FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLights at Croke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 5:43am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anybody but the Dubs, grrr Angry. Jealous.

How could you be jealous of a team who haven't won sam since '95?! Or a team that bring a few thousand loyal supporters to away league games and then suddenly 60 odd thousand show up in Croker in the summer?! WinkLOL

Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 5:43am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Erimus, it's the 125th anniversary of the GAA, what do you want them to do? Hand out loaves of bread to north inner city families instead?!

LOLClap
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 5:48am

How could you be jealous of a team who haven't won sam since '95?! Or a team that bring a few thousand loyal supporters to away league games and then suddenly 60 odd thousand show up in Croker in the summer?! WinkLOL

Well said Hug
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 6:47am
Heard a guy from GAA on radio this morning. The tickets are €5 extra than normal league matches, theres a surcharge for the entertainment which is fair enough. I expect there to be alot of neutrals at the match who are there for the entertainment fireworks/mundy and whatever. Gaa got it right in my opinion, basically costing them nothing to put the show on to celebrate 125 years of an unbelieveably successful organisation.  Fair play, alot of companies/organisations could learn alot from GAA. ClapClap
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 6:50am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Heard a guy from GAA on radio this morning. The tickets are €5 extra than normal league matches, theres a surcharge for the entertainment which is fair enough. I expect there to be alot of neutrals at the match who are there for the entertainment fireworks/mundy and whatever. Gaa got it right in my opinion, basically costing them nothing to put the show on to celebrate 125 years of an unbelieveably successful organisation.  Fair play, alot of companies/organisations could learn alot from GAA. ClapClap

Sorry mate, but not many other people celebrate during a recession. I Guarantee that money from GAA matches this year will be down this year.

Its too expensive for people from Tyrone and Kerry to travel and pay for ticket in middle of recession!

WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 6:54am
Look at this link for Englands problem selling tickets

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:13am
thats for egg chasing, you couldnt give that shiite away...and the GAA should celebrate its existance, its an integral part of our culture and heritage and a symbol of what we fought for during the war of independance...Let the fireworks begin..meath for Sam
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:18am

WindBag, it's only the England v Italy game that is on general sale at the moment and the prices are scandalous, all the £41 tickets are gone so you're left with either £52, £60, £71 or £85 pound tickets so it's little wonder that they are struggling to sell tickets.

The tickets to Croker on Saturday are €20 in comparison! Plus, the GAA have a great season ticket offer on anyway -

"The base price for the Ticket is €75 which fully covers the following for your county:
7 Allianz GAA National League 2009 round matches

Opening match of GAA Championships

This is a season ticket so you will be automatically charged in advance of every subsequent match that your county plays in the Allianz GAA National League (i.e. the League Final) and the GAA Championships whether you attend or not.

There are a variety of routes to the All-Ireland Final in both codes and the prices for each game along the way do differ. The Season Ticket holder will be charged the adult stand ticket price less €5 for all subsequent matches bar the Provincial Final & the All-Ireland Final when the normal full price will apply."

The GAA aren't stupid, they will take alot of games out of Croker for the Leinster championship or else have double headers on to keep costs down/ticket prices down.
And if you're in Dublin, walk into any pub this evening around 6pm and see for yourself if people are too concerned about a recession!
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:21am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

And if you're in Dublin, walk into any pub this evening around 6pm and see for yourself if people are too concerned about a recession!

I'll give ya that one , very good point !!   Clap
Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:26am
Originally posted by citizenerased citizenerased wrote:

meath for Sam

Meath for Sam ha ha, your lads did okay on your last televised appearance with Tony O’Donoghue on commentary but then again Dublin had only one lad in the midfield that night and he was all over the place on the night. Wink

Edited by Tash Kent - 30 Jan 2009 at 7:27am
Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:32am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Sorry mate, but not many other people celebrate during a recession. I Guarantee that money from GAA matches this year will be down this year.

Its too expensive for people from Tyrone and Kerry to travel and pay for ticket in middle of recession!

Its Dublin & Tyrone but thats only splitting hairs.

Theres a recession on not the end of the world, we are allowed to celebrate & everyone needs some occasion to celebrate to lift us from the doom & gloom of the economy.

For €20 its an absolute bargain and a great way to celebrate the 125 years of the gaa. When the lads started the gaa in thurles all those years ago i dont think they could have imagined how important the GAA has been and is to the irish people.

Edited by Ireland4ever - 30 Jan 2009 at 7:33am
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:34am

Fair play, alot of companies/organisations could learn alot from GAA. ClapClap

Yeah like trying to put clubs from rival sports out of business and stopping children playing the sport because they hear they play the devils sport of "Saccar". Rovers may be a bunch of pikeys but it was unforgivable what the GAA tried to do them.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:43am
Originally posted by gouldinho gouldinho wrote:

Fair play, alot of companies/organisations could learn alot from GAA. ClapClap

Yeah like trying to put clubs from rival sports out of business and stopping children playing the sport because they hear they play the devils sport of "Saccar". Rovers may be a bunch of pikeys but it was unforgivable what the GAA tried to do them.

Thomas Davis wasn't it? Not the GAA as a whole Gouldy
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:45am
im sure they helped out with the court proceedings. Fair play to them but i wont be celebrating there anniversary.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:48am
It was abit over the top of Thomas Davis though !!

Not a fair reflection on the whole of GAA
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:55am

im sure they helped out with the court proceedings. Fair play to them but i wont be celebrating there anniversary.

Gouldy, if you were mugged by a black man or a foreign national, does that make all black men or foreigners muggers?! No, it makes you a racist if you think like that.

Thomas Davis were a shower of c**ts but they are not representative of the modern GAA at all.

As much as we hate the atmosphere or distance from the action at Croke Park, it's a lot better than having to go over to Wales/Liverpool/Manchester/Glasgow to play our home games, and we have the modern GAA to thank for that, even if they are charging a hefty rent.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 8:07am
Look seanie i just wont be celebrating the GAA's anniversary. I havnt been a fan of GAA since i was young. I dont like the way its shoved in my face left right and centre through every media outlet and that it defines your irishness. Nothing against local clubs around the country i think they do aa great job (as long as they dont do what thomas davis did) its the main association and the media which makes me dislikes the thing. It could be just a south east Dublin thing. Here its football or Rugby. I couldnt tell you who the local GAA club is. Not directing this at any one here but if you say your not interested in GAA your irishness seems to get question.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 8:10am

Look seanie i just wont be celebrating the GAA's anniversary. I havnt been a fan of GAA since i was young. I dont like the way its shoved in my face left right and centre through every media outlet and that it defines your irishness. Nothing against local clubs around the country i think they do aa great job (as long as they dont do what thomas davis did) its the main association and the media which makes me dislikes the thing. It could be just a south east Dublin thing. Here its football or Rugby. I couldnt tell you who the local GAA club is. Not directing this at any one here but if you say your not interested in GAA your irishness seems to get question.

Your just sour cause Dublin havent won the All Ireland this century, HAHA!!
Only Joking, all to their own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic