Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Limit on PM's per hour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limit on PM's per hour
    Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 7:40am
Was talking to Steve Amsterdam about the fact that you can only send 10 PM's per hour.

Steve found it very frustrating when organising things for Moscow, in the early days but being the clever lad he is he had asked people for e-mail addresses.

I found the same thing when replying to people for the Brat - Zilina train last October (jaysus is it that long ago Shocked )

Is there any way it could be changed to allow you send a total of say 100 and then you have to clear your out box. The same could also be applied to the inbox
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 7:56am
stops spammers aido, so limited to 10. can be increased but to what is acceptable really? 20/30?

+ 50 mails in your inbox for a forum is plenty of space. this takes up space on the DB which costs loot especially as there re lads who dont delete their inboxes
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 8:10am
Fair enough Count. Just a thing myself and Aido were wondering about as it can be frustrating at times. Same goes with the inbox. People sending me request for the buses etc and want to keep them as I might need to reference to it etc. But 'we'll just grin and bear it for the greater good Smile
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Fair enough Count. Just a thing myself and Aido were wondering about as it can be frustrating at times. Same goes with the inbox. People sending me request for the buses etc and want to keep them as I might need to reference to it etc. But 'we'll just grin and bear it for the greater good Smile

problem is ye cant increase it for certail members or groups Steve as that would be the best way, ie mods, yourself etc but cant be done. same boat re tickets etc but its easier to sort in you email box anyway as no functioanlity in pm box
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

stops spammers aido, so limited to 10. can be increased but to what is acceptable really? 20/30?

+ 50 mails in your inbox for a forum is plenty of space. this takes up space on the DB which costs loot especially as there re lads who dont delete their inboxes

I'm a great believer in the great and the good Wink
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 10:17am
vbulletin can allocate every user a different quantity. The licence is there free of charge as I'm not ever going to use it again.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 6:07am
this is seriously effecting my stalking
David Agtista Eager View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Agtista Eager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:53am
I think there should be limit of 7 pm's per hour
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic