You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Treaty FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 12:15pm
"I came to do a specific job: to help the club maintain its Premier status, to thin the squad out as it was top-heavy and to give the young players a chance – I’d like to think that I achieved all three."

This quote from McDonald is laughable. 

1. "to help the club maintain its Premier status" Keep in mind we were 3 points off Europe when McDonald took over, compare this to what he said his goals for the season were when he first took over:
"The immediate aim is to win the next game and then the game after that to see if we can possibly get into that top three and have a strong season here."
"I don't see why we can't make Europe. They (Limerick) are only three points off the European places at the moment. I'm looking forward to putting a team together and putting my stamp on the team."

2. "to thin the squad out as it was top-heavy" He got rid of Sean Kelly, Robbie Williams and Paul O'Conor, 3 of probably the 5/6 most important players on our team, a move which 100% ruined our chances of making Europe and led to us being dragged into a relegation battle.

3. "to give the young players a chance" The 1 new young player he gave a chance was Barry Cotter, a player that should be nowhere near the LOI and with the worst attitude problems I've ever seen.

Edited by The White Cafu - 04 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

"I came to do a specific job: to help the club maintain its Premier status, to thin the squad out as it was top-heavy and to give the young players a chance – I’d like to think that I achieved all three."

This quote from McDonald is laughable. 

1. "to help the club maintain its Premier status" Keep in mind we were 3 points off Europe when McDonald took over, compare this to what he said his goals for the season were when he first took over:
"The immediate aim is to win the next game and then the game after that to see if we can possibly get into that top three and have a strong season here."
"I don't see why we can't make Europe. They (Limerick) are only three points off the European places at the moment. I'm looking forward to putting a team together and putting my stamp on the team."

2. "to thin the squad out as it was top-heavy" He got rid of Sean Kelly, Robbie Williams and Paul O'Conor, 3 of probably the 5/6 most important players on our team, a move which 100% ruined our chances of making your up and led to us being dragged into a relegation battle.

3. "to give the young players a chance" The 1 new young player he gave a chance was Barry Cotter, a player that should be nowhere near the LOI and with the worst attitude problems I've ever seen.

LOL a brilliant auto-correct.

Agree with PM, only in the LOI could such a debate happen.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm
We were 4th at the end of April.  We drew in Buncrana and Tallaght that week and certainly coming out of Tallaght were not talking relegation.  

We had taken one point from the first 2 games in May before he took over but Europe was still a possibility at that stage.  

A section of our support decided from an early stage that he was a spoofer.  Some of us took a bit longer to see the truth.  
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:39pm
Rumours suggesting Trevor Croly will be announced as our new manager in the coming days. Brilliant news if true.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:54am
Pat O'Sullivan confirms he is in talks with a number of parties to sell the club.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:05am

Pat O'Sullivan confirms he is in talks with a number of parties to sell the club.

No surprise to be honest
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:23am

Rumours suggesting Trevor Croly will be announced as our new manager in the coming days. Brilliant news if true.

Is he giving up the day job?
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:57pm

Decent coach - couldn't manage a fart though.
MarkDev View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:06am
Tommy Barrett is the new manager
Limerick your a Lady!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:09pm
Shows how stuck for money we are, nice to see a local fella given a chance and hope he does well but we needed to bring a more experienced manager in.
MarkDev View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:49pm
16 training this morning in UL. ALot of young faces. I'd say ogbene will be sold soon to provide a cash injection. Talks of Conor Ellis going back to cork.
Limerick your a Lady!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm
Any new faces?? Ellis back to cork would be a sickener but can you blame him.
Local lads Joel Coustrain and Ronan Coughlan impressed massively for Rovers at the weekend are expected to sign for them. These are players we should be doing everything to get to sign for us. Joel was on trial with us last season after coming back from Raith and we wouldn't sign him.
Looking like we'll have half a squad of 19s for the season and surprised Tommy took the job as who wants to be relegated in their first season as a professional manager.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm

Local lads Joel Coustrain and Ronan Coughlan impressed massively for Rovers at the weekend are expected to sign for them. These are players we should be doing everything to get to sign for us. Joel was on trial with us last season after coming back from Raith and we wouldn't sign him.
Looking like we'll have half a squad of 19s for the season and surprised Tommy took the job as who wants to be relegated in their first season as a professional manager.

Is this the lad who was with Huddersfield? Garbhan Coughlan's brother?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Is this the lad who was with Huddersfield? Garbhan Coughlan's brother?

Thats the one.

Edited by The White Cafu - 15 Jan 2018 at 3:17pm
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 11:03pm
Eoin Wearen has been training with you the last few weeks.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by MarkDev MarkDev wrote:

16 training this morning in UL. ALot of young faces. I'd say ogbene will be sold soon to provide a cash injection. Talks of Conor Ellis going back to cork.

Do ye think you would get much for him.
He has trails across the water if I remember right.
MarkDev View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:16pm
Color Ellis and Eoin Wearan signed for Limerick today
Limerick your a Lady!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:28pm
Ellis a great player. Did very well for Ramblers when he was with us.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
  Share Topic