You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lets all laugh at scottish football thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Johnnybhoy Johnnybhoy wrote:

Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Just look at Cyprus population of 800,000 and two of their teams qualified for the Champions league and Europa league group stages and their ranked 15th in the league rankings ShockedShockedShocked.
their country is not full of bar stool scum who ignore their countries league Wink

If a number of those that go over to england and scotland every week went to a league of ireland match, we'd have some league to do this country proud!

But instead, they'd prefer to boost the coffers of the leagues in scotland and england - and betray their own league in their own country Cry. I really dont know why they dont support scotland and enagland while they at it!!

You support united and fc unitedConfused

You don’t get it, do ye?

I’m Drogheda first! I always put an irish club before any british club! I’d never support a team from another country over an irish club!

Sono, the truth hurts sometimes!

I’m simply pointing out how pathetic it is the amount of people in this country who would’ve preferred a british club in green an white hoops (who they say they support cos of their ‘irish roots’) to go through last night, rather than a proper irish club in green and white hoops!

The Scottish league showed up again why it is a purely sh*te british league! Well done lennon and mccoist - 2 great players in their day, but 2 sh*te managers LOL

I have been going to rovers games for years, even before the 1st division and most rovers fans I know like celtic.

I dont know one celtic fan irish or glaswegian that wasnt delighted last night, even celtic fans I know that support pats and shels were delighted, bohs ones werent too happy thoughLOL

Why do you naturally assume celtic fans hate LOI?? you couldnt be more off, I'm happy to support both just like yourself

I’m not having a go at you mate, or any other celtic fan that also supporters the league of Ireland!

But unfortunately you are in a minority of celtic fans in this country! If all the celtic fans in this country (who support them cos of their ‘irish roots’ – or cos the Scottish league is a better standard of football than the loi ) went to the league of Ireland to see proper irish teams every Friday, the grounds would be packed and we’d have a decent league!!

On a side note, lastnights result will have no real benefit to the league of Ireland imo! Crowds around the country wont go up cos of it – and as said above rovers will now probably walk the league over the next few years! But in saying all that, its still nice to see an irish team  finally make the break through to the group stages in a European competition

I agree with that, the buzz will die down and normal service will resume unless irish teams can contantly make an impact in europe, then maybe it will change but looks like rovers will just dominate and other teams will probably be left in the lurch.

tbh though and you have to agree, celtic are not the most supported foreign team in this country by a long shot, they cant even touch on liverpool and uniteds support, its the EPl and sky sports that does most damage to the LOI not celtic IMO although they do play a part, celtic fans (ones that dont have them as a second team after an english team) are not in great numbers in this country.
Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 4:01am
Off topic but Johnnybhoy change your signature, the man is a **** of the highest order!

Johnnybhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 4:04am
haha had that since slovakia away, Ill change it when i find something good to replace it with....just for youHeart
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 4:25am

I agree with that, the buzz will die down and normal service will resume

I remember going to see shels play deportivo in Lansdowne in front of 10s of thousands of people – and then the following week I went to see shels play harps in the cup in tolka and there were only a few hundred at it!!

Unfortunately the majority of irish football supporters are only event junkies – but it takes all sorts I suppose

In saying that though, id say rovers attendances now will see a bit of a jump for the rest of the season!

Just a shame nobody will come near to winning the league for the next number of years (and im sure a couple will go banruot trying to keep up with ye!!!

Still think our 2007/2008 team was better though! (and the shels team before us were the best ive ever seen in 25 years following the league).
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 4:41am

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

People can support who they like - why call them idiots?

Explained in the first line of the thread Thumbs Up

So how many 'irish' fans on here wanted that green and white hooped british club to go through ahead of the green and white hooped irish club?

British club, over irish club, yeah?

go on, admit it!!

i didnt know they were playing each other.

you tool LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:02am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

People can support who they like - why call them idiots?

Explained in the first line of the thread Thumbs Up

So how many 'irish' fans on here wanted that green and white hooped british club to go through ahead of the green and white hooped irish club?

British club, over irish club, yeah?

go on, admit it!!

i didnt know they were playing each other.

you tool LOL

One of the biggest bandwagoners on the forum giving out about how most irish football fans are event junkies- wheelo obviously fails to see the irony in thatEmbarrassed
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

One of the biggest bandwagoners on the forum

? Confused
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:06am

? Confused

How many clubs do you support?
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:14am

? Confused

How many clubs do you support?

To be honest, its probably wrong in saying that I am a supporter of any team in England considering I only go to see them a couple of times a year!

I 'properly' support one club, Drogheda United.

I would be more of a fan of Man Utd and FC united!

But if I was a bandwagoner, there is no way I’d be going to watch Drogheda United every week LOL

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:18am

I agree with that, the buzz will die down and normal service will resume

I remember going to see shels play deportivo in Lansdowne in front of 10s of thousands of people – and then the following week I went to see shels play harps in the cup in tolka and there were only a few hundred at it!!

Unfortunately the majority of irish football supporters are only event junkies – but it takes all sorts I suppose

In saying that though, id say rovers attendances now will see a bit of a jump for the rest of the season!

Just a shame nobody will come near to winning the league for the next number of years (and im sure a couple will go banruot trying to keep up with ye!!!

Still think our 2007/2008 team was better though! (and the shels team before us were the best ive ever seen in 25 years following the league).
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:18am
Why do you bother going over to watch united and fc united if you only properly support drogheda?

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:20am
barlow once again you miss out on the difference between been a fan and a supporter
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:23am

barlow once again you miss out on the difference between been a fan and a supporter

Q man the chap regularly goes over to man united games- fc united games but claims to only properly support drogheda- he has some nerve calling other people event junkies
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:31am

Q man the chap regularly goes over to man united games- fc united games but claims to only properly support drogheda- he has some nerve calling other people event junkies

Barlow I'm not having ago at you as I have stated on here before you are a diehard man united fan

you are passionate about that particular british club and never miss them play when they are on television

there is a difference between a fan and a supporter, wheelo is a diehard drogheda united supporter who you very seldom miss at hoem or away games

like most LOI supporters hwheelo is a fan of a british team aswell , I myself fall into this category as I am an arsenal fan [not supporter]

I am a Drogheda United supporter and when someone asks me who I support I always say Drogheda United

Once Barlow again not having a go at ya
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:35am

Barlow I'm not having ago at you as I have stated on here before you are a diehard man united fan

you are passionate about that particular british club and never miss them play when they are on television

there is a difference between a fan and a supporter, wheelo is a diehard drogheda united supporter who you very seldom miss at hoem or away games

like most LOI supporters hwheelo is a fan of a british team aswell , I myself fall into this category as I am an arsenal fan [not supporter]

I am a Drogheda United supporter and when someone asks me who I support I always say Drogheda United

Once Barlow again not having a go at ya

I completely understand your point but do you not get my point that its hypocritical of him to brand other people as event junkies when he falls into this category himself

I dont know the chap personally and have nothing against him just think its a bit rich to be giving other people stick when he is basically doing the same thing
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:35am
Who do ya support in England?

Don't support anyone mate but I am a fan of arsenal, qman would ya ever fuk off with your tripe ffs, absolute bollox that is, pure pony.

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Who do ya support in England?

Don't support anyone mate but I am a fan of arsenal, qman would ya ever fuk off with your tripe ffs, absolute bollox that is, pure pony.

listen smithers  for one i never use the word mate and don't ever act out a real life situation involving my life again!

If that situation occurs i would say I support Drogheda United and if it was a **** weasel like you that was asking the question and his response was "who do you support in the premier league" i would say im an arsenal fan
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:42am
Once again ya can't give a proper reply, all u come back with is insults, such a waste of time discussing anything with you, pathetic qman even for you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic