Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:38am
Was at that game and had the same feeling! Thought Stan was God LOL

Republic of Ireland v Sweden

Here is the starting line up

Given
O'Brien (Joey) - Who looked the dogs bollox by the way
O'Brien (Andy)
Dunne
Harte

Guessing the midfield but think it was this -

Duff
O'Shea
Reid
Stephen Elliott

Keane
Doyle

Miller must have come on. Also, did Ireland make his debut in this game??
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:46am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Was at that game and had the same feeling! Thought Stan was God LOL

Republic of Ireland v Sweden

Here is the starting line up

Given

O'Brien (Joey) - Who looked the dogs bollox by the way

O'Brien (Andy)

Dunne

Harte

Guessing the midfield but think it was this -

Duff

O'Shea

Reid

Stephen Elliott

Keane

Doyle

Miller must have come on. Also, did Ireland make his debut in this game??

Also had big hopes for Joey O'Brien and Stephen Elliott......
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 11:19am
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Originally posted by el2nz el2nz wrote:

Remember that goal against Sweden under Stan? I came away from that match thinking we were going to rule the world with that team.

What was the starting line up for that game? Would be interesting to see.
Given (Henderson 48), Joey O'Brien (Miller 61), Andrew O'Brien, Dunne, Harte (Kilbane 61), Elliott (Kavanagh 48), Steven Reid, O'Shea (Ireland 48), Duff, Keane, Doyle (Morrison 68).
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 4:32pm
An absolute coward of a footballer..
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

Curious noun yapster, examples?

I wouldn't exactly brand him a coward myself, plenty other terms maybe.   I'm not sure I'd use wasted talent either, maybe people expected far too much of him when he emerged at Celtic and when he scored that belter under Stan.  Was he really that big of a talent?  History would say absolutely not.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 6:15pm
goes hiding in games when the going gets rough, was nick-named Wendy Millar bu United fans.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 3:24am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

Curious noun yapster, examples?

I wouldn't exactly brand him a coward myself, plenty other terms maybe.   I'm not sure I'd use wasted talent either, maybe people expected far too much of him when he emerged at Celtic and when he scored that belter under Stan.  Was he really that big of a talent?  History would say absolutely not.
I think my two examples of watching him live at different stages of his career prove that
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 3:49am
How do players go from the likes of man Utd to Perth glory ?
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 8:29am
Leaving Celtic when he was still learning and getting more experience , he ditched us to join Man United wrong move!! His career has been on a huge downward spiral ever since!!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 10:49pm
Bit of a random signing but I'm looking forward to seeing him this season over here.

Surprised more Irish lads dont come over and play ball in the A League, especially LOI lads; decent money, better stadiums and quality lifestyle and the standard seems similar enough. 
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 11:20pm

Only seeing this now. Did Hibs want him to stay or what ? If so the lad is basically packing his career in at the age of 30(or thinks he is). I've watched a few A-League games and although it's sh*te in terms of quality, There are some serious passionate fans and it's quite competitive so if Miller thinks he's getting an early holiday well then he would want to keep dreaming.

Sad to see all the same, Like so many footballers the fella seemed to have so much potential but it just hasent happened for him since he left Celtic.

Edited by Carmody 10 - 04 Jun 2011 at 11:28pm
Out of order
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Leaving Celtic when he was still learning and getting more experience , he ditched us to join Man United wrong move!! His career has been on a huge downward spiral ever since!!

career wise you are right but Celtic offered him £800pw and Man utd offered him £25K per week. 
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 4:17am
If you play for Celtic , and man Utd come calling, you are gonna move.

Any of you Celtic fans who think otherwise have had one too many shamrock shakes.
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 7:17pm

Ex-Celtic & Hibs midfielder Liam Miller set for Perth Glory debut.. against his old club

Jun 22 2011 By Gary Ralston

FORMER Hibs star Liam Miller will make his debut for Perth Glory against Celtic on July 9.

The midfielder is one of 10 signings made in the close season by ex-Rangers midfielder Ian Ferguson, now in charge of the Western Australia outfit.

Celtic head Down Under on Monday for games against Glory, FC Sydney and Melbourne Victory over the next fortnight.

And Miller will be guaranteed a hot reception among Celtic fans in the crowd of 15,000 after turning his back on the club in 2004 to sign for Manchester United.

The 30-year-old said: "I got a phone call from the manager in Perth out of the blue one day and he asked me if I would be interested.

"I had a few days to think about it and after speaking with him about the ambition the club has, I thought it would be a great move.

"I felt that this would be a fresh start. It's a new challenge and it's something I'm really looking forward to."

Miller, who has signed a two-year deal, will fly to Perth with his wife and three children in time to take on the Hoops at nib Stadium.

He added: "I can't wait to get into the football over there. I want to do as well as I can to help the lads and the manager and try to impress everyone."

Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 7:08am

I couldn’t say no to Man Utd – ex-Celtic midfielder Miller

08.07.11 | Andrew Slevison

Former Celtic midfielder Liam Miller finds it hard to believe that he still cops stick from the clubs supporters for leaving back in 2004.

The 30-year old, who recently signed a deal with A-League club Perth Glory, departed Parkhead to join Manchester United when he was 23 and for some reason he still gets it from the Hoops faithful.

On the eve of a return bout with Celtic in Perth, Miller has spoken out about his decision to leave for one of the world’s biggest clubs.

"I hope I don't get stick from the Celtic fans,” he said.

"People are entitled to their opinion, that's just the way football is. But I am surprised that I still get a bit of stick.

"Celtic fans always tell me I should have stayed, but I don't have a crystal ball. You can't say no to Manchester United and I didn't.

"It was a great opportunity and while it didn't work out the way I hoped, I have no regrets about leaving Celtic when I did.

"I'm glad I went to United. I've played with some really big clubs since then and I've been delighted at how my career has gone.

"It's pointless thinking of what might have been. It was United and it was impossible to say No."

During his time at Old Trafford, Miller had a loan spell with Leeds United before moving on to Sunderland, QPR and Hibernian prior to joining the Glory.

VitalFootball
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 8:15am

He couldnt say no to Man United??!!

You dont just get your foot in the door at a club like Celtic , then expect to move to Man United and walk into the first team...Even had he stayed for an extra year at Celtic he would of had a better career , pity
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 10:14am

You dont just get your foot in the door at a club like Celtic , then expect to move to Man United and walk into the first team...Even had he stayed for an extra year at Celtic he would of had a better career , pity
Could you? He did the right thing at the time. He wanted bigger and better things.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 5:16am

Always thought he was made look good in an excellent Celtic side.The european games he looked well in were special nights when the opposition were blitzed. He was always a talented ball player but his mental frailties and inability to take a tackle are still there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic