Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's make Aviva a cauldron of noise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> The Poles (and many other Eastern European countries) have an 'Ultra' culture. Its not just a case of turning up to a game and singing. These guys live and breathe the Ultra culture and its all hugely well orchestrated and organised. 
</span>

They also have a culture of going to games, week in, week out. The vast majority of Irish fans don't.

Great point a lot of irish people are event junkies, the galway races would be another example most that attend would not be at another meeting for the rest of the year, yes we a have a hardcore set of fans but are in the minority I feel.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Trap for Pope Trap for Pope wrote:

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Jaysus will yiz give over with the f**king Dropkick Murphys. Sh1te band, sh1te songs and not even Irish. Don't know why people are giving out about music after a goal, you should be immersed in the euphoria anyway. 

As the players are walking out it simply has to be 'Put Em Under Pressure'. The haunting 'Ole, Ole Ole' at the start is brilliant. They played it in Croker before the France playoff game and the roof nearly came off that night. What people don't seem to realise is that the Singing Section is still in its infancy and will only get better as time goes on. The Poles (and many other Eastern European countries) have an 'Ultra' culture. Its not just a case of turning up to a game and singing. These guys live and breathe the Ultra culture and its all hugely well orchestrated and organised. 

One suggestion I would have is to drop the name 'Singing Section'. It doesn't give the area an identity nor is it intimidating for the want of a better word. Something along the lines of what Panathinaikos do and call it "Gate 115" or something along those lines. Also maybe try and get another designated area in another location of the ground which does what the current Singing Section does. That way the two groups can work together and takes the atmosphere to a different part of the ground

Great idea re: spreading the SS. Target pockts of the Upper tiers, advertise it and see how it goes. A good announcer and use of the big screen with Put em under and the place would be rocking.Montage of our greatest moments for pre game too, surely the FAI would want to improve this, literally no downside to trying a few new ideas...

They seem to be trying to improve things, i personally think. Those flags just didnt do the job, v Estonia we had the stadium green they were on the seats everywhere not sure if that was the FAI or 3 or whoever but it looked fantastic, but v Scotland surely has to be the biggest match in 3-4 years. That followed by sorting the music order out, and to pick up on your point using the big screens.
We defiantly need fellas who are willing to start a few chants in other parts of the stadium also, god knows how many Scots will come over. It'll be less then the Pols anyway considering 90% of them live here.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 6:41am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

A large majority of Irish know the words to 'Oro se do Bheatha Bhaile' i don't think they're be much of an issue chanting that unless you've 0 understanding of Irish. 

The problem in the Aviva is people won't sing along they feel uneasy about the hole thing and before kick off. Compared to away games we're its more the 'hardcore' fans like myself who travel to Georgia, Scotland and so on. 

I can't believe our lack of chants in Dublin yet in Glasgow we were going through a wolfe tones playlist and sounded brilliant.

SB If there's a will there's a way

As for away games the number of songs in the ground is pretty much the same - 2-3 max

As for the Wolfe tone songbook ffs half would be inappropriate as well you know

Edited by Newryrep - 31 Mar 2015 at 6:42am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 9:15am
1) The amount of time spent on here moaning about what song they play over the PA is ridiculous. It's a f**king song.

2) The singing section is well and truely spreading. Sunday night, the entire South Stand was on its feet the entire game. If we can spread it little by little over time it will look fantastic. 

3) Sunday night there was a section of Premium over 115 that looked fantastic. Irish fans on their feet shouting/ jumping as much as the lower south. Not sure who they were or why they were there but fair play.

4) The Irish fans, south stand included, is very dark. Whenever you looked around the ground, the Poles had red tops on, be it a red jacket or their jersey on over a jumper. The bulk of the Irish had a Ireland jersey covered by a black/navy jacket. It's a little thing but if everyone took it upon themselves to make sure the top half of them was wearing green at the outside it would look great.

5) Agreed that the words "Singing Section" makes me cringe.
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 10:44am
I was in the upper west and at least 3/4 times during most people stood up and gave it socks - 1st time I ave seen this .I work with a polish guy who was in the away end. He said there was a lot noise from the Irish end especially in the second half.  
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 3:58pm
Its all very well playing put em under pressure etc but if we start plating like we did in the 2nd half on Sunday the roar will be back.
Its all down to what's happening on the pitch. Fireworks and flares etc dim very quickly when we are terrible.

I didn't miss a match under Jack Charlton at home and I remember some terrible atmospheres as well as some crackers like the wins v Spain and Portugal. The match v Spain was on in the afternoon with no lights at the time and yet the atmosphere was fantastic.

GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:15pm
Good atmosphere the other night
As good it has been in the new lansdowne (bar the last chunk of the Russia match).
People seemed more up for it with the likes of booing and whistling any Polish player in possession of the ball or anytime the away fans got a good sing song going we'd try and drown it out. First time I've seen that in the new ground.
Even the roar every time we threw together the smallest of attacks together was more of what we want to see.
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Good atmosphere the other night
As good it has been in the new lansdowne (bar the last chunk of the Russia match).
People seemed more up for it with the likes of booing and whistling any Polish player in possession of the ball or anytime the away fans got a good sing song going we'd try and drown it out. First time I've seen that in the new ground.
Even the roar every time we threw together the smallest of attacks together was more of what we want to see.

That was done very well. We're I sit in east upper I could hear the Irish fans drown out the Poles a lot.
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by 085immersive 085immersive wrote:

Don't mind that redneck or sea do something abhaile crap. Words instead of bogger songs. Were not at a GAA match. Unless we shouted....Caca Milis....Caca mills....caca caca caca millllllllllllis.

Get off this thread you absolute spanner

Right back at you!!!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 2:05am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

In fairness the guy from the FAI told us that exact same figure when we where in hanging the flags earlier in the day, he was certain there wouldn't be anywhere near as many polish as everyone thought there would be. Apparently 32000 seats are gone for every match before anything goes on general sale. Ya would wonder how they got all those tickets together up in the upper east and west stands, big sections of them up there. It looked to me that they weren't too far off having 20k red and white everywhere.
Thought we done well making noise for the team, every time the polish fans started a chant we were straight over the top of them with ybig or JCGE. We do need more songs tho, lonesome boatman and this land is your land are two that could easily work for us. Myself and deco tried to get the boatman going outside slattery's but wasn't too many interested.

If anyone believed that there was only going to be 3,000 Poles in the home stands PM me, I have some magic beans for sale.

I would pull you up on your bloopers but I would literally be here til Xmas

Let's be fair here, you are in no position to criticise others for posting untruths.
in this case I very much am
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 1:25pm
Some noise at McGregors conference yesterday. Obviously you can't compare that to an open stadium but the energy was brilliant.

Edited by 085immersive - 01 Apr 2015 at 1:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic