You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leicester City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 4:51pm
Is there anyone out there, aside from City fans, who don't want them to win the title now? I know Arsenal fans who want them to win the league ffs!
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:13pm
Do Leicester actually have any really close/historical rivals? I assume some midlands team.

I cant think of any really.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Do Leicester actually have any really close/historical rivals? I assume some midlands team.

Forest I believe.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Is there anyone out there, aside from City fans, who don't want them to win the title now? I know Arsenal fans who want them to win the league ffs!

Any fan of Spurs , City or Arsenal worth their salt want their club to win the league , they may wish that if they fail to do then a Leicester triumph would be their preferred option but not at the expense of their own club
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:45pm
Following on from Wes Morgan, I'm going to add Marc Albrighton, Danny Simpson and Nathan Dyer as players I can't believe could end up playing in the CL next season. You'd have been declared insane if you said that last year.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Forest I believe.

I assume Forest would see Derby as a more hostile rival. 

Coventry isn't too far from Leicester either so there might've been a bit of a rivalry there.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 6:18pm
Forest would consider Derby but Leicester consider Forest as their rivals.

Much like Leeds hate Man Utd but Utd consider Liverpool as their rivals.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 7:13pm
They've never been any good to have rivals.LOL  Unbelievable story and hope they do it. Failing that Arsenal.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 7:28pm
Coventry and Leicester have had a strong rivalry over the years. Know a few Irish Coventry fans whose songbook seems to be entirely aimed at Leicester, they want anybody but Leicester to win the league! Kasabian refused to play the Ricoh a few years back.
As has been mentioned, there is a secondary rivalry with Forest too.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 1:54am
For everyone "fawning" over this team I'm going to put this up -

In 2003 their owners took a 'tactical' decision to go into administration meaning hundreds of local businesses lost out on cash (I'm sure some could well have been critical), but hey its grand they're now the "in" club in the epl while other clubs in england who didnt cheat, always paid their debts, refused to take the easy way out struggle in the lower leagues but thats peoples choice on ybig, sure just look at the love in for Barca to see that.........

So, NO, superdave, based on current standings, they are the last fkn team I want to see win the epl (excuse my language) Thumbs Up
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:20am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

In 2003 .....

What has 'this' team as you put it got to do with any event in 2003 ? These players and coaching team deserve every piece of credit they get so give over with the look at me I'm different to everyone else attention seeking !!
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 2:02pm
Nottingham fans really really don't like Leicester. Millwall and Leicester have a thing about each other as well. Based on the way their away fans behaved I would imagine many older football fans would have no time whatsoever for Leicester. Not exactly the friendly little club they are made out to be.
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 2:18pm
Don't Leicester and Chelsea have a rivalry, hoolie related?
Was something in that Donal McIntyre Headhunter documentary.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 2:40pm
Ye Philly talking about what their ex owners did in 2003, while it was a terrible action, has little relevance to this current team. It wouldn't make a difference who the team at the top was, be it Stoke, west brom or Leicester. It's the fact that an underdog has a great chance of winning the league. It's football related rather than from a business perspective.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

Yeah, Leicester have quite a few Asians in their support, this included their hooligan group 'the baby squad'(honestly, who comes up with the names?). This led to bigger problems when Chelsea, Millwall and the like came to town.
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

Yeah, Leicester have quite a few Asians in their support, this included their hooligan group 'the baby squad'(honestly, who comes up with the names?). This led to bigger problems when Chelsea, Millwall and the like came to town.

It doesn't quite have the same ring to it as the Headhunters or Bushwhackers alright.

"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

In 2003 their owners took a 'tactical' decision to go into administration meaning hundreds of local businesses lost out on cash (I'm sure some could well have been critical), but hey its grand they're now the "in" club in the epl while other clubs in england who didnt cheat, always paid their debts, refused to take the easy way out struggle in the lower leagues but thats peoples choice on ybig, sure just look at the love in for Barca to see that.........

Ah sure that happens to all great clubs.
KOH.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 5:10pm
I hope thy do it. Would be an absolutely fairy tale story. Seeing as Liverpool blew a similar position with a far superior team my head is telling me they'll fall away at the business end in March/April.
Anyone keeping an eye on Spurs? Seem to be going under the radar.

Edited by Bitored - 07 Feb 2016 at 5:11pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
  Share Topic