You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's make Aviva a cauldron of noise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I hate to piss on peoples parade but the football has to be conducive to a good atmosphere. Hoof ball does not encourage people to sit up and shout their team on.
I remain an optimist and love to roar on my country but that's the simple fact.

I'm relatively confident that MON will play with less fear at home we can't really judge the Gibraltar game as an example but we most defiantly wouldn't have scored 7 past them under Trap so I believe the approach will be more positive and that we're not just depending on Set pieces to create chances. I live in hope we produce it on the pitch and the crowd will follow. 

Edited by irelandfan - 27 Mar 2015 at 10:47pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sponsored Links

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I hate to piss on peoples parade but the football has to be conducive to a good atmosphere. Hoof ball does not encourage people to sit up and shout their team on.

I'm relatively confident that MON will play with less fear at home we can't really judge the Gibraltar game as an example but we most defiantly wouldn't have scored 7 past them under Trap so I believe the approach will be more positive and that we're not just depending on Set pieces to create chances. I live in hope we produce it on the pitch and the crowd will follow. 

Yes and it's nearly gone unnoticed that we've won our last three games at the Aviva (Oman, Gibraltar and USA). Fingers crossed we extend this to four in a row on Sunday.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Yes and it's nearly gone unnoticed that we've won our last three games at the Aviva (Oman, Gibraltar and USA). Fingers crossed we extend this to four in a row on Sunday.

I like your optimism but tbh all three were games we expected to win. If we didn't win the first two sure we may as well jack in attempting international football altogether.

Hopefully we can go on an unbeaten run at home now.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:48am
Beating the U.S. was a very good result, though the football wasn't the best. The Gibraltar and Oman results were expected alright.

As for tomorrow, we're gonna have to go all out. On the pitch and in the stands. And to be honest, I don't care about the style. Just get the damn result and fight for it!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 9:33am
With you on this Gerk, but as you know you are preaching to the converted on here, it is the west and east stand that need to be revved up for this, the message needs to be drilled into them by the PA announcer at all times leading up to kick off and even through the game that they need to get behind the team and show their support because the Poles will be rocking the place, they are likely to be scattered all over the stands in big groups which hopefully riles our own supporters up when they start chanting and gets our crowd motivated
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 2:44pm
This is going to be a cracker I reckon
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Beating the U.S. was a very good result, though the football wasn't the best. The Gibraltar and Oman results were expected alright.

As for tomorrow, we're gonna have to go all out. On the pitch and in the stands. And to be honest, I don't care about the style. Just get the damn result and fight for it!

Exactly. It's a results business. I'm sure people will not give a sh*te about how the 3 points were got sitting in the boozer after the game so long as the 3 points are in the bag.

Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow now
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Really? from where i was sitting it looked to be decent enough....i thought that night we attempted to play how we should, able to make it physical when required but well able to knock it about as well, as we saw with our goals

But yeah. If we win tomorrow ill not be complaining about how we played

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 28 Mar 2015 at 3:09pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I like your optimism but tbh all three were games we expected to win. If we didn't win the first two sure we may as well jack in attempting international football altogether.

Hopefully we can go on an unbeaten run at home now.

The team played well in all three matches though. It's not as if they were three ugly wins. It would be nice if we found out that MON is a very good manager for playing at home, and a win over Poland tomorrow would give us huge confidence against Scotland.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:35pm
Listen to this to get the emotions going even more ahead of the game

https://soundcloud.com/ilfranco91/its-time-irish-football-symphony-2014
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:39pm
Yep all up and running and ready for the off just 27 hours to see out Party
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Greengunner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greengunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:53pm
Just over 5 hours left in work, Thoughts of sitting in Ryan's this time 2Moro keeping me Going, Can't wait to be in the West Upper cheering on OUR Team...
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:59pm
i work weekends cause of college will be in till 5 tomorrow Thumbs Down straight to the pub after! Since yesterday the hours have been dragging haha
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 5:19pm
Can't wait for this tomorro! ybig!!
"Just put it up there..."
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 5:41pm
I have a feeling we might be out sung by the poles, we need to hit them hard and early. Get in create and atmosphere and hope the players feed off it #ybig
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:50pm
The SS is going to be absolutely rocking tomorrow. Cannot wait.

But in general this game will not need the SS to get the rest of the stadium going. The circumstances of the game with it being a Sunday evening and such important in terms of our chances to qualify. Think the whole place be rocking

Edited by t_rAndy - 28 Mar 2015 at 8:53pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The SS is going to be absolutely rocking tomorrow. Cannot wait.

A quick goal for us in the first ten would be great for it. First game in ages that I have been looking forward too. Very optimistic about the result.

Edited by drog addict - 28 Mar 2015 at 8:56pm
Chips don't bounce
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 6:34am
Ahhhhhh the day is here 5 more hours in  work then hit the road Jack , Dublin here we come .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic