that a few times the more difficult pass was chosen on the final third. Liverpool could have won by more

You sound optimistic, even confident of making the next round.

Liverpool now the highest scorers in the competition this season. Not that bad for "headless chicken" football.

LOL

Unlike you, your fellow Liverpool comrade isn't delusional and wouldn't post a juvenile "highest scorers" stat in a competition they're currently playing in and haven't won yet. You only set yourself up for more ridicule if they don't win it. 

TBF Muff, is it any different from a Man United fan bringing up the teams great defensive record in the PL?

I really don't get why people latch on to everything Planning posts up, Liverpool out scoring every other team in the CL is pretty impressive no matter what we look at it whether they'll win it or not is irrelevant right now seeing as we're only at the last 16 stage.

Well I don't speak for what other United fans post on the United thread. Best defensive record  doesn't matter a jot if you're not winning the league at the end of it and as Gavintheslob posted you don't win trphies for being highest scorers. 

But who said otherwise? Confused

Planning brought up an impressive stat, given that stats are used a hell of a lot in modern football what in Gods name is wrong with someone posting up one? Confused

The simple fact is once Planning posts anything numerous posters just latch onto it, very strange imo.

Planning's M.O. is to use stats when it suits and ignore all other context. It's a predictable juvenile approach that he uses whether he's defending Klopp,Dalglish and his messiah Trapattoni. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:32pm

They spend so much time telling me I'm wrong, that they just hate it when I'm right, so post up this stuff up in response.

I never said Liverpool would win the competition, I just said the team are currently the highest scorers in it, which of course is correct.

With the tie over, I guess TV3 are now planning to show the PSG v Real return leg, and duly see the massive viewing figures they get when showing Liverpool games, go to eirsport instead.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:18pm
Big statement win for them. Another cracker from Salah. 

On the highlights show it said Milner ahs the most assists in the competition, does he play lots of Chamaions League games but no league games? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:54pm
No action to be taken against firmino. Surprise surprise.

Anyone reckon played the race card or maybe he picked him up wrong
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:43am
Probably picked him up wrong.
Holgate escapes with very little criticism or punishment for a nasty act which could have been very dangerous

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:17am
Thats what i would hope

As if players started using the race card where there is no evidence of it, it will devalue future claims of actual racism
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 4:42pm
2nd
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11111112111311141115 1455>
  Share Topic