Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List of things to improve the forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 9:42am
Old thread I know but Ignore button needed

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Jun 2017 at 9:42am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:47pm
A limit on posts per day perhaps?

Seem's to be some amount of nonsense posted for the sake of it, threads being brought up with silly links, transfer stories that we all know about, silly recycled jokes, blatant spamming etc?

The ignore button is a must imo 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Seem's to be some amount of nonsense posted for the sake of it, threads being brought up with silly links, transfer stories that we all know about, silly recycled jokes, blatant spamming etc?

Are we talking about Grubar here LOL

ROTW section is basically 'Linked with story which never actually happens' except Celtic thread and the section totally dead now, unsurprisingly LOL

It's like reading Teletext back in the 90's.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

ROTW section is basically 'Linked with story which never actually happens' except Celtic thread and the section totally dead now, unsurprisingly LOL

Just in general mate, like some posters are commenting on everything literally for the sake of it.

Blatant spamming with sh*t jokes is creeping back in a lot too Dead

There should be a transfer thread and everything be it rumours, something you've made up, confirmed transfers etc should all be dumped in it. 

RTG can be very lawless but the ignore button works superbly. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:09pm
The quality of posts have definitely gone down the last 2 month. You'd think ever since SByrne f**ked off they'd go better, but it's been the opposite LOL

Club specific threads in the ROTW section are absolute aids, all just contain the same sh*te "linked with" "rumoured this" atleast the Man Utd thread has a niche of Moleman taking on the entire thread, even if he's wrong on the statement LOL

I can tolerate spammy type of stuff in the Whatever section, unless it's Grubar who's very strange, never posted anything offensive, but strange nonetheless.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:11pm

The quality of posts have definitely gone down the last 2 month. You'd think ever since SByrne f**ked off they'd go better, but it's been the opposite LOL

Club specific threads in the ROTW section are absolute aids, all just contain the same sh*te "linked with" "rumoured this" atleast the Man Utd thread has a niche of Moleman taking on the entire thread, even if he's wrong on the statement LOL

I can tolerate spammy type of stuff in the Whatever section, unless it's Grubar who's very strange, never posted anything offensive, but strange nonetheless.

A lot of good posters have simply stopped posting which is a shame and it's because of the blatant spamming, sh*te jokes, transfer stories with links etc.

All very simple things that can be ironed out....

I rarely post much myself anymore because the standard of conversation is gone to sh*t on most threads. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:34am

Just in general mate, like some posters are commenting on everything literally for the sake of it.

Blatant spamming with sh*t jokes is creeping back in a lot too Dead

There should be a transfer thread and everything be it rumours, something you've made up, confirmed transfers etc should all be dumped in it. 

RTG can be very lawless but the ignore button works superbly. 
I have a look at a fair few club forums over the course of a season, RTG must be the worst of them and by some way as well, although Blackburn fans are pretty deluded!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:59am
There's hardly any football being played at the moment. Only the domestic league, which is barely followed, the Confederations Cup & U21 Euro's. There's hardly anything to talk about football related. It's always quiet in here at this time. It's also over two months to the next Ireland match. 

I agree with a lot of what you're saying GD, I've no interest in clicking onto threads and it's just link after link of transfer rumours and the same one or two people posting absolute nothing but there's not really a lot happening. I'd say one the Champions League qualifiers start and one or two big transfers happen, it will pick up again.

We can all look forward to a cameo appearance from SA in a months time telling us why United will win the league, then resurfacing around Christmas time to tell us that United are right on track in 7th place and that anybody who knows their ball can see that being in 7th place is the best position to be in at the halfway point.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:29am
Would be cool if there was a notification of when you got a reply to something i know you have the email option but it could be something added to the main toolbar

Something similar to the above which is part of a Newcastle Forum I'm a member of
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:33am
Every other forum I am on has that, most also have a proper like and dislike feature which saves a lot on unnecessary posts.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Every other forum I am on has that, most also have a proper like and dislike feature which saves a lot on unnecessary posts.

I think it's a simple feature which would lead to better communication on the forum and better debate most of the time, some debates are never followed up on because you have no notification unless you select the email feature even then who regularly checks their email I'd imagine also it would go to SPAM.

The dislike feature while it has it's benefits I think is dangerous as it may lead abuse.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:43am

A lot of good posters have simply stopped posting which is a shame and it's because of the blatant spamming, sh*te jokes, transfer stories with links etc.

All very simple things that can be ironed out....

I rarely post much myself anymore because the standard of conversation is gone to sh*t on most threads. 

Shut the f**k up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I think it's a simple feature which would lead to better communication on the forum and better debate most of the time, some debates are never followed up on because you have no notification unless you select the email feature even then who regularly checks their email I'd imagine also it would go to SPAM.

The dislike feature while it has it's benefits I think is dangerous as it may lead abuse.
It never really does though and even if it did, you would want extraordinarily thin skin to be perturbed by it.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 10:15am
The notification option definitely a good option to have. Saves having to plough through old threads to see if a reply was given etc. Plus at times you forget where you may have commented on.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:54am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

It never really does though and even if it did, you would want extraordinarily thin skin to be perturbed by it.

This would be good.

Maybe "agree" and "do not agree" if people would get upset by a "dislike" button.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 12:15pm
I think agree and disagree would be better.

FYI I wouldn't be a poster who would take offense to a dislike LOL
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 5:13pm
Was it not mentioned that the forum could not be updated for new stuff due to the web design company finishing up its contract or something along them lines ?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 5:30pm

What about banning posters from threads where they continually make the same point over and over again? 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic