You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leicester City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 9:04am

It's genuinely amazing what they continue to do. As others have said they are actually also very entertaining to watch. That build up play, which lead to what probably should have been a penalty for Okazaki, was the best I have seen from any side season. When the likes of Danny Drinkwater are doing deft back heel through ball flicks you know how much of an impact the manager must be having. Incredible and long may it continue!

Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 9:36am
Fair play to them, big test to come of course with City away if they could get something out of that you never know what the confidence could do.

I still think Arsenal or City will pip them though
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 10:56am
Leicester for the leagueClap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:02am
The Tinker Man

Will be a joke if he doesn't get manager of the year
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:15am
They've been great. Wouldn't be surprised if they win the league, should be a shoe-in for Top 4.

Be interesting what happens to them next year, what sort of player would they get if they make the CL.

Not wanting to piss on their parade, but part of me thinks they should put the money to repaying all the local builders they scammed 12 years ago. Had a nice shiny new stadium built on credit, entered administration as soon as it was open, defaulted on their debts without paying any of the builders. The 10 point administration deduction rule was brought in as a result of this to avoid teams doing this in the future.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 12:37pm
There's no chance of that happening. Different owners, different times.

I would say they could build a new training ground and use the same local builders and suppliers but they built a new place in 2011:
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/pictures/Gallery-Leicester-City-s-new-training-ground/pictures-13557161-detail/pictures.html#1
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:34pm
Woot Woot! We did it again taking all three points against Liverpool! Jamie Vardy kinda stunning with his two goals
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:43pm
A few weeks ago when the fixtures of Tottenham away and Liverpool at home were up, no would have said that they'd get 6 points from those games. 

Mahrez and Vardy are playing well after a little dip, if they get 1 point from their next two games that'd be a reasonable enough return.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by HelloBarry HelloBarry wrote:

Woot Woot! We did it again taking all three points against Liverpool! Jamie Vardy kinda stunning with his two goals

LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 2:51pm
Imagine someone like Wes Morgan playing in the Champions League. He was a calamity case last year, amazing the difference a new manager can make within a year.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 3:07pm
Not much different to the likes of Gary Caldwell, Kelvin Wilson or Efe Ambrose playing in the champions league

edit - well Morgan is like Baresi compared to the latter.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 03 Feb 2016 at 3:07pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 3:40pm
That back 3 of Schmeichel, Morgan and Huth have been really solid this season. It is amazing to see the turnaround. Anyone else think Schmeichel will be a quality keeper with a top club in years to come? Every time I see him play he impresses me more and more.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

That back 3 of Schmeichel, Morgan and Huth have been really solid this season. It is amazing to see the turnaround. Anyone else think Schmeichel will be a quality keeper with a top club in years to come? Every time I see him play he impresses me more and more.

unreal smashes Lallana with a deliberate elbow and never even gets booked, Villas J Ayew does the same against Cresswell and deservedly gets a Red one rule for when your top of the league against when your rock bottom, fcukin rediculous!Ouch
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 4:00pm
The queer thing about that was the ref actually spotted it and gave a free to Liverpool but never carded Huth! He does love a good elbow does Huth - he was involved a couple of weeks ago with someone as well.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Not much different to the likes of Gary Caldwell, Kelvin Wilson or Efe Ambrose playing in the champions league

edit - well Morgan is like Baresi compared to the latter.

It was more in the context of him playing in it when more established and better players from other clubs who are in danger of not making it will miss out.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 1:57pm
Got to take Leicester seriously now with them being 2 0 up at Man city. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 2:48pm
A breathe of fresh air this season. Sensational stuff from them today Clap 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 4:44pm
Smashing team to watch !
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
  Share Topic