You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Treaty FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 6:36pm
heard there are horror stories about Sean Connor but haven’t actually had someone able to tell me what they are. Anyone want to enlighten me? He’s set to take over Limerick next week, not as manager. 
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 7:15pm
Wages for March only received yesterday and wages for April were due today but none were received. Hopefully the players take a stand or at least put in a half arsed effort and Bray run up a cricket score. I'd rather the club just folds at this stage than continue under O'Sullivan or that scumbag Sean Connor. A lot of fans not happy so hopefully nobody bothers their arse shown up anymore and giving money to the club who were happy to take money off one group while talking behind their backs with Sean Connor and his group.

Edited by J89 - 03 May 2019 at 7:16pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:08pm
Absolutely done with the club until there is a clear out of the w**kers at the top. After Sean Russell speaking out about a €4500 hospital bill being billed to himself and not the club, he revealed on off the ball that a club representative contacted him saying there is a solicitor's letter on the way to him. He is also still awaiting his expenses from March from the club. Would make you sick.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 8:58pm
Gardai at training today... Nice... Cry
Touts Out!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 9:07pm
Club is gone anyway. Pat O'Sullivan will never get another licence and Noel Mooney has even come and said they're looking at talking to others in the area about replacing Pat O'Sullivan's Limerick.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 10:00am
Flaming Eck Even their own fans were in on it! Paul Reynolds the RTE Crime Correspondent is even down there Shocked

nvestigation into alleged match fixing in some League of Ireland soccer matches

Updated / Wednesday, 4 Sep 2019 06:32
Bets were made on teams losing matches by a specified number of goals Bets were made on teams losing matches by a specified number of goals

An investigation is under way into allegations of match fixing in League of Ireland soccer matches this year.

Detectives are examining unusual betting patterns in a number of matches where they suspect deliberate fouls may have been committed to ensure one team lost and money was paid out.

Gardaí carried out a number of searches at a sports ground in the south of the country last night.

The Football Association of Ireland is aware of the investigation which has been under way for a number of months.

The Garda National Economic Crime Bureau began the investigation after unusual betting patterns were reported to it in relation to a number of League of Ireland soccer matches.

Gardaí viewed games and suspect that deliberate fouls may have been committed which ensured that players were sent off and their teams then lost the games.

The bets were made on these teams losing the games by a certain number of goals, more than one, and money was paid out on the result.

Detectives also noticed that large numbers of home fans in one part of the country were successfully betting against their own team to lose.

This occurred in a number of games and suspicions arose that the matches had been fixed and that those placing the bets knew beforehand what the score would be.

Last night, gardaí from the Economic Crime Bureau along with local detectives acting under a warrant searched a sports ground in the south of the country and took away evidential material.

They also spoke to a number of players and staff.

Gardaí say they are investigating potential conspiracy to defraud and corruption offences

The FAI said last night it is aware of the investigation and it is understood that UEFA has also been informed.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:22pm
Jaysus. We (Shels) played them at Tolka Park earlier this season and won 1-0, their keeper had an absolute world class game to keep it at that score. Wonder if he had the correct score backed LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 7:33pm
Their game against Cobh was supposed to have been fixed.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Jaysus. We (Shels) played them at Tolka Park earlier this season and won 1-0, their keeper had an absolute world class game to keep it at that score. Wonder if he had the correct score backed LOL

That game was actually 2-0 but yeah he was pulling off some worldy saves alright that night, the 1-0 win for ye was in the markets field. That's one of the games the 2-0 win for ye, the 3-2 win against Cobh is the second game they say was fixed and think Hendo left Cobh after that plus the Sligo game being the most recent and final game.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

That game was actually 2-0 but yeah he was pulling off some worldy saves alright that night, the 1-0 win for ye was in the markets field. That's one of the games the 2-0 win for ye, the 3-2 win against Cobh is the second game they say was fixed and think Hendo left Cobh after that plus the Sligo game being the most recent and final game.

Sorry you're right it was 2-0. Brady obviously wasn't in on the bet so, he was immense that night
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:41pm
Limerick going to the wall according to the irish independent? 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:53pm
shame on the fans in Limerick, how the f**k a city that size can’t support one football team is depressing. 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 2:58pm
It's a huge junior football town. They just don't give a sh*te about Senior football at all which is a real pity, the big clubs have no interest in stepping up to intermediate either, it's really insular.  
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 3:03pm
Football in this country is a laughing stock
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:11pm
Absolutely gutted. While small in numbers , there was a passionate cohort of supporters in the city . I have been going to games since the age of 8 and next season would have been my 17th consecutive season going to games. During that time we had a few different phoenix clubs and always seemed to at least get a team representing the city. Having no League of Ireland club next season is a right kick in the stones 
just hit the fecking thing
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:52pm
Sad to hear.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 3:38pm
Obviously my sympathies to seeing Limerick go under "but" why are the people running these clubs not learning how to manage their clubs properly by cutting their cloth to measure?

These clubs should be focusing on improving their facilities, pumping as much money as they can into grassroots and developing their coaches and underage talent with the hope of seeing their top talent either move to England or break into their first team.

Buying your way to "success" in the LOI is completely unsustainable yet so many clubs continue to fall into the trap year after year.

Offer your better younger players who are on lowish wages 2 or 3 year deals and stop giving the so called big names 1 year contracts on huge wages in LOI terms in the hope of chasing instant success.

It's not as if the LOI is like Serie A or La Liga where managers are fired on the back of 2 or 3 bad results, I'm sure any club with a proper business/football model could punch above their weight without risking the future of the club.

Edited by Green Devil - 13 Dec 2019 at 3:40pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

shame on the fans in Limerick, how the f**k a city that size can’t support one football team is depressing. 

Yeah shame on the people of Limerick for not supporting an egomaniac like Pat O'Sullivan, can add retiring Sean Russell to his list of achievements.

I’ve always dreaded the Day I’d have to stop playing football, just never taught it would come so soon. My health physically and mentally needs to take priority and unfortunately il be unable to continue playing the game I love..1/2
3:23 PM · Dec 17, 2019 from South Dublin, Ireland·Twitter for iPhone

Edited by J89 - 17 Dec 2019 at 5:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic