Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller Memorial Match- Tues 25th Sep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 5:10pm
Havnt been in it since Oasis played in the 90s😎
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I was at thatCool
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I was at thatCool
some gig hi.....ProdigyClap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I was at thatCool
some gig hi.....ProdigyClap

14th August 1996
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 7:22pm
was it? Kin ell. I was 17,train down with the lads from the big smokeBig smile
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 7:49pm

I was there for Springsteen in 2013. It was a disaster. They had some stupid queuing system for getting drink where you had to get a ticket for the bar...caused massive queues. At the end they tried to send everyone out the same exit until the guards intervened and opened up some other areas. I'd imagine it's much better now, I'd hope so anyway. 
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

I was there for Springsteen in 2013. It was a disaster. They had some stupid queuing system for getting drink where you had to get a ticket for the bar...caused massive queues. At the end they tried to send everyone out the same exit until the guards intervened and opened up some other areas. I'd imagine it's much better now, I'd hope so anyway. 
I remember that bar setup, the worst I've ever seen. Stadiums usually aren't great for atmosphere at gigs but are easy for bar access and fast pints, but not PUC that day. I was at trnsmt in Glasgow last July, The Strokes were headlining. Best set up for a 40k crowd I've ever seen. Only two bars and only two options, a pint of lager or a pint of cider coming put of machines pouring 40 pints per go. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a pint. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 12:52am
Not connected to Liam RIP but looking for some feedback....I've offered to donate my match ticket from Stuttgart 88 for a local fund raiser with the intention of buying it back. Just wondering how much people would bid for it ? It's all fancy in a presentation box and all. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Not connected to Liam RIP but looking for some feedback....I've offered to donate my match ticket from Stuttgart 88 for a local fund raiser with the intention of buying it back. Just wondering how much people would bid for it ? It's all fancy in a presentation box and all. 
It may be worth more to people on here and you would like to think you could get €700 for it but I see there's an England ticket from euro88 against the USSR for sale for a tenner on eBay.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:21am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Was told that when the stadium was being built, the GAA insisted on using local builders, electricians, plumbers, etc. Which is all well and good, but nobody realised that none of these workers had built a stadium until it was almost complete. They had to bring in workers with experience of stadium construction to redo a lot of it, which led to the delays and spiralling costs.

Well i can tell you Randridge did the electrical there. Obviously most of the labour was from cork but it was a Dublin/Wicklow international company that wired it.

I dont believe that was the case with the delays. A football stadium is fairly basic in construction and i mainly lights and small power. It was most likely the usual reason rather than unskilled workforce. The shower on the electrical are an oil and gas mob so a stadium would be straight forward.

Edited by DubLife - 18 Nov 2022 at 9:24am
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 11:04am
Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

Was told that when the stadium was being built, the GAA insisted on using local builders, electricians, plumbers, etc. Which is all well and good, but nobody realised that none of these workers had built a stadium until it was almost complete. They had to bring in workers with experience of stadium construction to redo a lot of it, which led to the delays and spiralling costs.

Well i can tell you Randridge did the electrical there. Obviously most of the labour was from cork but it was a Dublin/Wicklow international company that wired it.

I dont believe that was the case with the delays. A football stadium is fairly basic in construction and i mainly lights and small power. It was most likely the usual reason rather than unskilled workforce. The shower on the electrical are an oil and gas mob so a stadium would be straight forward.
Indeed they did. 

What really undid Pairc Ui Chaoimh was that whoever laid the pitch made an utter balls of it and they had to dig it up and start again. Set them back months.

They got their budget wrong. That was the biggest issue, not the workforce. They never accounted for problems and when they came they were not ready.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Indeed they did. 

What really undid Pairc Ui Chaoimh was that whoever laid the pitch made an utter balls of it and they had to dig it up and start again. Set them back months.

They got their budget wrong. That was the biggest issue, not the workforce. They never accounted for problems and when they came they were not ready.

Are you a Randridge survivor?

This is what we call the lads as a joke who have worked for them over the years on the continent. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Indeed they did. 

Are you a Randridge survivor?

This is what we call the lads as a joke who have worked for them over the years on the continent. 
No, I know the lad who oversaw the majority of the work there. Got a great behind the scenes tour before it opened and all.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 12:44pm
Was the problem with the pitch they just didn’t do anything with and hopped it would be ok rather than someone making a balls of it?

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Was the problem with the pitch they just didn’t do anything with and hopped it would be ok rather than someone making a balls of it?

I have a picture on my phone I took from the roof of Pairc Ui Chaoimh from about 2 days after the first game played on it. All you can see down one touch line is where the tractor drove to cut it and dragged every blade of grass up off the pitch. I'm told it was a combination of people making a balls of it. Cheap grass, wrong equipment and unskilled labour.

Edit: Found it!

Edited by ShamtheRam - 18 Nov 2022 at 3:12pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I remember that bar setup, the worst I've ever seen. Stadiums usually aren't great for atmosphere at gigs but are easy for bar access and fast pints, but not PUC that day. I was at trnsmt in Glasgow last July, The Strokes were headlining. Best set up for a 40k crowd I've ever seen. Only two bars and only two options, a pint of lager or a pint of cider coming put of machines pouring 40 pints per go. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a pint. 

Good to hear...going to it for a stag this summer
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 7:47am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Good to hear...going to it for a stag this summer
If they swap Sam Fender for Pulp I'd head up for the Saturday but not worth it for the two days. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 8:58pm
i'm going the friday and sunday. Stag party are going to the gigs just on the sunday and beering in glasgow on saturday. I'm coming over a day early to see Pulp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic