You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10591060106110621063 1459>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:38pm
Cup game against the Bluesh*te scheduled for a Friday night - Rubbish.

Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Spartak were pure muck, and were punished badly for showing a bad attitude. How on earth pool drew in moscow against this lot.
Still can't get over that, even more so after last night.
According to the BBC, Spartak were extremely confident going into the match at Anfield that they could win it. Can't remember exactly why, but I think it was something about having "identified weaknesses" from the Moscow game... LOL
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Now, and the next number of years as the TV money they have is giving them a huge edge

Barca and Madrid will always be massive teams with huge financial power.

They will always have that allure and history to attract the top top players. 

English clubs will never have that. They can match the pay but the top players want more!
Much as it pains me to admit it, but Man U have the "allure and history", too. The problem is that this is not enough if you don't have a team to match as well, as MU have lacked over the last few years.

Indeed, you could even argue that Liverpool had it too, before a quarter of a century of (relative) on-field failure eroded it, possibly for good. (See eg Ajax or Benfica for earlier examples)
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Spartak were pure muck, and were punished badly for showing a bad attitude. How on earth pool drew in moscow against this lot.
Still can't get over that, even more so after last night.
According to the BBC, Spartak were extremely confident going into the match at Anfield that they could win it. Can't remember exactly why, but I think it was something about having "identified weaknesses" from the Moscow game... LOL
I'll be honest and admit I wasn't sure what to expect before last night's game considering Liverpool's Keystone Cops style defending. I wasn't even taking anything for granted when it was 3-0 early on bearing on mind the f**k-up in Seville a couple of weeks ago and only started to relax when the 4th went in and Spartak players' heads dropped.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Cup game against the Bluesh*te scheduled for a Friday night - Rubbish.

Looks like there will be more rescheduling to do, once the H&S heads look out their windows tomorrow.

The White Christmas has arrived early in the north west, with up to 10cms forecast before ko. They won't let the game(s) take place in those circumstances, and Sky will have to plug something else instead.

Edited by planning - 09 Dec 2017 at 3:21pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 4:13pm
Some performance by Jurgen Flopp

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Some performance by Jurgen Flopp

Bipolar Boss
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:48am
Stupid team selection again as it was against Chelsea, 2 points thrown away. Want to rest players then do it against WBA & Bournemouth in the next 2 games, not a derby one.
The penalty is a stonewall one, the only reason he's arguing against it is to deflect attention away from the team selection
With Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea all dropping points a win yesterday would've been a huge result

Understand the rotation policy with so many games but just think he's picking the wrong ones to do it in.
Some people just deserve a slap
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:00am
I didn't agree with the team selection beforehand but we battered them and should have been well clear before the penalty, so i dont blame klopp on that. what i do blame him for is taking off Salah who was by far and away our most threatening player at 1-0. when the pen was scored who is the player you would want on the pitch the most right now, Salah and he was tucked up on the bench

also a worrying stat, 5 times now this season Liverpool have gone on to draw after being in a winning position at 70 minutes. Haven't scored a single winner in the last 20 mins all season.

A needless 10 Points dropped
Its very frustrating being a Slob
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Stupid team selection again as it was against Chelsea, 2 points thrown away. Want to rest players then do it against WBA & Bournemouth in the next 2 games, not a derby one.
The penalty is a stonewall one, the only reason he's arguing against it is to deflect attention away from the team selection
With Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea all dropping points a win yesterday would've been a huge result

Understand the rotation policy with so many games but just think he's picking the wrong ones to do it in.
this, spot on.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:17am
Porto. Have to be happy with that.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:20am
Absolutely.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:38am
Porto is a good draw, however sometimes Liverpool are better off playing one of the big sides

2nd leg at anfield.
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:47pm
As good a draw as could've hoped for but will still be tough
Some people just deserve a slap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:53pm
Only saw bit of the derby, he's been rotating players and still winning and Firmino has played a lot, but Coutinhio missed the start of the season, he missed games as he was injured so he's fresh and he scored a hat trick during the week. 

But can Kloop be blamed for Mane been a clown and not passing to one of three players to make it 2-0
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Only saw bit of the derby, he's been rotating players and still winning and Firmino has played a lot, but Coutinhio missed the start of the season, he missed games as he was injured so he's fresh and he scored a hat trick during the week. 

But can Kloop be blamed for Mane been a clown and not passing to one of three players to make it 2-0

I would have hooked Solanke and Mane before Salah in the second half.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:10pm
I'd have taken off Coutinho and Salah against Spartak and then let them play the 90 against Everton, or at least play them until the win was more or less confirmed.

From what I can see Coutinho has only played 9 league games out of 16.

He hardly needs to be rested.

Edited by horsebox - 11 Dec 2017 at 2:11pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:20pm
9 games haha. All the clubs have loads of games in December but still, start them and sub them off if they need a rest once games are won 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10591060106110621063 1459>
  Share Topic