Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10291030103110321033 1455>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 6:30am
Don't think there's any replacement Liverpool could get for Coutinho, he is that good. I reckon if the club decide to sell him, it could be the beginning of the end of Klopps times there. I don't actually think they will sell him though, it makes no sense. 

It's absolutely hilarious to hear pundit after pundit say, 'sure they have to sell, it's pointless to keep a player who is that unhappy'. Yet there are numerous examples of players who had transfers refused who went onto have a very good season straight after. Remember that chap called Luis Suarez who was mad to move on in the summer of 2013, he did alright the following season when the dust settled. Only managed 31 goals in 33 league games in what was one of the most incredible individual seasons I've ever watched in England.

Obviously they are very different players, but imo Coutinho is irreplaceable as Suarez was then. I think they'll keep Coutinho and VVD will be a Liverpool player in a couple weeks time also. I see mahrez being mentioned above, amazed to see so few teams willing to break the bank for him. Outstanding player.
Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:03am
Well we are going to have to think of a replacement at some stage, as he will defo be on his bike next year. by the looks of things we could get Draxler, Mahrez and Chamberlain and may even have some change. I would love him to stay but if he wants to go we must let him. Suarez is a different case as it was only arsenal chasing him. this is Barca, a club all south americans dream of playing for.

We cant keep coutinho against his will and then expect to sign VVD
Its very frustrating being a Slob
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:18am
Coutinho is nowhere near the level Suarez was at, Mane is Liverpools best player anyway.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Coutinho is nowhere near the level Suarez was at, Mane is Liverpools best player anyway.

agree, mane is pool's best player. countinho is a little selfish f**ker who would rather shoot from 40 out than make the right pass. the amount of attacks he wastes for pool is unreal. replacement-wise, PSG have quite a lot of talent sitting there that won't get a game. the likes of lucas moura, draxler (according to the papers, he won't get any game), and pastore.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:17am
Draxler supposedly available for 32m

Sell Coutinho get him in instead.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Draxler is not better than Coutinho in my opinion so this would be s stupid move.
Pointless selling Coutinho at this stage.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Draxler is not better than Coutinho in my opinion so this would be s stupid move.
Pointless selling Coutinho at this stage.

I never said he was better or worse then him.

Coutinho obviously doesn't want to be there.  Barcelona have offered 100+m for him sell him

For a third of that price you can get a World Cup Winner (albeit he only played something like 15 minutes), a player who is 2 years younger then Coutinho and has massive potential one which Klopp was very interested in signing when at Dormund but of course Schalke were never going to sell to a direct rival
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 12:45pm
Liverpool should sell Coutinho, especailly @ 125m.

No doubt he is a quality player but too inconsistent and injury prone, and his heart is elsewhere too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 12:49pm
We don't have an offer of 125m though, not even close.

He'd have to win a Balon D'or to get some of the money. (in the era of Messi and Ronaldo!)

They've offered 82 up front and are rightly being laughed away
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 12:54pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 1:01pm
When I say we don't have an offer of 125m I mean I'm fully aware of the "bids" they've made including the above. There has been a fourth one rejected also.

I'm saying that a package of 125m with crazy clauses  isn't worth entertaining, it's basically the 82m stg up front and it won't be worth much more considering the decline Barce are in.

When they come up with 125m up front I'd talk to them....maybe
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

When I say we don't have an offer of 125m I mean I'm fully aware of the "bids" they've made including the above. There has been a fourth one rejected also.

I'm saying that a package of 125m with crazy clauses  isn't worth entertaining, it's basically the 82m stg up front and it won't be worth much more considering the decline Barce are in.

When they come up with 125m up front I'd talk to them....maybe

didn't know you were in charge of transfers at Liverpool
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 1:56pm
With or without him, Liverpool still need a few players in

Centre Back, couple of midfielders and they still need someone is going to score them 20-25 league goals a season

City
Utd
Chelsea
Spurs 
Arsenal

they all have them and in a lot of cases they have 2

i can see Emre Can leaving too, maybe even big Divock

Edited by Gavintheslob - 21 Aug 2017 at 1:56pm
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:35pm
I disagree with the need for a 20-25 goal striker : More than enough goals in the team already.
A Centre back has to be the priority. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:44pm
Arrived up to my seat on Saturday - My season ticket is in the upper main stand and is right behind the radio commentary area - and sat right in front of me was a certain Joseph Barton.
As you can imagine, the fact that he was there at all annoyed some people : The word knobhead got a fair amount of use before the game even started. Then during the game, every time Palace had a chance, he was up off his seat, arms everywhere. If he is going to be there for most of the season with Talksport then it's only a matter of time before somebody says something to him. Hope he is there for the derby !

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:14pm

sounds like barton acting like a true everton fan, unlike carragher and gerrard...

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

sounds like barton acting like a true everton fan, unlike carragher and gerrard...

Gerrard was never a bluenose
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Gerrard was never a bluenose

nope, and this isn't him in his full everton kit as a kid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10291030103110321033 1455>
  Share Topic